The Great LSM Twins Group Build ends July 3, 2024 ×

If you haven’t yet, then BUY THIS TOOL!

Clunkmeister

• Administrators

Run, don’t walk, to your computer and buy this. Right now.    I’ve had riveters and have always been disappointed with the results.   Radu gave me this at the Nats last year and just said “Try It”.  

Tonight, I tried it.

Goodnight Irene! This thing, on the very first attempt, gave me perfect rivet divots. Not square holes, but nice rivets that match the kit pattern.  It saved me days of tedious punching one at a time and it looks perfect. 

Radu, I’m sorry I took so long. I was incredibly sceptical, but you’ve just made a believer out of me  This is one simple, yet effective tool. It fits on your trust Xacto handle so it feels comfortable from the very first. 

1FB27CB3-8AC7-435C-8A35-0ADD98D313DD.jpeg

• Like 7

I've got two of the larger ones and one of the smaller ones as well. He even makes one for getting into corners that's partly squared off. 

If you haven't yet, pick up the extra wheels which have different spacing for the rivets. That's why I've got the two holders so I don't have to take them apart to switch them all the time. 

Carl

• Like 5

• Administrators

Yup, this one came with four wheels with four different spacing.  

I think there’s two things I love.

1. No square holes

2. Because you’re using your own blade handle, it already feels normal when you use it. That Trumpeter handle is just plain silly.

• Like 4

6 hours ago, DocRob said:

Nice Ernie, but it would be good to show some of the results. I'd like to compare them to my cheap Trumpy riveter. Maybe you make me a believer too and it's the beginning of a new cult :D.

Cheers Rob

Not sure how well it'll show up in the pic, bit here's the wing on my PCM XIX kit after using the Rivet-R on it.

IMG_20181223_105525-XL.jpg

• Like 3

1 hour ago, BlrwestSiR said:

Not sure how well it'll show up in the pic, bit here's the wing on my PCM XIX kit after using the Rivet-R on it.

Thanks, looks good to my eye, I gonna place an order and be a member of the RBiveters :rofl:.

Cheers Rob

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Martinnfb said:

That's nice. How stiff is the wheel, I mean is it hard to turn. I have been using Rose the riveter for a decade and it's getting kinda stiff.

It's adjustable so you can vary the tension. I have mine fairly loose so it spins freely.

• Like 1

One change I made is I swapped out the small flat head screwdriver that the Rivet-R comes with for a hex head cap screw. I find it easier to disassemble when needed compared to using a small flat head screwdriver. The stock one is the lower of the two.

IMG_20181223_140324-L.jpg

And here's the corner version for tight spots. 

IMG_20181223_141043-L.jpg

• Like 4

On 12/23/2018 at 7:07 PM, BlrwestSiR said:

And here's the corner version for tight spots. 

IMG_20181223_141043-L.jpg

We'll need that for the wing roots on the 32nd Lanc fuselage..

I've had an RB Riveter for years, but I'm scared to use it. I should practice some more because i want to rivet my HE-111 stalled build and also add rivets to my 1/32 B-24.

• Like 5

I have both the RB riveters and 6 of  Rosie the Riveters for single row,large scale.  I do tend to lean towards the Rosie Riveters as you have a huge choice of rivet head size, spacing and multiple rows. The wood handles feel right at home when holding them.

Just my two cents

Peter

• Like 1

• Members
39 minutes ago, Daywalker said:

Anyone have a good source for buying these in the USA?  I would love to try one but SB is out of stock.

Frank, I've ordered stuff directly from the RB website and never had any issues.

• Like 2

• Administrators
8 hours ago, NigelR32 said:

We'll need that for the wing roots on the 32nd Lanc fuselage..

I've had an RB Riveter for years, but I'm scared to use it. I should practice some more because i want to rivet my HE-111 stalled build and also add rivets to my 1/32 B-24.

Nige, I ended up reriveting most of the back end of my Kitty Hawk F-5F with a tool that Radu passed to me at the Nationals, then sat on my bench unopened for months until on a lark, I decided to try it. I practiced on some discarded T-28parts for maybe 5 minutes then hit the F-5 with it.  It works brilliantly.

The only thing I can offer is to try it first on the type of styrene you’ll be using it on.  Kitty Hawk styrene is very soft. HK styrene is extremely hard, almost brittle. Find some similar plastic and try it on that first to get your pressures right..

The fact that you’re using own handle makes all the difference in the world.

• Like 1