The Great LSP Twins Group Build Starts Jan 24, 2024 - End July 3, 2024 ×

4 hours ago, Ivan Ivanovich said:

Amen to that! 

C2 or C3 Vettes would be great stable mates for my Ponies. I'd need a bigger garage, though.
Definitely not a fan of the later C5/C6/C7 Vettes. It's like Raquel Welch and Monica Bellucci versus Miley Cyrus and Sarah Jessica Parker. Naaaaah...

Now, THAT is a comparison I can visualise B)

Hubert

• Like 3

9 hours ago, Ivan Ivanovich said:

Amen to that! 

C2 or C3 Vettes would be great stable mates for my Ponies. I'd need a bigger garage, though.
Definitely not a fan of the later C5/C6/C7 Vettes. It's like Raquel Welch and Monica Bellucci versus Miley Cyrus and Sarah Jessica Parker. Naaaaah...

I can agree , but I must say.....the C2 and C3 are not great road trip cars, they do ride a little rough  and are, or can be a bit of a bear to toss around some heavy curves at speed in stock form, don't get me wrong a 67 L71 4 speed is still very high on my want list ( 200 k does take the fun out of that want a little tho) and as an owner of a C4 and a C5, I have to totally agree with the C5 is a little 'bulbous' in the back, BUT with that said.......... when they first came out I was outraged at the bulbous styling, and vowed to keep my C 4 always ( which I have so far new in 93 and still have her 44,000 miles) then for some reason the C5 grew on me, no not like a fungus, but it did, I drove one, and wow what a change for me.... there are many reasons why the style change for the C5 , one was so two sets of golf clubs could be hauled..... like I gave a damn about that.... :rolleyes: I did go out and buy a 50th anniversary roadster from a good buddy of mine and I have to say I love it......the style has grown on me and along side my C4 they make a great pair, with the LS engine power it is a rocket ship on wheels ..., BUT the C7 nay, nay....... not for 100k each, and the mid engine C8:censored:, I get why and all that stuff, but that would be like Ford doing a mid engine 'Stang, not in my world.....I guess I just have to step into the 20th century and leave the 21st to the young guns....... in my particular case, I still have a very soft spot in my heart for the Mustang, I had 3 of them, I am also VERY lucky to have a wife who embraces my car hobby, and participates with me at car shows and events, and I know how lucky I am to have ONE Corvette let alone TWO, Martin, I don't mean to hijack your thread and make it mine or about "those other cars", but all of us 'Car Guys' can appreciate your frustration at the lengthy time of repair to your steed... this is even becoming frustrating for ME, and it's not even my car....... have fun and relax in the sun, drink a couple dozen beers, and look at the pretty girls if you have to......B)

• Like 3

No highjacking at all Jeff, I like to talk about cars and your input helps a lot.  Corvettes are awesome  and I truly wish to have a bigger garage and financial freedom to enjoy them :). 

We finally saddled down in the hotel room at the Crown Paradise Resort in Cancun. I am in a great company of my two ladies, hoping that we can all exhale in next few days and take a new fresh breath of relaxation and sun. 

Regarding the C7 vette, I kinda like the radical approach. Corvette was always special, above regular muscle cars and the mid. engine configuration ( although  unorthodox) keeps it right there. If you ask me to choose between Lamborghini or C7, I wouldn't hesitate. OK, I would take the Lambo, sell it and buy two  C3s :thumbsup2: :)

• Like 3

13 hours ago, Martinnfb said:

No highjacking at all Jeff, I like to talk about cars and your input helps a lot.  Corvettes are awesome  and I truly wish to have a bigger garage and financial freedom to enjoy them :). 

We finally saddled down in the hotel room at the Crown Paradise Resort in Cancun. I am in a great company of my two ladies, hoping that we can all exhale in next few days and take a new fresh breath of relaxation and sun. 

Regarding the C7 vette, I kinda like the radical approach. Corvette was always special, above regular muscle cars and the mid. engine configuration ( although  unorthodox) keeps it right there. If you ask me to choose between Lamborghini or C7, I wouldn't hesitate. OK, I would take the Lambo, sell it and buy two  C3s :thumbsup2: :)

Thanks , buddy, I thought I 'might' be getting carried away a bit.....the $10k plus service fees for a Lambo, would be enough for me to say no thanks, BUT IF I had enough dosh to buy a Lambo then the 10k service wouldn't be a problem I guess.... HUH.... I'm afraid I'm a Corvette guy through and through, I know they are MY passion, and they are NOT for everyone, and they or the guys that drive them can get a bad reputation.....I have noticed though, most of the Corvette guys are now old farts like me.... been down the road a few times and know NOT to be a Yahoo with folks..... old and wise, maybe............... well old but not that wise.... as I mentioned I still have a very soft spot for a '69 Mach 1, or Boss of course, '70 Mach 1 or Boss, and as I had a '71 I could do that again all 4 spds of course.... they still turn on an old guy like me.....( T M I ??? ) I always drool at Barrett-Jackson when those come up on the block............................................. sigh....................................................

