The Great LSM Twins Group Build ends July 3, 2024 ×

Trumpeter 1/24 Bf 109G-6 Late. Loooooong term project.

• 2 years later...
On 7/3/2021 at 2:29 AM, Martinnfb said:

I always wonder what happened to this build :)

Imagine my confusion when I logged in to see a notification on a 1/24 Bf 109-6 Late. ‘I don’t remember commenting on anything to do with one of those’ thinks I. The horrors of that kit have long been sent to the deepest darkest corners of my memory. Martin, I gave up on it. I got to doing the Galland Panzer Armour which for some reason Trumpeter moulded as a solid piece. So I had to remove the solid chunk that should be the armoured glass, and replace with some clear plastic, but I just gave up. Could never quite get the shape correct. Maybe now with 3D printing I could look in to having someone make the parts. This one however just stalled out and ended its days as a paint mule. I have thought about trying to do another, I cant find the Early version anywhere which doesn’t come with head armour at all if I remember correctly so would need that making. I did like the big scale though. 

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 4

• 2 weeks later...

That’s a very common story for almost every Trumpeter kit in my collection. However Ade, your build is very motivational and I’m contemplating to get one 109 for myself, with bald intentions to drop the engine trust line and cowling rework. If you like I can scratch one headrest glass for you once I get my kit. 

• Like 3

• 3 weeks later...
On 7/18/2021 at 10:10 PM, Martinnfb said:

That’s a very common story for almost every Trumpeter kit in my collection. However Ade, your build is very motivational and I’m contemplating to get one 109 for myself, with bald intentions to drop the engine trust line and cowling rework. If you like I can scratch one headrest glass for you once I get my kit. 

Thanks for the offer Martin, but the kit became a paint mule and was far more useful in that guise, what with 4 fuselage halves and all. I may one day tackle another of the large 109 kits but that’s a big maybe. I’d probably go for the G-2 or the G-6 Early should I ever find one of those. I’m also trying to stick to the one scale for display space reasons, though the 109 in 1/24 isn’t that large.

• Like 2