The Great LSM Twins Group Build ends July 3, 2024 ×

Royal Mail D-Day flop!

MARU 5137

Unfortunately, although with Google, etc you'd think it would be easier to get things right, it seems to be the opposite!

Some of it almost seems to be wilful, ie the whole Battlefield V fiasco, I've had some interesting chats with my son about the flaws in that one.

• Like 2

This perfectly represents the world wide phenomenon of decreasing demands in educational system that creates self-proclaim experts. It's almost like the school system nowadays was trying to decrease achievement gap by lovering the demands. It is OK to fail as long as you "do your best" even if your best was equal to nothing. 

Damn, it's too early, i am going to gym.

• Like 3

Unfortunately there is no attention to detail. Working in architecture, the devil is the detail but not according to the younger generation, they all want to be designers. My favourite saying is “presumably you’re suggesting we use sky hooks to support that” ...........man I am sounding old...........

• Like 4

Yep, we're all getting old!

My old boss always said that you knew you'd been there too long when you're first response to any suggestion from the newbies was 'Nope, tried that X years ago and it didn't work because.....'. 

I'm at that point now and although some of them are ferociously bright in theoretical terms their practical skills are way behind. They look at a screwdriver like it's something from an alien civilisation!

• Like 2

• Administrators

That’s OK, last year, a newspaper in California ran a Fourth of July “Salute” to the Nation by snowing a military jet team flyover trailing red, white, and blue smoke.

Problem was, they grabbed a stock photo off the internet of... a Russian team with Su-25s and the colors were the white, blue, and red of Russia, not red, white, and blue for the USA,  

OOPS!

:rofl:

Knowing California reporters, they probably did it on purpose and did it proudly.

• Like 2