The Great LSM Twins Group Build ends July 3, 2024 ×

All right, just came back from the shop. After little setback with the hood it all looks like she is going to be done this year :).

Hood was wet sanded again, first cut polish on the fenders and more detailing to come. I am coming back on Friday to exchange the wheels and pop on some mud flaps :)

IMG_0045.thumb.JPG.8274e1b0d016c4520e77e10ef5beefc0.JPGIMG_0047.thumb.JPG.e38f465fab2ea222597e2d20a10c17a4.JPGIMG_0048.thumb.JPG.b688a7b1915c3717bc06bcb5b0d9db34.JPGIMG_0049.thumb.JPG.e806aca64b33a53a0ffd27e1d9463847.JPG

• Like 4

Nah, no rally for this princess I am having hell of a time to get over the curb to my front driveway . These flaps are basically preventing rock damage on the paint. I am going to install lots of rubber into to the wheel wells and black is extremely unforgiving colour.

No drilling, no double side tape. Simple and effective .

BES1025_with_Black_Flaps_1024x1024.jpg?v

41OZS0rnQJL._SL500_AC_SS350_.jpg

• Like 5

Well..............................she is looking H O T !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I think the minor mods you did were excellent, she looks so mean and ready to get on it...................I have some 'mud' flaps on my Corvettes...., NOT that either of my hot rods will ever get close to 'mud', BUT I have found that for the amount invested it was more than worth the money, just due to the fact that as small and subtle as they are, they keep the 'road rash' off the rockers, and that is huge, for me..... nothing looks worse, than a beautiful car and paint with road rash on the rockers, that crappy grey dull look.................. FWIW, good call on the 'mud' flaps.................. now .................. here is the next question... or observation or wonderment........what are you going to use on the paint?? to keep it high gloss and gorgeous........ I have been doing some research on "Ceramic Coating" for base coat / clear coat..... supposed to be the cats pajamas.............. to get it 'professionally' applied can run up to 2 grand.... ( not really in my budget), but I have seen videos etc, on applying it yourself....... Meguaires have some, and Meguaires products is the only stuff I use, on ALL my rides..... rather inexpensive, dead easy to use and awesome results............... so dare I say I have a brand new truck on order, and am lightly tossing the idea of doing a ceramic coating on my new ride, but I am also of the mind to do a real good Meguaires Carnauba (sp) wax/polish instead of the ceramic coating stuff....... Meguaires make a ceramic coating that can be done at home, and the application seems to be the exact same process as the 'pro's' do it...... Martin, what are you or what do you use on the 'Stang...... as mentioned I have had excellent results with Meguaires, as I have won Concours events at Corvette shows, so I am somewhat reluctant to change my old ways...... they say ceramic coating will protect the paint longer and make it easier to clean when the time comes.............................. Martin or any of you other guys have thoughts on this, any one tried the ceramic stuff...... my new truck will be a real gorgeous metallic red, and I want it looking good for a long time.......... sorry for the long dissertation................

• Like 3

Thanks guys, hopefully tomorrow the detailing and finishing work will be done. 

Jeff I had a long chat with the detailer about the product that he's using and honestly I forgot almost all from what he said. He mentioned brand called "Chenical Guys" and some German stuff,I will ask him tomorrow and get v\back to you with a detailed report.  He's going nuts about this car, despite all the setbacks it should be good. Fingers crossed  :).

He was talking about using some kind of wax after the polish in order to protect the shine, yet I can't recall the brand. 

I hear you about the ceramic coating option , some guys are all excited about that, but again it boils down to money.

• Like 2

Yeah, I hear you there martin, I also understand that the carnauba wax is a natural product, from the palm trees in South America, where as the 'ceramic coating' is obviously man made chemical stuff...................... not that I am a raging environmentalist, but I am leaning to the natural wax........... I do recall back in the day............. waaaayyyy back, that carnauba wax was touted as the very BEST thing ever, but I know time and technology changes..... and yeah, it is all about economics.............

• Like 3

Nice ride Martin, this was mine before the dealer lifted it with a fork stile car lift and creased the rocker panels twice. They even paid the first time to have them replaced....

8499350497_88232b89e1_b.jpgimage by The 3rd Placer, on Flickr

When it happened again I traded it, just too stressful, my marriage also improved.

The fully thing is they had a tray still lift for low slung cars, but no one gave a shat to use it unless I was standing right there watching.

• Like 4

I love Nissan Zs Ryan, what a shame to loose your toy due these irresponsible dummies that call themselves professionals.

I just came back after spending 3 hour at the shop, installing my new mud guards , removing spacers, cleaning the hubs , lubricating and finally installing the new set of wheels on my Capri :)

honestly, I can't stop looking at this thing . Outside is minus 13C , but I am already hallucinating about the smell of the hot asphalt and bellow of my V8

IMG_0056.JPG

IMG_0058.JPG

IMG_0059.JPG

IMG_0060.JPG

IMG_0061.JPG

IMG_0057.jpg

IMG_0064.jpg

IMG_0066.JPG

IMG_0065.JPG

IMG_0063.JPG

• Like 5

Martin............. are you going to have to 'tub' her or flare the rear quarters for that rubber?? Holy wide tire Batman !!!  She is looking really good, I guess the time they took, which seemed a bit excessive to me sitting on the side lines looks to be well worth the wait, and besides , we don't drive our hot rods in the winter anyway.... 

• Like 2

Thank you Carl.

Thank You Jeff, it is minus 20 outside, in my garage?.... scorching plus 2. So Capri is getting flat-decked right in there, battery tender hook up, quick engine run, fuel stabilizer and then covered for long sleep until May......or longer :)

Orange is the new black Ivan ! :)

What has happened to your ponies, did they arrived OK? Is the garage ready, or is it still full of boxes? :)

Cheeers

M

• Like 3

The original plan was to correct the optical sins of the previous owner and to leave the engine as it is for the moment.
He tried to create a Shelby KR clone (King of the Road) from a true blue R-code 428 CJ. Neither fish nor fowl from a purist's POV.
When Anton (the guy in Germany in charge of the restoration) informed me he would be able to source almost all of the needed engine parts from refurbished new old stocks (NOS), I decided to give him a go on doing the full monty, thus giving the CJ project the extra time it needs and deserves. 

As soon as the CJ will be finished, my toys will be shipped to NZ as one big package: 2 ATVs, the 2008 Bullitt, the CJ, another Ford and an ex-Bundeswehr MB 250 GD "Wolf". In the meantime, we will have enough time to finish the new 4-bay garage/toy barn. So far, only the foundation has been cast... 

Fully-restored 1992 Mercedes-Benz 250 GD aka LKW 0.5t gl leicht "Wolf":
1A2g6aU.jpg

sKCvJZ8.jpg

• Like 4

While we're at it...
After its arrival in NZ, the Wolf will get a thorough repaint. I'm open for suggestions, gents.  ;)
(NO pink, NO RLM, NO MERDC!!)

The spade is a truly useful asset when it comes to curing fellow road users from possible road rage seizures...

• Like 3