The Great LSP Twins Group Build Starts Jan 24, 2024 - End July 3, 2024 ×

T minus six days...

Ivan Ivanovich

Last I had heard, many ppl in Christchurch were still living in houses that had been made and declared unlivable since the big quake a few years ago.   Supposedly property values in the area have plummeted.  I don't know whether they've bounced back since, or not.

Before the quake I had this joke about a fictitious quake in NZ...  but due to the deaths in the Christchurch quake, I've been remiss to tell it anymore.

Gaz

• Like 3

On 12/31/2018 at 5:02 PM, Martinnfb said:

Modified Avatar tells me that Ivan landed without any major drama . (...)

No drama whatsoever. So far, the "Axis 2.0" has been working like a clockwork and we're enjoyably exhausted and happy.
We even lost weight over the Xmas holidays - an absolute first! "Eustress" at its best. LOL

• Like 6

Hy Iwan, you can't have everything :D

For sentimental reasons I will show you that one, found close to my old hood in Berlin. Having no Mig's at all on my tiny island in fact there are only ATR-72 island hopper and a helicopter for those who don't respect the strength of the ocean.

Cheers Rob

P1080714.thumb.JPG.db81cdec83c22ee329f77e1879b272df.JPG

• Like 3

Mmmmmh... Warm, buttered whole wheat toast with Vegemite and a poached egg on top with a splash of MAGGI seasoning sauce. I love it!

MAGGI seasoning is extremely popular among (native) Saarlanders, by the way. We put it on almost everything. Be it dead or alive.

saarland.jpg 519SG720RTL._SY445_.jpg

• Like 2

51 minutes ago, Ivan Ivanovich said:

Mmmmmh... Warm, buttered whole wheat toast with Vegemite and a poached egg on top with a splash of MAGGI seasoning sauce. I love it!

MAGGI seasoning is extremely popular among (native) Saarlanders, by the way. We put it on almost everything. Be it dead or alive.

saarland.jpg 519SG720RTL._SY445_.jpg

You sure we're not cousins?  My mother grew up in Saarbrucken, I was born in Landstuhl, and I have relatives that live in the middle of Spiesen-Elversburg.  Family name Schumann.

Gaz

• Like 2

53 minutes ago, HubertB said:

I had never realised that liking Vegemite was a condition to settle down under :o

Hubert

I hate the stuff, yet ate a half sandwich of it at my citizenship ceremony.  While I was on the point of hurling up my innards, my Australian family was enjoying the show.

But I didn't have to eat it.

Gaz

• Like 3