The Great LSM Twins Group Build ends July 3, 2024 ×

Kitty Hawk F-5F done.

• Administrators

Uh oh. Malfunction at the junction. Decal fubar for the USMC version.

Here’s both sides of the original decal sheet. They gave you two of the same side  And both have the lettering backwards in the Red Star. Oooops!

AB519855-4BD6-4D24-B37B-3F503ED8BD81.jpeg

5783B19A-AC47-4C33-ACA3-0520670D290E.jpeg

And here’s the one corrected side given, with the corrected lettering. So you’ll need to fix the lettering and Red Star.

So typical Marines! First into battle, all gung ho ready to fight like maniacs, and missing half their kit....

:rofl:

AEB77F30-28FF-4240-8857-BD463CC084C2.jpeg

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Phantom said:

A small point regarding aftermarket for the cockpit - can you not create what is required from Airscale stuff?

In principle, some of the scale and parts could be used to replicate the missing and rearranged bits and pieces. I wasn't  aware of Peter's set, so thanks for the heads-up! Good news.

Available here:  Airscale 1:32 Jet Cockpit Details

oNwSssm.jpg

• Like 3

Sorry to hear about the knee Ernie. Hopefully your wife doesn't threaten to trade you in for a newer model like mine does every time I injure/sprain something.

As for the decal issue, maybe see if someone here isn't using that option and get their copy of the correct one. Then just cut out the star and place over top?

Carl

• Like 3

There's a real rub in it...

It will take me another hour to draw up the rear IP plus 60-90 minutes to layout the lithos, but I haven't got the time to have them etched at my favourite PE shop. Let alone packaging and shipping the frets to fellow modellers. Not before Q1/Q2 2019.  :(

• Like 3

• Administrators
3 hours ago, BlrwestSiR said:

Sorry to hear about the knee Ernie. Hopefully your wife doesn't threaten to trade you in for a newer model like mine does every time I injure/sprain something.

As for the decal issue, maybe see if someone here isn't using that option and get their copy of the correct one. Then just cut out the star and place over top?

Carl

That was my plan. If I build another I’ll have the left over decal.

And so far, it’s building up very, very nicely

• Like 2