Jump to content

Rye Field Panthers


JohnB
 Share

Recommended Posts

Certainly not airplane related but it IS large scale. :)

I picked up their early/late Panther G with clear parts a while back. It looks like a great kit and the reviews I have read mostly say that. I might even build it some time!!! :D

I just ordered their newest issue #5018. It too is a early/late G but without the clear parts. For some reason I have a weakness for the Panther. In my opinion it's the best looking tank to come out of WWII. It's more likely I'll build this one but we will see! :)

  • Like 7
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, BlrwestSiR said:

John, I've the clear version in the stash too and I just picked up the MENG Jagdpanther so I know what you mean. 

Did you get the new cutaway version or the "basic" one without an interior? 

Carl

 

Basic w/no interior Carl.

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 11/1/2018 at 4:39 PM, JohnB said:

Certainly not airplane related but it IS large scale. :)

I picked up their early/late Panther G with clear parts a while back. It looks like a great kit and the reviews I have read mostly say that. I might even build it some time!!! :D

I just ordered their newest issue #5018. It too is a early/late G but without the clear parts. For some reason I have a weakness for the Panther. In my opinion it's the best looking tank to come out of WWII. It's more likely I'll build this one but we will see! :)

I agree, I have not built a 1/35 armor kit in years, but I did have to breakdown and order the Rye Field Panther G from Sprue Brothers.  Just to nice of a kit to pass up on even if it does sit on my kit shelves.  Box art is excellent to!

KJ

1161431-13385-82-pristine.jpg

  • Like 5
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Iceman said:

I agree, I have not built a 1/35 armor kit in years, but I did have to breakdown and order the Rye Field Panther G from Sprue Brothers.  Just to nice of a kit to pass up on even if it does sit on my kit shelves.  Box art is excellent to!

KJ

1161431-13385-82-pristine.jpg

I agree. The box art is really good! :)

  • Like 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I'm tempted. 

Personally speaking, the interior is of secondary importance for me. I'm really curious to find out how these will fare when being pitted againts the Dragon Smart Kits. So far, I've only built the Dragon Smart Kit releases - Ausf.G early and late.

7Yai41M.jpg

y6nCt8e.jpg

jYq2I3r.jpg

 

  • Like 10
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I have a question for Panther specialist.

  1. MG was installed on the mount, but how it was fed? From the box magazine randomly sitting on the turret?  I was unable to find single picture that would even show MG installed.
  2. How it was elevated in order to aim ,, for instance on random Il-2 passing by?

Cheers

M.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

The MG 34/MG 42 ("Fliegerbeschussgeraet") was usually fed from a canvas belt bag ("Gurtsack") that was atached to the MG cradle. 

MuoKMgv.jpg

SQUORoq.jpg

y1LJvOd.jpg

 

Against aerial targets the entire gun cradle could be elevated by tightening/loosening a locking handle at the cradle base/turret ring slide lock.

xED2Qct.jpg

 

HTH

 

 

  • Like 5
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 11/7/2018 at 12:33 AM, Ivan Ivanovich said:

The MG 34/MG 42 ("Fliegerbeschussgeraet") was usually fed from a canvas belt bag ("Gurtsack") that was atached to the MG cradle. 

MuoKMgv.jpg

SQUORoq.jpg

y1LJvOd.jpg

 

Against aerial targets the entire gun cradle could be elevated by tightening/loosening a locking handle at the cradle base/turret ring slide lock.

xED2Qct.jpg

 

HTH

 

 

Fantastic, Thank you Ivan.  Is there a picture that is shoving MG installed on operational vehicle?

Cheers

M.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 hours ago, BlrwestSiR said:

Saw it, want it. 

Just have to get some of the outstanding projects on/near/around my bench/chair/floor finished first :D

Otherwise I won't have any space to work on it, much less add it to the stash.

Carl

 

Certainly your wife (or SO) has some old purses and shoes you can throw out to make room for it in the closet?

  • Like 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, [CAT]CplSlade said:

 

Certainly your wife (or SO) has some old purses and shoes you can throw out to make room for it in the closet?

I may have, um, done that a bit already? I think we're at the point where we may the same amount of shoes. She had way more purses though. 

Truthfully, my wife is actually fairly accommodating of my hobby. She's been known to banish me to my workbench for the odd weekend.

It's more that I've just got too many projects on the go all at once. Probably the most ever for me.

Here's my workbench at the moment.

i-nHfn3Xp-L.jpg

It's actually not too bad for those who know my organized chaos. But the problem is the piles behind my desk:

i-pPxvrF5-L.jpg

I'm working on every kit in the pile and on the stool except for the Super 7:

- 2 HK B-25J strafers

- 1/32 F-16 Block 50

-  1/35 Leopard C2

- 1/35 Firefly Vc

- 1/35 LCM

- 1/12 McLaren MP4/6

- 1/24 Celica WRC

- 1/32 Spitfire IX

- 1/32 FW 190A8

- 1/35 M24

So, yeah. I need to get some of those out of the way first. :rolleyes:

Carl

 

 

 

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, BlrwestSiR said:

I may have, um, done that a bit already? I think we're at the point where we may the same amount of shoes. She had way more purses though. 

Truthfully, my wife is actually fairly accommodating of my hobby. She's been known to banish me to my workbench for the odd weekend.

It's more that I've just got too many projects on the go all at once. Probably the most ever for me.

Here's my workbench at the moment.

i-nHfn3Xp-L.jpg

It's actually not too bad for those who know my organized chaos. But the problem is the piles behind my desk:

i-pPxvrF5-L.jpg

I'm working on every kit in the pile and on the stool except for the Super 7:

- 2 HK B-25J strafers

- 1/32 F-16 Block 50

-  1/35 Leopard C2

- 1/35 Firefly Vc

- 1/35 LCM

- 1/12 McLaren MP4/6

- 1/24 Celica WRC

- 1/32 Spitfire IX

- 1/32 FW 190A8

- 1/35 M24

So, yeah. I need to get some of those out of the way first. :rolleyes:

Carl

 

 

 

And you are still married...

That's just crazy.

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...