The Great LSM Twins Group Build ends July 3, 2024 ×

15 hours ago, Martinnfb said:

Talking about overkill. These rails will get abused by jack stands and lifts, so why not to make it obviously clear what they are for ?.... :)

IMG_0101.thumb.jpg.a2390061428a036855bdf9d38a4512f3.jpg

Also , tomorrow is a big day. I am going to pick up the car, finally, hopefully , maybe it will al work out without surprises .

Hey guys, I've been lurking here for a while since I joined up a few months back.  But just had to chime in here Martin. 

Take the stickers off the bottom and put them on the side.  Only way these will be seen is if you roll the car over!  Once you have it high enough to read these, its too late anyway.   These are one of the BEST mods I did on my '15.  Although my car has been lowered with Steeda springs as well.  And the first time you drive drag over a "hump" expect to change your underwear.

I've actually gotten hung up on a high curved exit at a gas station one time.  Thankfully it was at an uphill attitude and pressing in the clutch pedal let me roll off.  Very loudly with a horrendous scraping sound as well.  Everyone was looking to see if I had run into something and was dragging it.

And actually, no need for the stickers, anywhere you can grab these with a jack is GTG. 

• Like 4

Ha ha Jeff, thank You , I need some uplifting imputes at the moment. Soooooo, I just came back home from the shop and without the car !

The tech. was making last dent repairs and cracked the paint on the trunk lid. That is going to be repainted tomorrow  . At this point I am just smiling and trying to keep my cool.:) , other that that car looks awesome, crystal black is deep and shiny .

SCOTT, welcome to the LSM and thank you for stopping by and commenting in this odd topic. Yeah those decals are there just to be silly. I was thinking about the side placement , but it wouldn't matter since there is a pinch weld that covers it and the car is way too low for the average Joe-Shmoe to bend down and look :)

What springs did you used , ultralights ? I am sitting on CJPP coils and naturally during the last season I had to develop a new technique how to approach the curb in my driveway. :)

Message_1526604121631.thumb.jpg.6b9ebde8960b97a580df044e0fa7611f.jpg

• Like 4

Well IF the tech screwed up the trunk lid, at least better to do it NOW than when the weather is nice and you 'could' be driving it, BUT I totally understand, not having your ride near you is like having an hand cut off....... and by the time you get the car back it will be hot out and you may need to consider this.... just a random thought....

vent.jpg

• Like 5

Ha!  I had the same curb.  Filled it in with 4 bags of Sakrete Concrete!  Made all the difference in the world.  

Off the top of my heads, my mods are Steeda Progressive springs, 20mm wheel spacers, Magnaflow Street exhaust, Barton shifter, Mishimoto intake tube, Hurst type white shift knob, jacking rails, 50th anniversary. Tail lights, Coyote badged trunk panel and one of the best cheap mods was the the covers I put over the sun visor airbag warnings.

But that hood of yours, oh man how I have hood envy!

• Like 3

City of Calgary is withholding the right to lower the curb on public property and yes I requested the quote and they came and mark pretty little arrows , but their crews were backlogged till  last September so I gave up.

Here is an update, truck is painted and baked, car "should" be ready to go on Monday :)

IMG_0120.thumb.JPG.9bbe74be24f0b141acced971d66e356a.JPG

• Like 3

Also I trashed our minivan on Friday morning. Minus million turned the roads into invisible ice sheet. Approaching a turning lane, slowing down, slowing down, tap the pedal ...nothing,,,ABS hates me..... taping brake,,, nothing,,, this is ridiculous ,,,,,10 feet left to the car ahead of me, tapping the brake...nothing , honk the horn.....oh f-this...bumm.

