The Great LSM Twins Group Build ends July 3, 2024 ×

Kitty Hawk F-5F done.

Ivan is endless source of information related to soviet jets, US jets and armour....oh needless to say he knows thing or two about forced induction as well. :)

But most of all, he is willing to selflessly share his knowledge .  Thank You Sir !

before I forget: He is good in blending too :thumbsup2:

• Like 4

• Administrators
3 hours ago, Martinnfb said:

Ivan is endless source of information related to soviet jets, US jets and armour....oh needless to say he knows thing or two about forced induction as well. :)

But most of all, he is willing to selflessly share his knowledge .  Thank You Sir !

before I forget: He is good in blending too :thumbsup2:

As are you Sir. :)

• Like 4

Kitty Hawk F-5F cockpit arrangement:

Z4As5DY.jpg

PwgKnu7.jpg

Typical cockpit arrangement of RWR equipped F-5F a/c (not included/no aftermarket):

CHLrq0u.jpg

(red outline = rearranged instruments)

Except for the pedestal, sorta representative of pre-2008 ex-Swiss AF USN/USMC F-5F.

For comparison, Swiss AF F-5F instrument panel layout:

x43HmEI.jpg

XNIoSjg.jpg

• Like 3

• Administrators

Well, my grandmother always told me,

“If you can’t dazzle them with brilliance, baffle them with bullschitt”.

So based upon those words I live by, and that this is a quick build with no sea level change for the cockpit floor and no deepening of the seat bottoms, I shall endeavor to place an official looking dark grey box on the glareshield, and maybe increase its importance astomomically by running two or three leads from it.

The rest of the panel? Oh well. 

• Like 4

Maybe Eduard will come to the rescue releasing another PE set, but this time with the RWR specific layout.  The current F-5E interior sets have the early panel layout.

Shallow cockpit tubs. Well...um...personally speaking, I wouldn't rate them a deal breaker. Individual acceptance levels may (and will) differ, though.

@Ernie: Does the F-5F boxing include both radome types or is it sharknose only?

• Like 3

KH marking options:

QWfZj39.jpg

The real things:

USN F-5F (post-2008 GPS upgrade):

Ze00Mvy.jpg

RSAF F-5T:

DdosSta.jpg

Note: extensively modified cockpit arrangement (HOTAS/MFDs) - not included, no aftermarket in sight.

RSkt2AB.jpg

IRIAF F-5F:

XCNWjjV.jpg

Note: Martin Baker IRQ7A bang seats - not included, AMS Resin has one in the pipeline.

6lUPpHe.jpg

RTAF F-5F:

QVuSyV7.jpg

ROKAF KF-5F:

FVwZzKC.jpg

Note: Martin Baker Mk16T bang seats - not included, no aftermarket in sight.

4zH7p38.jpg

TUDM F-5F:

u3FsieD.jpg

ROCAF F-5F (AIDC-built):

zDvgCuE.jpg

RSAF F-5T:

PrjamXg.jpg

Note: extensively modified cockpit arrangement (HOTAS/MFDs) - not included, no aftermarket in sight.

RSkt2AB.jpg

SWISS AF F-5F:

r0dSaTJ.jpg

ROCAF F-5F (AIDC-built):

6YSP0Ze.jpg

ROCAF F-5F (AIDC-built):

S5twNzc.jpg

USMC F-5F (post-2008 GPS upgrade):

Ne6ymIT.jpg

• Like 5

• Administrators

Some cool, cool stuff there, eh.  Thanks Ivan. I honestly appreciate that, Comrade.  If there was an emoji for a fist people power salute, I'd use it.  Twice.  Maybe thrice.

Between you and Martin my super secret Ex Soviet Spy friend, you seem to have found all the pictures of all the aircraft of all time.  Martin even found very unflattering pictures of me while I was semi inebriated.....   

• Like 4

19 minutes ago, Clunkmeister said:

Some cool, cool stuff there, eh.  Thanks Ivan. I honestly appreciate that, Comrade.  If there was an emoji for a fist people power salute, I'd use it.  Twice.  Maybe thrice.

Between you and Martin my super secret Ex Soviet Spy friend, you seem to have found all the pictures of all the aircraft of all time.  Martin even found very unflattering pictures of me while I was semi inebriated.....   

Needles to say, that I am still recovering, optometrist visit-next week :)

• Like 3

• Administrators

Hey guys, I think I have some great news to report. 

I looked at the reviews of the single seater, and one of the goods they found was that the right  side console was backwards, necessitating a quick razor saw job. It looks like Kitty Hawk has fixed that little oversight :)

Maybe the resident F-5-o-holics could verify?

Here’s the front and rear offices. Rear first  

C01D8C77-D4B2-4FDC-B61A-DB020C32F7C4.jpeg

D811FECC-7B98-4C46-92FC-CEB71E2CB81E.jpeg

• Like 2

• Administrators

This is just a quick dry assembly of the he forward fuselage, and so far I’ve found absolutely nothing untoward. 

Just remember tvat KittyKawk’s method of molding does leave some edges with a bit of flash. The ever present ejection towers need to be nipped off and I’ve seen evidence of flow marks, but so far no sink areas.   Just inspect for, and deal with sink spots if you find them. They’re a pain, but they happen. 

7F6FBF59-CAAB-4F01-A607-7FCD2E53CD1D.jpeg

85BDC32B-0628-4E22-A0D6-A51C9D9F8AC5.jpeg

• Like 6