The Great LSM Twins Group Build ends July 3, 2024 ×

Ju 88 fever, I think it's goin' around...

Mikester

• 3 weeks later...
On 11/22/2018 at 7:48 PM, Mikester said:

The struggle is real, Martin!  Just think if HKM does the Ju 52 and at some point you know someone will do a He 177.

Are you aware that HpH announced that they are working on the He177? It will take a few years ofcourse, but that one is definiteky going on my shortlist.

• Like 1

On 11/22/2018 at 5:56 PM, DarthLarson said:

Here's what I have for 1/32 stuff in the stash:

14 kits of the Ju 88A-4

15 kits of the Ju 88A-1

1 Ju 88A-0 conversion

2x Ju 388L conversions

2x Ju 188E/F conversions

3x Ju 188A/D conversions

1 Ju 88D-2 conversion

1 Ju 88G-10 conversion

2 Ju 88H-1 conversion

5x CMK C-2 conversions

4x Ju 88G-6 conversions

Ju 88A-5 conversion

2x Ju 88P-1 conversions

1x Ju 88R-1 conversion

1x Ju 88T-3 conversion

1x Ju 88S-1 conversion

2x Ju 88A-6 Balloon cutter conversion

Mostly from AIMS, some CMK as noted, L’Arsenal D conversion and just about everything ProfiModeller has put out.  All I need is their bomb bay kit as I have plans for it with an opened up Ju 88A-1.  Plus I’m working on a DuKa 88 conversion for the Ju 88 as well and not sure when I’ll have that ready.  Will I ever get around to building these?  Hahahahaha…..Nope.

You do realize there are other models besides the Ju 88? Right? :stirthepot::)

• Like 4

• Members
17 hours ago, Wouter said:

Are you aware that HpH announced that they are working on the He177? It will take a few years of course, but that one is definitely going on my shortlist.

I was not aware of that, very cool!  If I start saving now maybe I can afford it when it's released! :D

• Like 2

On 12/31/2018 at 7:46 AM, Wouter said:

Are you aware that HpH announced that they are working on the He177? It will take a few years ofcourse, but that one is definiteky going on my shortlist.

Holy smokes!  That's one big bird I just might make an exception for.  I don't know what I'd do with it once finished...  But learning all the detail of the beast would be great fun.

God help me if anyone ever releases a large scale Bear Bomber:

F-14_with_Bear.jpg

Gaz

BTW...  I love Ju-88s in all of their versions...   But if I built them all in large scale, they'd all end up dust-covered, or in the bin.

GAz

• Like 2

On 12/30/2018 at 9:46 PM, Wouter said:

Really?

wow!

the He177 is one of the few planes I would consider stumping up the massive cash for an HpH kit.

7 minutes ago, nmayhew said:

Really?

wow!

the He177 is one of the few planes I would consider stumping up the massive cash for an HpH kit.

I guess it will be in the €700,- range judging by there C47/DC3 pricing. I seriously hope HKM would consider making one in IM but if not i will also put money aside fro this kit.

The original message was from Vulcan32 on LSP. He is a friend of Mirek (owner of Hph0 and a reliable source. Direct quote: "And now the really good news: HPH will do my all time favourite, the Heinkel He-177 Greif. This will take some years, because there are some other planes before ( A-20, O/400, SR-71, SM-79 and 1/48 B-52), but it will happen."

Link to thread: Second last message on the bottom of page 113

• Like 1

22 hours ago, nmayhew said:

Really?

wow!

Stumping up the large cash injection is one thing ... enduring the frustration of the build will be something else - given most build threads I've looked at.

The profanity index is likely to flare up quite considerably ... on the plus side, the contributions to the swear jar might just fund your next big project!

Certainly I've put off any attempt at the HpH kits in my stash until my skill set is MUCH more improved.

Rog :)