The Great LSM Twins Group Build ends July 3, 2024 ×

hmmmmm, nope  I think Ford is pushing it .... 68 is 68.  S550 is S550 , a nice car in it's own way, but nowhere near to old school Mustang.  If Bullitt, then let us start from scratch with the help of the Dynacorn body shell and  later model drivetrain . ( no pun intended)

67fb_2.3844.jpg

• Like 4

It serves a purpose for the modern Enthisiast. Mustangs are selling like hot cakes in this market; 2200 over the last three months, outstripping the local GM product family sedan. Roush has a dedicated tuning outlet now in Melbourne. The Australian Touring Car series will have Ford Mustangs competing for the first time in over 30 years. People are looking towards these unusual models to stand out from the crowd.

Me, I'd have the rear seat out of that Green Meanie, throw on some slicks and be doing Track Days. That's a car for DRIVING!

• Like 4

Retro this:

cWkdQNu.jpg

Pony #3: 1968  Mustang GT 428 (7.0L) Cobra Jet, currently being restored to original condition. Much to my personal dismay, the very first Pony not being rebuild/restored or modded by myself. I hope the CJ is going to be finished before March 2019. If not, "Christchurch, we have a problem".

• Like 4

More honeycombs.

Mustangs for Canadian market are equipped with a block Heather. For that very reason the lower grille has this strange squarish shape to hide the related wiring . ....... I didn't like that and guys at the shop were kind enough to let me use their space on Saturday in order to pop in the new lower grille, that to me is more appropriate for the running pony fascia.20181222_123437.thumb.jpg.fe8d24e9352c6f9cd7e3d695459bd494.jpg20181222_124151.thumb.jpg.cb18814f8e5ad9b7997b85758ce98e31.jpg

• Like 3

Thank You Carl, I was little concerned about the overall match of those two pieces that were never officially combined together. Purist would say that this  is not the 50th anniversary edition look and the fangs on the bottom part won't have any continuation at the top grille etc. . 

But then I looked at the pictures 1964-66 Mustang  and noticed that there are  two very prominent vertical bars on the front bumper, good enough for me as a styling feature to relate to  :)

1965-ford-mustang-convertible-4-speed-28

• Like 2

18 hours ago, Martinnfb said:

More honeycombs.

Mustangs for Canadian market are equipped with a block Heather. For that very reason the lower grille has this strange squarish shape to hide the related wiring . ....... I didn't like that and guys at the shop were kind enough to let me use their space on Saturday in order to pop in the new lower grille, that to me is more appropriate for the running pony fascia.20181222_123437.thumb.jpg.fe8d24e9352c6f9cd7e3d695459bd494.jpg20181222_124151.thumb.jpg.cb18814f8e5ad9b7997b85758ce98e31.jpg

That looks W A Y  better.!!!!!!!!... sometimes I don't know where these guys who design cars get their ideas.................... young college boys who don't know how the purist or the enthusiast feels about old school tradition................... as you know I'm a devoted Corvette guy ( although I did have 3 Mustangs in my past )and when they brought out the C7  current generation, they said the design was to compete with the European cars.............. that's great and I understand BUT it is an American Icon.... we can compete with the European cars, but we don't have to LOOK like the European cars..... don't get me wrong European cars are fabulous in most cases, but we don't have to be a follower, we could lead ..LOL

Martin that front Valance looks awesome, GOOD choice, I LOVE it, looks like it is supposed to !

• Like 1

Thank You Jeff, I hear you completely. Every time US car makers are trining to match European styling something bad happens . :)  A friend of mine has a brand new stingray and don't get me wrong it is an absolutely fabulous machine, however it looks more like Ferrari than old school Vette. 

In my eyes , 69 was the absolute top in aesthetics , while in elementary school I use to be able to draw a picture of it from any angle.

chevrolet-corvette-stingray-1969-chevrol

• Like 2

Oh Pooh, I thought that '69 was your buddies car..... I like the C-2 and C3  I have a C4 and a C5 the old ones are awesome but the ride isn't the best, great power houses though..... the new C7 doesn't do much for me.. as neither will the anticipated mid engine C 8 ...... NOT in a Corvette, BUT GM didn't ask me so I guess they are on their own.. LOL

• Like 1

cool site, I went to the home page and that 70 Chevelle caught my eye..... BUT I can't I have a couple Corvettes, and something on order... so I HAVE to be a good boy..... although , IF I can ever win the big one, a 70 Chevelle SS 396 4 speed wouldn't go amiss...... or a 66 Goat 389 4 spd, or the 67 Corvette L 71 4spd................... oh I digress......

• Like 1

On 12/24/2018 at 5:58 AM, BlrwestSiR said:

These guys are about 30 minutes from me.

http://www.legendarymotorcar.com/inventory/current-inventory.aspx

They can also do full restorations if needed. 

Awesome Carl................I wouldn't be able to stay away.............. I have a buddy in Spokane who has an '03 Z06 Corvette with LESS than 2000 miles on it he wants to sell..... it is show room.............. beautiful ride, he wants a C-7...... it would fit in with these guys for sure...

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
28 minutes ago, Martinnfb said:

So after some time while my car has being hanging on the hoist and me getting vocally upset with the owner of the shop I recieved this picture. Hopefully more will follow.

Resized_20190104_184712.jpeg

More to follow????? More pictures, More Yelling, or more work?? doesn't that sort of stuff just PI$$ you off?????

• Like 3

On 12/23/2018 at 5:56 PM, Martinnfb said:

Thank You Jeff, I hear you completely. Every time US car makers are trining to match European styling something bad happens . :)  A friend of mine has a brand new stingray and don't get me wrong it is an absolutely fabulous machine, however it looks more like Ferrari than old school Vette. 

In my eyes , 69 was the absolute top in aesthetics , while in elementary school I use to be able to draw a picture of it from any angle.

Amen to that! 

C2 or C3 Vettes would be great stable mates for my Ponies. I'd need a bigger garage, though.
Definitely not a fan of the later C5/C6/C7 Vettes. It's like Raquel Welch and Monica Bellucci versus Miley Cyrus and Sarah Jessica Parker. Naaaaah...

• Like 2