The Great LSM Twins Group Build ends July 3, 2024 ×

So, Christmas is coming. Which kit do you want to find under the tree?

GazzaS

Hi guys,

My stash could keep me busy for a few years.  I really don't have any idea what I should tell my missus what I want for Christmas (asking for a wild 1/1 scale 18-year-old is out of the question, unfortunately).  What's new and cool (and in production) out there in IM kits.

Gaz

• Like 7

There are a number of kits I would like, but as I said elsewhere I am running out of space. I do hope to complete kits I failed in the past. 

The builds at which I failed to complete include the George in honour of Harv, a J2M (I ordered a replacement 1/32 J2M2 last night from Japan, several 109's a Tojo and a Tony. Also my 1/2 finished Spitfire XVI. :)

All will come right.

• Like 3

Well, I need about 40 pieces of German armor to have every vehicle listed in the Encyclopedia of German Armor of WWII, but several of them haven't been kitted yet. And there are several LSPs that have been recently announced I have my eyes on, including two that are causing a lot of tension on 'another' board.

• Like 4

6 hours ago, Peterpools said:

OMG, I don't start hinting until after Thanksgiving.

Peter

My LHS isn't replacing a lot of military kits.   There's only a few kits left that I really want.  So I have to give the missus time for mail order.

Gaz

• Like 2

1 hour ago, GazzaS said:

My LHS isn't replacing a lot of military kits. 

You having that problem, too? My local HobbyTownUSA has been gradually shrinking its armor section and there are maybe a handful of LSPs. The freakin' giant robot section is growing for some reason. They claim their distributors just can't get them in, although noone else seems to be having that problem. I know mail-order/ebay hurts them, but not having kits in stock doesn't help either.

• Like 2

In Springfield near me, there is a Hobby Town that has lots of armor. If he doesn't have it he can order it. If there is something you really want, let me know and next trip there I can check.....Harv

• Like 3

1 hour ago, [CAT]CplSlade said:

The freakin' giant robot section is growing for some reason.

Sci- Fi is a massive part of the Hobby now. My Brother-in-Law models and does mainly Macross / Gundam / Evangellion, the recent explosion in Pop Culture has made it a legitimate pastime along with the current Superhero craze.

Hoping for some kind of Axis twin ( ZM Nick, Fly Ar234, HPH Fw189) but 2 months is a long time to hold one's breath.

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, Wumm said:

Sci- Fi is a massive part of the Hobby now. My Brother-in-Law models and does mainly Macross / Gundam / Evangellion, the recent explosion in Pop Culture has made it a legitimate pastime along with the current Superhero craze.

I'd almost agree with that except the Macross/Gundam stuff is growing, but all the other SF stuff is not. They don't even carry a good selection of the Star Wars kits, let alone any of the other big properties. Heck, my local Hobby Lobby carries more Star Wars.

• Like 1

According to my LHS, cars are the best seller, now.  There are three Trumpy  MiG 23 kits left.  I think my Christmas voucher (if I get one) is going to one of them.  The only new armor I've seen recently is WoT stuff.

Gaz

• Like 1