The Great LSM Twins Group Build ends July 3, 2024 ×

HK Models 1/32 Lancaster Hints, Tweaks and Tips,

NigelR32

21 hours ago, yknu said:

And Neil told that he will put to the instructions information to put those K47 and L47 first to the wings.

Good to hear. 

May I ask, why have you randomly posted pics of the bomb aimers blister and the bomb bay?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, NigelR32 said:

Good to hear. 

May I ask, why have you randomly posted pics of the bomb aimers blister and the bomb bay?

No, I am still learning how post. The point of the blister pic is related to the discussion of the HK blister. Looks like this might have been the reference. The bomb bay pic is related to discussion related to weather there has been only three bombs in a row. Seems to be that 4 is possible. My apoligues if it is confusing:

question - when to use quote and when reply? 

I an not very familiar with this yet

• Like 1

1 minute ago, yknu said:

No, I am still learning how post. The point of the blister pic is related to the discussion of the HK blister. Looks like this might have been the reference. The bomb bay pic is related to discussion related to weather there has been only three bombs in a row. Seems to be that 4 is possible. My apoligues if it is confusing:

question - when to use quote and when reply? 

I an not very familiar with this yet

OK.. here i have used "Quote" as I am answering a question you have asked, or am referring to a point you have raised.

So, for example.. If you asked.. "What colour are the tyres", I would press "quote" when I answered you.

But.. If no one asked the question and I discovered the tyres were blue, I would write a fresh post, with no "quote" to tell everyone "Hey guys, the tyres are bue". Then, you might reply, and press "quote" and just write "Really, I thought they were Green"???

• Like 1

Just now, NigelR32 said:

OK.. here i have used "Quote" as I am answering a question you have asked, or am referring to a point you have raised.

So, for example.. If you asked.. "What colour are the tyres", I would press "quote" when I answered you.

But.. If no one asked the question and I discovered the tyres were blue, I would write a fresh post, with no "quote" to tell everyone "Hey guys, the tyres are bue". Then, you might reply, and press "quote" and just write "Really, I thought they were Green"???

Got it :0) 

• Like 1

Just now, NigelR32 said:

What is your christian name?

Yrjö, which is basically Finnish version from George. I am using often just Yka, Yrjo is also fine (ö is not common in many keyboards)

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, yknu said:

Yrjö, which is basically Finnish version from George. I am using often just Yka, Yrjo is also fine (ö is not common in many keyboards)

Thank you Yka.. It's nice to have a name to identify people with for me, especially as we communicate very much.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, NigelR32 said:

A little tip guys if you are using the Airscale IP upgrade.. 

Remove 0.5-0.7mm from the front ends of parts P50 and P46. These are the cockpit sills and if left stock will prevent the IP from fitting between the fuselage halves.

Nige, you must have a camera focused on me as I'm just about to fit mine !! Thanks for the tip

• Like 4

8 hours ago, Gunpowder17 said:

I assembled my wings and now i can see why they molded them the way they did. They are strong and light. I just added this to the ends and it makes the wingtips fit much better on mine.

xkNkHxd.jpg

Good idea, I was thinking something similar to force the the shape of the wing and the wing tip     to be exactly the same. 

• Like 3

14 hours ago, Gunpowder17 said:

I assembled my wings and now i can see why they molded them the way they did. They are strong and light. I just added this to the ends and it makes the wingtips fit much better on mine.

xkNkHxd.jpg

I agree this is a great way of getting the end of the wing to the same shape as the tip, but I feel the issue is also to do with the step between the wing and the tip? On my starboard wing the tip is proud on one side and stepped back on the other.

• Like 3

I would suggest the shrouds fitted in front of the ailerons would give the wing the required height to enable the tips to fit well. If you don't fit the shouds the ends could sag and impair the fit of the tips. Purely theoretically speaking mind you.

Cees

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Wingco57 said:

I would suggest the shrouds fitted in front of the ailerons would give the wing the required height to enable the tips to fit well. If you don't fit the shouds the ends could sag and impair the fit of the tips. Purely theoretically speaking mind you.

Cees

Yup thats right. I fitted the spacer under the nacelle in the hole , then all of the trail edge inserts. The wingtip went on ok  , but still needed a little squeezing to get it to sit flush , so i added the plasticard to push it out just a little bit more and now it fits great.

Andrew

• Like 1

1 hour ago, NigelR32 said:

I agree this is a great way of getting the end of the wing to the same shape as the tip, but I feel the issue is also to do with the step between the wing and the tip? On my starboard wing the tip is proud on one side and stepped back on the other.

Nige i know you are very experienced , and im trying to teach Granny to suck eggs but you know that the wingtips are longer on the bottom than the top. If you stand them on a flat surface on their mating sides they lean a bit i mean. Im sure you know that though

cGoYDKI.jpg

Andrew

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, Gunpowder17 said:

Nige i know you are very experienced , and im trying to teach Granny to suck eggs but you know that the wingtips are longer on the bottom than the top. If you stand them on a flat surface on their mating sides they lean a bit i mean. Im sure you know that though

cGoYDKI.jpg

Andrew

Hey Andrew.. I may have experience under my belt, but there is no such thing as a stupid question.. I wasn't aware that they were different lengths top and bottom, but i was aware there are dedicated port / starboard tips. I was only suggesting that in my opinion the biggest issue with the fit is not wing section, as you've sorted with your fillet, but the step that you get at the joint. If you look back at my pics you'll see I added two layers of tape to space the tip "up" and bring it level with the wings surface. If you look closely at your attached pic you'll see that on the upper surface the tip looks lower than the wing surface and the bottom is off too.

Getting a perfect join here is gonna take a lot of work!!

• Like 2

Fellow modellers, I am looking for bulged bomb bay doors used when carrying Tallboy. I have the paragon 1:48 but now there is a need for 1:32. Does anyone know a 3D printer master or contact to the company, who made the dmbuster set? I just need the bomb bay doors. My target plane is Dark Victory. It was ” early” B.III. 

Thank you in advance :0) 

• Like 1

Time to start: removal of the wrong dinghy storage and landing lights. I try to use my self made putty from Tamiya extra thin and sprue. It will shrink so I wil wait atleast a week. Let’s what will be the result :0) 

13734BAC-9C4F-4FE1-AD95-FBC847F67EFF.jpeg

B03CC453-E9A2-4B34-953B-97C2248591E1.jpeg

C703EEE6-CCC6-42C8-824A-F0F5DC5F29B4.jpeg

• Like 4

On 2/1/2019 at 2:38 PM, yknu said:

Thanks David, just sent a message to him. 

On 2/1/2019 at 2:38 PM, yknu said:

Thanks David, just sent a message to him. 

I just got reply from Iconicair: they will make bulged doors and Tallboy after they have finished the John Brown airfield tractor. 

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, yknu said:

I just got reply from Iconicair: they will make bulged doors and Tallboy after they have finished the John Brown airfield tractor. 

I mean David Brown airfield tractor 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, yknu said:

Cool... I love an oversized penetrating weapon, me! (oo-er missus, etc).  But having that single huge bomb would probably mean a need to spiff up the bomb bay further, whereas the current (slightly inaccurate) load covers a multitude of sins. Decisions, decisions... 

• Like 2