Welcome to Large Scale Modeller: The home of the large scale military model builder. 

DannyVM

Trumpy A-6A Intruder VA-196 ' Main battery' WIP

DANNY................ my eyes HURT............................... that IP is absolutely STUNNING. !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Holy cow man........I bet I spent 10 minutes looking at it...... the clear resin makes it POP !!!

• Like 3

Looks stunning Danny. The clear resin gives a great finish. Will look fabulous once the seats are in.

• Like 2

Stellar cockpit painting, mate!

• Like 1

Danny

OMG - incredible front office and IP. Blows my efforts right out of the water.

Keep 'em comin

Peter

On 1/6/2019 at 3:29 PM, DocRob said:

A clear ten on the wow-scale Danny. It's great to see good old handpainting on resin combined with decals and some fluids to enhance the glass appearance. The look is more realistic as with printed PE. Having done two PE-pits in a row, my next build has to be old school brush painted as well.

Cheers Rob  

To much honor Rob, but thank's mate for the nice comment, it's very appreciated.:thumbsup2: Indeed, you can call it old school hand painting, one of my favourite techniques, but all ready a little bit of rusted due to other use of newer techniques and colored PE in which i have also made good results. Still like you said, you can not achieve the depth with colored pe compared with the resin part's. It's a lot of work, but the results are nice, so why not give it a try mate.

WOW !!........harv:popcorn:

It's a short answer my friend, but it say's allot, thank's mate for your kind comment, much appreciated.:thumbsup2::thumbsup2::thumbsup2:

DANNY................ my eyes HURT............................... that IP is absolutely STUNNING. !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Holy cow man........I bet I spent 10 minutes looking at it...... the clear resin makes it POP !!!

Jeff, thank's mate, and to be honest, i was glad i finished the cockpit because of the tiny details that has to be painted. Some part's where done over and over again until i was happy with the result.

Lovely work I'm in absolute awe 

Thank's for the nice comment.:thumbsup2:

Looks stunning Danny. The clear resin gives a great finish. Will look fabulous once the seats are in.

Thank's mate, i hope the seat's will appear this week at my doorstep so i can finish the cockpit section.

Stellar cockpit painting, mate!

Thank's mate:thumbsup2: One thing to keep in mind when building a Intruder is that the cockpit have a striking appearance into the fuselage compared to other jet's.

Danny

OMG - incredible front office and IP. Blows my efforts right out of the water.

Keep 'em comin

Peter

Peter, my friend, nope that's not true, your efforts are of the same quality like mine, but in another form or color variation ( i don't know how to say it ).  I took your cockpit as reference also because of the fact that i didn't have good quality photo's of an A-6A cockpit dated to the Vietnam area, but when i saw your's i was stunned by the quality of your work that was put in this project.

Regards

Danny

• Like 5

Danny, you've just shown me once again that "new" isn't always best.  Printed PE is great, but nothing can replicate a good, old fashioned hand painted panel, especially when you have those screens to really make it all pop out. 

Unbelievable work.

• Like 4

17 hours ago, Clunkmeister said:

Danny, you've just shown me once again that "new" isn't always best.  Printed PE is great, but nothing can replicate a good, old fashioned hand painted panel, especially when you have those screens to really make it all pop out. 

Unbelievable work.

Thank's Ernie for the kind comment.:thumbsup2: Sometimes it's a wise thing to go back to the old school techniques, and in my opinion it's still very good to do so.:)

6 hours ago, Drifter said:

Where would one get clear resin to use like this?

I use this resin for year's, and it's still one the best i used. That said, i am sure there are other brands that are also very good to work with.

OjsivIIl.jpg

• Like 3

Front landing gear of the A-6A. This piece is like a kit of it's own. Here you see just the front landing gear oob, without the scratch wiring and tubing. Nice touch are the metal landing gear legs, a must for this heavy beast.

