The Great LSM Twins Group Build ends July 3, 2024 ×

HO 229 Mysytery Ship build

Guest DannyVM
On 11/27/2018 at 9:32 PM, harv said:

I'm finding that ZM has very fine and delicate parts. So, this seems to help. Carl knows what I'm talking about !..... harv

20181117_193334.jpg

:omg:............Harv is lost..............:wtf:

Well, not good. Tore out the top flooring and its wet by where the sink is. Plus, we may have to go into the dining room.  He will be back Monday and if it still isn't dried out, he may have to go into the wall to find where the moisture is coming from. Don't even have my bench now so no building for another week

• Like 2

Snap.  I was dealing with mold and moisture throughout my career in construction industry number of times. It's a can of worms, especially in humid coastal areas. Good luck Harvey, hopefully you don't have to rip another floor. Fingers crossed.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Martinnfb said:

wait a minute, are we counting days? :) I was under impression that Harvey's builds are measured by terrestrial planetary development stages 

Well if he plans on entering this one in the contest in Chattanooga we are, but yes this is a new development. Kitchen smitchen...there is always Taco Bell.

• Like 5

2 hours ago, smitty44 said:

Well if he plans on entering this one in the contest in Chattanooga we are, but yes this is a new development. Kitchen smitchen...there is always Taco Bell.

You got to remember Harvey's from California he knows what real tacos are like!!!!  

Harvey how is the Mexican food there?

When it comes to the whiskey I thought you would have a still in the garage

• Like 3

23 hours ago, GazzaS said:

According to my missus, my Sean Connery imitation is just awful.

I wouldn't worry...

He can't do accents either. Whether it's the English King Arthur, a Russian Sub Captain or an Irish Cop after Al Capone, it all shhounds the shhame!

• Like 4

• 2 months later...

I'm back. And a problem. My 2 seat conversion is kinda messed up. The right side is pinched pretty bad. In fact, I can't even slide the engine in it. With the help of Dsnny, I contacted Volks USA. Talked to Josh. He even remembered me from Phoenix.  Anyway, sent pics. If they dream it bad you will have to mail it back and wait for replacement. I did send these pics. We will see what happens.........harv

20190220_123935.jpg

20190220_123925.jpg

20190220_123900.jpg

• Like 2

• Administrators
19 minutes ago, harv said:

I'm back. And a problem. My 2 seat conversion is kinda messed up. The right side is pinched pretty bad. In fact, I can't even slide the engine in it. With the help of Dsnny, I contacted Volks USA. Talked to Josh. He even remembered me from Phoenix.  Anyway, sent pics. If they dream it bad you will have to mail it back and wait for replacement. I did send these pics. We will see what happens.........harv

20190220_123935.jpg

20190220_123925.jpg

20190220_123900.jpg

I believe all these sets have the same flaws. I’ve eyeballed two different sets. Both were warped...

• Like 3