• Like 2

Funny how the regional culture influences preferences...

Mine started in the late 60s’ and early 70’s when the 917s were in front of the 512s in Le Mans and other races. I have always been a Porsche guy since... So, no, not a Corvette forme, but a 911 anytime, over and over any Lambo or Ferrari ...

Hubert

• Like 4

I hear you loud and clear Hubert, IF we all liked the same ride, the world would be an extremely dull place.............. and , Like you or not like you... I have always been a Corvette guy and never a Porsche , and like you, not one for me, BUT I do kinda like the turbo Carrera...... big whale tail in black...... we all have our passions, and once a Car Guy, always a car guy, and I can appreciate what it takes to keep a ride clean and what it takes to build a ride.... tuners, for me, NEVER, BUT I always try to talk with the young guns who have them and see what they have done, and some of those guys have HUGE talent.... defiantly not for an old fart like me, but I sure can appreciate what they do, and any of that is better than some of the other trouble they could get in...... its all good, and a little friendly rivalry is also very healthy.....

• Like 2

Guest DannyVM
49 minutes ago, Clunkmeister said:

111CC0E3-E6D4-4185-B269-0A49D7106540.jpeg

:omg:.................................my stomach hurts from laughing Ernie.......please don't do that any more....................:rofl:

But really on a serious note, such a Mustang is my dream car, and i can surely imaging that when a hail storm destroy's such a beauty you are not happy about it. I drive a Mercedes, it's my child to be honest, and when such thing should happen, i don't know what to do. I have insurance, but still.............

Thank you Ivan, I don't wan to sound like a pessimist, however........ let us give him another 3 weeks 

And here is a quick underwater shot of an unrelated  Mexican fish :)..... I am trying to crack through the initial GoPro user barrier :)

fish.thumb.jpg.d07a64bfa02ac1e41d34b3a5a54a7bcb.jpg 

• Like 4

On 1/12/2019 at 3:27 AM, Martinnfb said:

Thank you Ivan, I don't wan to sound like a pessimist, however........ let us give him another 3 weeks  (...)

Another three weeks? You lucky sod. :D
We've just decided to do the full R-code monty and give the CJ project another five months. 

"I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by."
(Douglas Adams)

• Like 3

Of course, it won't really be done till it has a bum[er sticker:

51p6kaZ2B3L._SX425_.jpg

Hows-My-Driving-Call-1-800-Eat-Shit-stic

But watch out for this one:

il_340x270.1255954844_6iqh.jpg?version=0

Perhaps some family stickers?

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQ9iPgeVK5tfVtgfMfBLli

p-1101-ffam.jpg

Heh...  dig this one:

41JRP6WhqAL._SR600,315_PIWhiteStrip,Bott

That'll get a couple of rocks chucked at your car for sure!

Gaz

• Like 2

Today the owner of the shop called to let me know that he's going to repaint the hood due some imperfection in the paint that was discovered after second polish. I was in the neighbourhood so I stoped by to take a look. To me it looked like a impact distress mark. Well, in the meanwhile I am preparing a set of jacking rails, etching primer and regal red. These will be later bolted along the outside of the pinch weld on the bottom of the car.

EKMR0275.thumb.jpg.eab3cabe13bda6884bf59def939c83f2.jpgBMLX7032.thumb.jpg.4bfc1b43aca708bf68d3de3a0f03f996.jpgIMG_0017.thumb.jpg.d2300ab69b3553df2abea013ab7eda5b.jpgVFGC8077.thumb.jpg.f6275854d3c75fd4495a781b69389271.jpg

• Like 4

You guys are funny, I see myself putting these on my bum for the extra effect once I poop my panties from never-ending waiting process. :)

some red / have no idea why I am spending so much time over these rails, they will be taking a lots of punishment at every service shop anyway...

DDCO7350.thumb.JPG.11ba7741ac7281e3ce0f20997ab5afc1.JPG

• Like 4

The jacking rails are an excellent idea, a good solid spot to connect to, I have special jacking 'pucks' I place in the correct spot...... and I am the ONLY guy who gets a jack near my car.... I saw a guy jack up a 3rd gen Firebird, then promptly jumped into the drivers seat... guess what happened?? I can tell you it wasn't anything good, and he wondered why the door never closed properly after that........:hsmack:

• Like 2