The Great LSM Twins Group Build ends July 3, 2024 ×

Trumpeter P-40F

JohnB

21 minutes ago, Martinnfb said:

John is the man who gets things happened, he doesn't whine about how difficult and deep are the shortcomings of the kit, he simply fixes them as they rise. Great problem solving John.

Thanks Martin but I feel like I do my share of griping! LOL :D

• Like 5

I think the exhaust cutout and quarter window problems can be corrected if you have the right left over Hasegawa parts. I'm hoping someone will step up and make some resin parts for this although he will have to be able to make clear parts. I plan to start on my kit as soon as I finish the Hellcat.

12-24 001.jpg

12-24-18 002.jpg

12-28 001.jpg

12-28 2 001.jpg

12-28 3 001.jpg

12-28 3 002.jpg

• Like 4

Some surgery and test fitting. The Hasegawa exhaust cutouts and the quarter panels will fit but require a fair amount of trimming, etc. Not a BIG problem but we shouldn't have to resort to that type of thing to get a more accurate model. If any of you decide to give this a try be advised it WILL involve some cussing.....LOL. And you will need the Hasegawa parts as left-overs from a "N" build. I wouldn't advise robbing them from a complete kit. :)

I'm posting this for your info. I'm not going to start this build at this time. Later on.

1-2-19 001.jpg

• Like 4

Hi All

John,

and what about he GM/ Derek plug directly to the Trumpy fuselage?

complete or only the upper cowl part, what do you think about?

Any test done ? (or any measurment if you still have the parts)

Thank you

Raph

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, rafju said:

Hi All

John,

and what about he GM/ Derek plug directly to the Trumpy fuselage?

complete or only the upper cowl part, what do you think about?

Any test done ? (if you still have the parts)

Thank you

Raph

I no longer have the parts. It might work out but it would be a waste due to the fact that the quarter windows are all wrong. You would still have to remedy that so I'd just recommend using the Hasegawa E or M for a F conversion. :)

• Like 3

Thanks John! Looks to be a good effort on Trumpeters part... Maybe not the A-Teams efforts, but I think I will pick one up. I just checked my Hasegawa P-40s and I have the exhaust insert too. I was chatting to Mike Swinburne (Seiran01) about CAD'ing up the insert

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, Dave J said:

Thanks John! Looks to be a good effort on Trumpeters part... Maybe not the A-Teams efforts, but I think I will pick one up. I just checked my Hasegawa P-40s and I have the exhaust insert too. I was chatting to Mike Swinburne (Seiran01) about CAD'ing up the insert

Don't forget about the quarter windows. They are okay for a B/C but not for a F. :)

• Like 3

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...