The Great LSM Twins Group Build ends July 3, 2024 ×

Fundraiser to help Paul Fisher

seiran01

The point here is to help Paul in these dark hours, NOT to settle your personal differences with Kevin or LSP.

Kevin Futter happened to be the first to settle that foundation to help Paul. You can send money to Paul Fisher via that foundation or else create your own.

Some guys really need to grow up.

cheers,

Quang AKA hoisin (got stuck with the stupid nickname when I first signed up some years ago)

• Like 7

36 minutes ago, hoisin said:

The point here is to help Paul in these dark hours, NOT to settle your personal differences with Kevin or LSP.

Kevin Futter happened to be the first to settle that foundation to help Paul. You can send money to Paul Fisher via that foundation or else create your own.

cheers,

Quang AKA hoisin (got stuck with the stupid nickname when I first signed up some years ago)

Agreed. Paul is a nice guy and deserves help form friends, whichever way this is organised, in times where he is facing tremendous difficulties for the immediate future.

This said, and this is meant only as a friendly piece of advice, for your first post, you could have dispensed with the judgemental comment on "growing up", which did not bring anything to the value of your post ;)

And, btw, welcome here !

Hubert

• Like 4

5 hours ago, hoisin said:

cheers,

I live just up the freeway, and my city was also affected by another mega fire the Carr fire in July. I literally know dozens who lost homes in both fires, and some who are living in shelters with nothing but the clothes on their backs right now. Is it alright with you if we help them too?

• Like 3

Guys, this topic is about Paul. Can we stick with that ? There is so much drama going on in the world right now, why to bring it here ? LSP community was always very helpful in times of need and Quang has a major point. 

BTW Welcome aboard buddy !

• Like 4

• Administrators

I got to know Paul though our mutual deep love and fascination for the CF-100 intercepto.  Paul has been a great supporter to this hobby, and for me personally,  just a guy who I could call up and spend literally hours upon hours on the phone with and never talk about the same thing twice.  Not quite a friend in the true sense of the word, but a whole lot more than a casual acquaintance as well. And we both have a serious deep love and fascination with the CF-100. 

However one chooses to donate, I'm sure that they will be eternally grateful.   But please don't forget that there are thousands of other families in and around Paradise as well as through other areas in California who literally lost everything.  As of this morning, 41 of those families in Paradise alone have actually lost loved ones to the flames. The scope of the human tragedy here is immense, y'all.  This is a National Tragedy. California's been hit hard. All summer. Please bear that in mind. 

Whether it's through the LSP site or another way, just remember these folks. There was absolutely NO warning whatsoever that the fire was coming, and those who got out escaped with little more than their lives and the clothes they had on.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Jennings said:

Seriously?  You need to grow the hell up.  Utterly uncalled for.  This kind of crap is why I left this group the first time.

Wanting to help others and I need to grow the hell up? Go crawl back under your rock Jennings. I'll be down there in a few days helping people sift through what remains of their lives, you?

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Jennings said:

Seriously?  You need to grow the hell up.  Utterly uncalled for.  This kind of crap is why I left this group the first time.

Dude, it's not this Site. It's you.

A thread about helping people in need, has turned into one-upmanship and personal attacks. What is it that makes you so angry about helping others?

Paul has plenty of help coming his way. Some others still have nothing, and don't know if Family members are dead or alive. 

And this is your response?

• Like 3

• Members

Guys, this is one thread that won't be turned into a pissing match.  Many thousands of people have been affected by the fires.  If you choose to donate to Paul directly or donate to the Red Cross, etc. you'll be doing a good deed either way.  If things go any further South on this one I'll lock it down.  Tread carefully.

• Like 7

Thanks Mike, good call.... Cathy and I are watching the latest right now, HUGE flare ups, and many more threats....... the air drops are magnificent to say the least......now lets focus on the real issue, and that's the folks who are on the front line, civilians, fire fighters, law enforcement................ every one down there needs a break...... the losses are staggering.......

• Like 6

• Administrators

Yes. Those on the front line are fighting the good fight.  When the winds get up, the bombers can’t fly and lack of air support makes it doubly worse.

Nerves are pretty thin here y’all. I know a few here who came within a block or two of losing it all earlier this year.  It’s tough. A couple years ago, I almost burned down my neighborhood by using a plasma cutter outside and starting a grass fire in my backyard. We hadn’t had rain in a month and it was scary how fast the grass caught.  If you’re a believer, y’all pray for reach. If you’re not, well, then do what you do. Send cool vibes or whatever. I’m just glad they’re safe. And we gotta refrain from feeding the strays. 

• Like 1

Ah Goodness ME.... please no more inter squabbles or who started the fund etc.

Whatever happened in the past is gone and donate if you want or need to but personal feelings needs to be out way to one side.. this is about helping people in need .. so what LSP member started the GoFund ..I am sure Mr Paul Fisher and his wife Susy will be happy to know that WE ALL care despite our modeling differences... let go of your Egos and donate.

If you want to donate to an Official Fund for ALL CALIFORNIANS then do THAT... THERE are too many things going in the World that are sad, bad and plain evil but WE ARE HELPFUL HAPPY  GOOD PEOPLE and SO that's why WE need to just let things be and Donate.

PEACE MY LOVELY FRIENDS.:wub:

So:

Already over $20,000 has been raised and Paul sends this message (shucks I am NOT ON Facebook but this is reproduced from the thread).

, we've managed to reach $15,000 in donations in around 2 days of fundraising! The level of generosity shown by Paul's fans, friends, followers, and the general scale modelling community has been absolutely astounding, and Paul is incredibly grateful. For those who don't follow Paul on Facebook, here is his message:

"Hello to all our friends and family around the world, Susy and I cannot thank you enough for the incredible generosity you have shown us in out time of need, we are humbled and elevated all at the same time....Can't say yet what comes next, but now that we are safe in Colorado and online again I will try to post regularly.As far as we can tell at this point both our home and the workshop were destroyed by the fire, more info as I get it, but it will be awhile before that Firefly comes out!We love you all, and again, thank you with every wag of our collective tails for all you have done to help!!!!"

Please continue to share the campaign link to anyone you think might be able to help. And a sincere thanks to everyone who has been able to donate so far. You guys rock!
  • Like 3

• Administrators
39 minutes ago, MARU 5137 said:

Ah Goodness ME.... please no more inter squabbles or who started the fund etc.

No squabbles here. I donated myself.

The only turd in the pile was an LSP member who I've now cast adrift.

Peace ✌️ 

• Like 6