The Great LSM Twins Group Build ends July 3, 2024 ×

Kitty Hawk F-5F done.

• Administrators

So, main gear’s on, drop tank’s being seam filled, arrestor hook’s ready, as are the gear doors. So tomorrow, give her a light wash, mount the doors, antennas, and probes, flat coat, canopy, and call her done. Unsure on the crew yet, but I’ll verify with Glen.

Then.....  Lanc time.

8764A963-BDBE-4C92-B472-26F8C245CE6B.jpeg

D2FD525A-E629-4B47-B5FE-F808D82EA4AC.jpeg

• Like 10

• Administrators

Well, just snowing where I am today. She’s finally on her legs.Nose and main gear doors tomorrow. Then probes and various antennae, plus nozzles.

Followed by a nice easy wash and then the canopies to the finish.

This kit has been a pleasure to build. Undoubtably, there are several details that F-5 gurus will see and change on their builds, but all in all it’s been a straightforward, decently easy enough build. Beware of the dyslexic instructions at times, with part numbers reversed L to R in places, and watch for misaligned locates pins, but all in all, as long as you test fit first, it’s a simple build that almost clicks together.

No noseweight is needed. Don’t install any.

22FA4C67-FD80-4112-84DD-EBC015A0772D.jpeg

2A3B5635-0C54-4EF7-BBE6-527BDEF6E456.jpeg

• Like 8

• Administrators
2 hours ago, Martinnfb said:

I really like it Ernie, I don't have much experience with KH models , but this is quite an eye opener. We shall see how my little Yuck-130's gonna look like once I am done with it.

Great show !

M.

That little Yuck should go together nicely. KH kits are decent, but have their little foibles. At times, the guy writing the instructions gets dyslexia and reverses part numbers on handed parts. But it’s usually easily caught. 

I love challenging kits, and this kit is far from challenging. It’s just a nice, easy build. The challenging part is the research, because it almost seems like no two Nations F-5s were optioned the same.

• Like 2