JWmrfa3l.jpg

xsOsseVl.jpg

yHnocOHl.jpg

PsYs4frl.jpg

ra0UiMcl.jpg

dCFynJul.jpg

LUC6zJFl.jpg

f8J6ZoCl.jpg

Regards

Danny

• Like 6

Thank's Mark.:thumbsup2: Wheelbay will stay like it is, due to not seeing much once this beast will stand solid on his feet. Still i need to do some detailing onto the LG leg.

• Like 2

Holy shit!  Nice work on those LG!

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, GazzaS said:

Holy shit!  Nice work on those LG!

Thank's mate, and it's just oob, nothing added yet.:)

• Like 1

Today, i took some time to glue some details onto the front LG leg. Prior to paint it tomorrow. I also tackled the AMS resin GRU-5 seat's. These two guy's didn't want to settle nice into the cockpit tub, so some tweaking was needed, prior to fit them. But everything went just fine, and they are also ready for painting.

KDOdCwWl.jpg

QL81jHAl.jpg

Oudj8zkl.jpg

AMS resin GRU-5 seat's. I needed to cut some details away from the sides prior to fit them into the cockpit tub. After that was done, i glued some details back in their place just a little higher so thing's where back to normal.

LrfMUPCl.jpg

To get a proper fit of the Bombardier/Navigator ejection seat it was needed to cut the launch rails away from the tub and replaced them with some Evergreen styrene sheet strips.

6tPVCPEl.jpg

6pMhRmNl.jpg

AZ1dOsUl.jpg

4iXleTJl.jpg

61v4gI4l.jpg

Last thing to do was glue the ejection seat headrest handles onto their place. For this i used two ejection rings from the Italeri F-104 seat's.

HSdT3xcl.jpg

Regards

Danny

• Like 5

Nice, love the detail work on the wheel struts.

Cheers Rob

• Like 3

Just finished the two GRU-5 ejection seat's. For now, the decals are drying, so tomorrow i will gave them a nice wash. Also the front wheel bay and the LG leg is painted in the proper color.

First the primer coat. Like always i used the excellent Alclad II black primer.

DUPqvz8l.jpg

Front landing gear bay and the LG leg are painted in white.

6MjYp6tl.jpg

And the two ejection seat's.

bnB3Qm5l.jpg

mMGUIsBl.jpg

EoeB5MSl.jpg

Ta9dPQyl.jpg

meZYO2Ll.jpg

• Like 7

I just made an test fit of the A-6A cockpit into the fuselage. Cockpit and frontal wheelbay and LG leg is completely finished. Stil i need to do some little detailing to the wheelbay and LG leg after i noticed some thing's i forget to do, photo's will follow. For now, here's the entire cockpit section dry-fitted into the fuselage.

Wjo9BYMl.jpg

m20Smyil.jpg

8MZZgQ7l.jpg

xzqcV0Bl.jpg

VO7y5Cbl.jpg

2KRNtgFl.jpg

84EMuEtl.jpg

ZUfQw0wl.jpg

6dLsZoPl.jpg

4GNNLGcl.jpg

Regards

Danny

• Like 6

20 minutes ago, Bomber_County said:

Simply stunning Danny, ............how come your workspace always looks immaculate??.?

To be honest Phil, not always mate. Sometimes it look's that there's a bomb exploded. Simply said, when i take photo's, i always take care of thing's so the main focus stays to the model instead of the junk that's laying around.:hsmack:

• Like 2

Tres cool Danny, looking great.

55 minutes ago, DannyVM said:

Sometimes it look's that there's a bomb exploded

Exactly for that reason I have a photo booth :rofl:. No need for cleaning up my regular and beloved mess on my workbench too often.

Cheers Rob

• Like 4

1 hour ago, DocRob said:

Exactly for that reason I have a photo booth :rofl:. No need for cleaning up my regular and beloved mess on my workbench too often.

Cheers Rob

Sadly, i don't have space for a photo boot. Would like to have one, but at the moment i have to be happy with my own little workspace.

• Like 2

That cockpit is superb Danny, very busy, don't know where to look first, but wherever I do look there is something interesting. The attention to the smallest detail is amazing, well-done sir!

• Like 2