The Great LSM Twins Group Build ends July 3, 2024 ×

And that catch can his hanging out there working as a radiator cooling the oil and collecting the condensation.   Just rolled 45,000 miles on my '15 driving home yesterday.

I still need, want, gotta have that hood!!   But alas, with the soon to be released HB B-24D I know where I need to put my money. 

• Like 3

15 hours ago, Clunkmeister said:

Valve or injector noise? Maybe chain noise?

there are many theories and many short blocks were replaced under the drivetrain warranty , so this statement from Ford is kinda silly. My engine is fine( knock on plastic) , but they say rod clearance or crankshaft ? 

• Like 2

• Administrators
3 hours ago, Martinnfb said:

there are many theories and many short blocks were replaced under the drivetrain warranty , so this statement from Ford is kinda silly. My engine is fine( knock on plastic) , but they say rod clearance or crankshaft ? 

Well, if you want the problem fixed under warranty, get in, go for a drive, and blow a couple power shifts with your right foot glued to the floor.  You might get an input shaft or even a complete transmission as a bonus. :)

• Like 3

Rails are nice, aren't they?  

I parked next to a 4WD truck today that had been off roading.  I think my Mustang was nastier.  Starting to get pollen and winters road grime is still pilled up.  I need tp pull out the pressure washer.  

• Like 3

Pressure washer is next on the list. As a fresh home-owner I am realizing how much is the basic house maintenance worth.  :0 Rails are awesome, I can't imagine how difficult is not to slash your pinch weld without them. 

Ambient light is always welcome :)

IMG_0197.thumb.jpg.89b8f67a3611955d14dfea4e3a3d365c.jpg

• Like 5

The jacking rails are perfect.....I remember back in 'the old days' an engine rattle could be old sticky lifters, they did that until they filled with oil, a bottle of Rislone Concentrate fixed that up... i hardly think that's an issue these days though............ now to the 'Important' stuff...... polishing your tail pipes, I have Corsa pipes on my '03 Corvette roadster, and I use a very gentle metal polish, AND I have a 'Power Ball" that I attach to my drill and that way I can polish the inside of the pipes as far in as the curve of the pipe.....so they are not all black and sooty on the inside or covered in road dust ( crap) that they somehow pick up while driving..... yes , I polish the inside of my tail pipes.... that's not weird, nope not at all.................... its not................................... really ............................ honestly it's not.....:blink:, but I really DO polish the inside of them...

• Like 1

AND, if you think that polishing my pipes is goofy, at a show we even dust BEHIND the pedals, rear view mirror and the sun visors.....................I also do that regularly so the dust doesn't build up.........:D................................ honestly................ I'm FINE................ no need to call Dr. Phil...................................... yet.....

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Martinnfb said:

I know you are , it is me and my dirty mind and immature so-call humour . Those pipes are made by Roush, so as intake . They sound very interesting, deep and no crackles.

NO worries, I started it, keep going, this is what car guys do and its fun......and it's all good.................. if those are your pipes, they look cool, and would be well into an inside polish.....so I am assuming, that the Roush pipes were an option package with Ford, when you bought the car, or did you have to get them later?? I can order Borla as a factory option right from GM, so I'm thinking the same idea??

• Like 1

They were installed by the first owner , an older gentlemen who did tons of work, but had to trade the car in for a truck due the health reasons. There was 4000km on odometer when I bought it. The car smelled like new. I am actually very lucky, the car has no issues whatsoever . Not counting the speed bumps and everlasting police presence :)

• Like 1

I am actually very defensive driver, especially in the Mustang. Young people love to zoom on the car, cut me off and even race me.  Needless to say that I am enjoying speed limits to the core of the meaning. For instance if there if a negative corner on the highway on-ramp with 80 km/h limit I am driving 80km/h. Working out my late apex approach and squaring off the take out line.  

• Like 1

I hear you, we have a couple real good curvy roads around here, one that guys actually come up for with their Harleys to zing through, much to the chagrin of the locals who tried to get the cops to stop them because they were 'too noisy'...............yeah right, it is in the middle of virtually no where, and a couple of 'tree hugger' types weren't fans... too bad I say... anyway I digress ( gee I get distracted easily...hhmmm ) this road is very curvy and relatively smooth , so when I have to refresh my mind, I drop the top and go there, turn on the Beach Boys, and rock and roll thru the curves with the Corsa pipes as background music, NOT going over the speed limit, but just keeping a brisk pace thru the curves.................. it is exhilarating.... you may have to come here and give it a go....

• Like 1

We are planning a road trip to the coast in the early summer, and Nelson is half way, so it is given that we stop by for a quick lunch/coffee :). Interesting that you mentioned music, I was trying to figure out what I like to listen to on the road. But in Mustang I ended up turning the radio off and practising downshift with a blip on gas, being all proud of myself.

I know this all sounds super-silly, probably another demonstration of my mid-life crisis LOL

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Martinnfb said:

....Young people love to zoom on the car, cut me off and even race me. 

My God, you are so right.  It seems these cars are an idiot magnet.  I can be driving down the road, last car in a long line and some twerp in his momma's car he installed a fart can muffler on always has to come flying up behind me, squeeeezzze in between me and the car in front of me just to make a damned point that either he's a better driver or just a complete moron. 

Sometimes I wish I could install machine guns behind flip-down headlights. 

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Jeff said:

...yes , I polish the inside of my tail pipes.... that's not weird, nope not at all.................... its not................................... really ............................ honestly it's not.....:blink:, but I really DO polish the inside of them...

Back in the day, polished pipes always meant 'fake'; as in one sooty, one shiny meant it's only a Six or a Four under the bonnet when pulling up and assessing whether to proceed from the lights in an unnecessarily hasty manner.

But in this case...

IMG_20190216_195440.thumb.jpg.75223e334604cd84a164789d85324173.jpg

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Wumm said:

Back in the day, polished pipes always meant 'fake'; as in one sooty, one shiny meant it's only a Six or a Four under the bonnet when pulling up and assessing whether to proceed from the lights in an unnecessarily hasty manner.

But in this case...

IMG_20190216_195440.thumb.jpg.75223e334604cd84a164789d85324173.jpg

:rofl:I represent that remark !!!!!  Yes, I am BUT at least I have a bonified excuse, for when the guys in the white jackets come to get me.................Now what about the rest of you guys... :lol:.................................. and as I keep them polished, no one will know what under the bonnet !! Could be an old sooty diesel......

• Like 1

Years ago I owned a Triumph GT6 Mk III, straight six, 2 litre. Anyway I thought I’d enter it at a show having resprayed it and redone all the interior. Man did the mark me down on everything, dirt on the callipers, dust under the seats, one thumb print on the chrome. Never again.......I miss that car.......now have a MX5 RF MK IV (Miata) to you guys........

• Like 1