The Great LSM Twins Group Build ends July 3, 2024 ×

Lancaster B Mk.I, R5868, PO-S (S-Sugar)

9 minutes ago, Clunkmeister said:

The plastic's looking great so far, James, easily as nice as we were led to believe it would be.  I'm looking forward to the final result, and I'll definitely be building one of these, along with the WnW kit when it arrives.

This, along with the long awaited B-24, is forcing me to consider adding at least one new wing onto my house.

"a new WING to my house"......................................:rofl:

• Like 5

oooh not seen one of these in the flesh - looks fab James

I toyed with doing a PE cockpit & instrument decal set for this, but now the WNW one is on the cards I will leave it to the big boys to play in that space :)

really looking forward to seeing this come together

Peter

• Like 5

5 hours ago, Clunkmeister said:

This, along with the long awaited B-24, is forcing me to consider adding at least one new wing onto my house.

I hear you on that one Ernie. 

Maybe we should do what this couple did:

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/saskatoon/we-re-always-taking-chances-b-c-couple-buys-massive-unfinished-saskatchewan-mansion-1.4864117

Supposedly the garage is 2700 sq ft alone.

Carl

• Like 4

• Administrators
40 minutes ago, airscale said:

oooh not seen one of these in the flesh - looks fab James

I toyed with doing a PE cockpit & instrument decal set for this, but now the WNW one is on the cards I will leave it to the big boys to play in that space :)

really looking forward to seeing this come together

Peter

And as usual, Airscale will make a full appearance in this one too ;) 

• Like 3

• Administrators
7 hours ago, [CAT]CplSlade said:

Followed the link from the 'other' place to watch this unfold without all the snark.

I for one am happy with what HKM has done.

Good to see you here, man.  It’s decidedly laid back and friendly around here. Nobody, and I mean nobody tries to cause issues, matter of fact, the only issues we had were when an Admin and a Mod from there came here to sling brown poopy stuff around until they were shown the door.

I was exactly 6 years too late coming to LSM, man. 

I plan on building one of these as soon as it’s available. Straight OOB as much as possible too to achieve a white/nmf/red lightning stripe postwar RCAF. 

• Like 3

Excellent thread so far James. Will follow it closely. Hopefully HKM will launch a version without the clear fuselage parts and knock a few $ off the price. With our exchange rate, it is a big ask at the going rate.

Keep it up,

• Like 3

Gerhard

It was time to move on and I tried to say goodbye to all my friends but my simple posts  were removed almost as fast as I posted. 

LSM is my new home, all my friends are here or joining daily and I couldn't be happier. Glad you’re with the ‘Gang’. Just like the old days

Peter ;)

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Peterpools said:

Max and Cat

great to see you both here on LSM . Fun, Friendly and the Gang’s All Here:)

Peter

Thanks Peter, I actually joined LSM 4 years ago but haven't visited that often; James' Lancaster build is holding my attention right now and I guess will do for some time, but I have no axe to grind with LSP and it remains my modelling home. :) 

• Like 5