HO 229 Mysytery Ship build

• Replies 311
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

One down....harv  

Your probably better off. I have been fighting the pit from day one. I think I got the footrests done......harv  

Done for the night. My eyes hurt ! This is step 3 out of 17 for framework. Man, lots of real fiddly parts.....harv  

Posted Images

32 minutes ago, harv said:

Wish me luck....harv

Tons of, Harv, after building their TA-152, I'm still in a mild trauma state and not brave enough to even start the single seater :D.

Cheers Rob

• Like 3

The conversion comes with 2 vac canopies. Plain, no detail. I don't like them. But, I have a cunning plan to use the 2 pieces that come in the kit. I think I will do them so they open to the side like a 109. Wish me luck.....harv 

• Like 5

Yes Carl, they will be open. I really think this will work. Two cuts, one about a quarter inch from the front of back piece and one where the "frosted" part starts.....harv

• Like 3

I don't like to be overly negative, yet I have to say that , the more I see, the more I am questioning ZM approach on this conversion. It feels like old Matchbox  . Too much effort and profanities will be invested that's for sure. Keep it up Harvey, the canopy idea is smart way of  problem-solving . 

M.

• Like 2

I agree Martin. Its a good kit, but the conversion could of been better in my opinion. Especially the canopies. Thanks for supporting me buddy.....harv

• Like 1
10 hours ago, harv said:

The pit side pieces will need some TLC with some hot water or hair dryer.  They both have a twist to them. Wish me luck....harv

20190331_093014.jpg

Harv 

Have you thought of boxing in the cockpit?  It would add strength and sound proofing from the engines!!!

On the conversion note. I wish ZM would of done it in a injection molding Two seat boxing like DML / Dragon did.   

• Like 2