You wouldn't believe how brittle plastic gets in deep sub-zero temperatures  :)

IMG_0110.thumb.JPG.f2c57e980c05c844926d177cae9929cc.JPG

• Like 1

Minus a million.......? You should come to southern BC old buddy, it is only minus 1/2 million here, rather tropical.... looks to be a little tranny fluid under the front end too.... and for the record............ No,........ I never gave a thought to how brittle 'plastic' is at those temps...... never even crossed my mind until I see your plight..... I'm shaking my head.........why no ABS? It should have kicked in , I would say, kind of the reason it's there....??... what kind of tire are you using? I have had excellent luck with Toyo GO 2's, I think they have changed the number, BUT they have " microbit technology', meaning they have the good tried and true tested walnut shells in the rubber....... they are incredible, and are a full winter tire, not sure that would have made much difference at minus a million and the hard ice that makes, but it might be worth some investigation...... my driveway, right now is like the Saddle-dome, and I had to jam my brakes on and its a down graded roadway, and I may have slid about 10 feet at most...... sorry to see your troubles, bud.... I guess as you were t the back they say it's your fault eh?

• Like 1

Oh, and for the curb thing, can you drop a 2x4 at the curb to lessen the drop? I see that here all the time, just remove it when the street sweeper comes by so you don't go to jail for 'littering or altering the street or some silly thing.....

• Like 1

My minivan is awesome  :)  

Just to clarify the ABS works , but it doesn't do much on ice, once you loose traction that's it. I have decent winter tires, yet no studs or chains . This was a very low speed accident it was almost comical as I was sliding towards the car front of me helplessly trying to warn him, by honking etc. I was considering going out and pushing it backwards :)

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Jeff said:

Minus a million.......? You should come to southern BC old buddy, it is only minus 1/2 million here, rather tropical.... looks to be a little tranny fluid under the front end too.... and for the record............ No,........ I never gave a thought to how brittle 'plastic' is at those temps...... never even crossed my mind until I see your plight..... I'm shaking my head.........why no ABS? It should have kicked in , I would say, kind of the reason it's there....??... what kind of tire are you using? I have had excellent luck with Toyo GO 2's, I think they have changed the number, BUT they have " microbit technology', meaning they have the good tried and true tested walnut shells in the rubber....... they are incredible, and are a full winter tire, not sure that would have made much difference at minus a million and the hard ice that makes, but it might be worth some investigation...... my driveway, right now is like the Saddle-dome, and I had to jam my brakes on and its a down graded roadway, and I may have slid about 10 feet at most...... sorry to see your troubles, bud.... I guess as you were t the back they say it's your fault eh?

Thank You Jeff, well it was approximately minus 24 C :), it is my fault I accept full responsibility for the accident. There was a reason why everybody else was using the right ( cleaner) turning lane. Once again, no animals were harmed during this stunt and broken metal and plastic can be replaced :)

• Like 4

4 hours ago, Ryan said:

Sorry for your accident, but now you can put that poor minivan out of its misery!

Ryan

PS I hear VW may be bringing the micro bus back...I'll be the first in line!

Thank You Ryan, that minivan is almost new and I have to admit this is the most practical/ family oriented vehicle I have ever owned . I haven't heard from the repair shop yet , however this shouldn't be a major work. I busted the radiator , inner frame and support, with addition of some plastic bits, no drama :)

• Like 2

Oh how I miss freezing rain, and packed ice!  For the last 18 years I haven't seen a single snowflake.  I used to drive truck in the US for a living.  Downshift baby, downshift...  What... you got automatic?  Wut was you thinking?

Gaz

• Like 3

9 hours ago, GazzaS said:

Oh how I miss freezing rain, and packed ice!  For the last 18 years I haven't seen a single snowflake.  I used to drive truck in the US for a living.  Downshift baby, downshift...  What... you got automatic?  Wut was you thinking?

Gaz

18 speed is where it's at........I LOVE them...... best for my tandem plow truck....

• Like 2

My daughter busted up the front of her 2009 Nissan Altima a few weeks back.  Very similar damage, but no ice. She was looking at her wisdom teeth in her mirror.  

Not doing insurance claim since they would probably total it since there is very minor damage to the hood as well.  Instead I ordered all the parts for $700 and I’ll swap them out when she gets a break up at Clemson.   She’s going to live with the hood damage.  

Hood repair and labor along with better crash parts (OEM) would have probably pushed this close to $4K. 

• Like 4