The Great LSM Twins Group Build ends July 3, 2024 ×

Trumpeter 1/32 P-40F???

JohnB

According to Hobby Search (Japan) they show it late Dec.  Can pre-order it now from them and also Kitlinx(USA) has it for pre-order.

I guess I missed HobbyLink Japan shows them in stock with a limit of only 20 per customer.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, MOJO said:

According to Hobby Search (Japan) they show it late Dec.  Can pre-order it now from them and also Kitlinx(USA) has it for pre-order.

I guess I missed HobbyLink Japan shows them in stock with a limit of only 20 per customer.

Ah, man. I really needed 21 for my project.

• Like 5

I dunno, aerial stub on the real deal photo, narrower shark mouth profile than what the decal profile sheet offers, bomb instead of drop tank? Or am I missing something glaringly obvious? If the kit turns out decent I’ll be getting one and won’t be doing either of those schemes anyway. I’m hoping it turns out decent because I have had several fallings out with the Hasegawa P-40’s of the various N’s and E’s I’ve mauled and we are no longer on speaking terms. 

• Like 3

12 hours ago, Clunkmeister said:

Trumpy put the vertical stripe in the wrong spot too, from what I can see. All typical Trumpy stuff. Fixable

Different plane, same squadron, 209 and 203. 209 is an F, 209 is an L model with the long tail. I built my grey matter F/L conversion as an L. 

I personally will buy two of these new F's when they come out.   

• Like 1

2 hours ago, 1to1scale said:

Different plane, same squadron, 209 and 203. 209 is an F, 209 is an L model with the long tail. I built my grey matter F/L conversion as an L. 

I personally will buy two of these new F's when they come out.   

Seems like a long tail to me. :)

Curtiss-P-40F-Warhawk-347FG68FS-W209-Guadalcanal-1943-01.jpg.044820779615ad44dbeb70e736404969.jpg

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Martinnfb said:

Seems like a long tail to me. :)

Curtiss-P-40F-Warhawk-347FG68FS-W209-Guadalcanal-1943-01.jpg.044820779615ad44dbeb70e736404969.jpg

Yup, you are correct, they gave the decals for an L model with the long tail. When I first looked at that picture, it looked like a 203. 

I think that everyone will need aftermarket decals anyway, Trumpy is not known for decals. I bought a Zots sheet, so it has both short and long tails on it.

• Like 4

• 3 weeks later...