The Great LSM Twins Group Build ends July 3, 2024 ×

Barker's Camel B6313 - 1:32 scale

Hi all,

The model I'm currently working on is the Sopwith F1 ‘Camel’, Serial No.B6313 (later modified version), as flown by Major William G Barker, CO of No.139 Squadron, RAF, based at Villaverla, Italy during August 1918.

So far the cockpit, engine and propeller are done.

Mike

pit1done.jpgpit2done.jpgpit3done.jpgpit4done.jpgpit5done.jpgpit6done.jpgpit7done.jpgpit8done.jpgpit9done.jpgpropdone.jpgpropdone2.jpg

• Like 9

Hi Phil,

It's the WNW F1 Camel (Clerget engined).

I have the ships Camel as well - the two are pretty much the same, although the cabane struts on the F1 are part of the cockpit side frames, whereas on the ships Camel, they need to be cut off as the struts are part of the fuselage halves.  Also a single Vickers gun as it has the wing mounted Lewis gun.

Mike

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Hi all,
I've moved on a bit and now have the fuselage closed up, primed and pre-shaded ready for the 'Aviattic' linen effect decals.
I've also got the two figures primed ready for painting - mechanic from Copper State Models, pilot from 'Blackdog Models',

Mike

preshade.jpg

basefigures.jpg

• Like 3

• 1 month later...

Hi all,
It's been a few weeks since I posted for this build - been on vacation.
Anyway the two figures are completed now - Barker himself and his mechanic (who will be working on the engine cowl).
I'm currently cutting and applying the 'Aviattic' linen effect decals to the models (light PC12 and CDL) - a time consuming job as they are not cookie cut, so accurate paper templates need to be cut first then used to trace the outline onto the decals sheet.

Mike

barker.jpg

mech.jpg

• Like 5