The Great LSM Twins Group Build ends July 3, 2024 ×

HK Models 1:32 Lancaster accesories

yknu

Hi 

just got the HK Models beautiful Lanc. Interested to know, what is the status of the accessories for this like fabric seat belts, dash boards, Instrument panels, barrels, wheels, Bomb sight, H2S radar etc..?

HK Lanc yknu.jpg

• Like 3

• Administrators

Compared to HK’s previous releases, the Lanc is simply stunning. I always use fabric seatbelts, brass gun barrels so it’s expected and I’m not in the least bit concerned.

Now, the Airscale panel is simply a gorgeous upgrade over any OOB kit offering I’ve ever seen and Eduard PE is a simple personal choice on how far your AMS has progressed. How much work and pain do you want to deal with for a very minor gain in detail?

I never open up my models, so engines and such are never a concern to me. I’m extremely happy with my kit. 

Well Done, HK!

• Like 3

1 hour ago, FME erk said:

One would have hoped that with the price of the kit there would have been no need for  'after-market' but I will welcome some of the stuff such as the brass gun barrels

The kit is as complete as it gets with photo etch safetybelts. Then again the modeller is always free to upgrade as he/she pleases. The aftermarket will always oblige.

We never had it so good.

Cees

• Like 5

22 minutes ago, BlrwestSiR said:

You can get Airscale directly from their website or some online retailers such as Hannants and Sprue Brothers carry them as well.

Carl

Many thanks for that Carl.

I shall grab the set after Xmas.

• Like 3

47 minutes ago, Drifter said:

This will go on my "must have" list, along with the B-24 and the HKM B-25. Luckily we are past the age of wanting to make babies, because my wife will most certainly take a knife to some sensitive areas. :D

:blink:

Same here, I just worked out a deal to buy a B-24 to pick up tomorrow. 

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, Clunkmeister said:

Had a Convair van once. What a galloping piece of s**t that thing was

I don't know if I can say I've ever seen one of those in real life.

Good thing about VWs -- like model kits, there is a huge aftermarket and I wasted no time getting an improved sway bar for the front end.

• Like 3

• Administrators
On 12/18/2018 at 9:02 PM, [CAT]CplSlade said:

I don't know if I can say I've ever seen one of those in real life.

Good thing about VWs -- like model kits, there is a huge aftermarket and I wasted no time getting an improved sway bar for the front end.

They were popular, but rusted on the showroom floor. They even made a rampside pickup. Goofiness abounded.

• Like 1