The Great LSM Twins Group Build ends July 3, 2024 ×

Welcome to Ernie (Clunkmeister) on LSM staff

James H

• Administrators

Heheheheheeee. Thanks man, and that’ll be two minutes for cross checking. 

Oh, and I could skate before I could walk, played street hockey with ice chunks as goalposts, and used a tennis ball as a puck, so if you’re taking a shot, you had better be on net, and if you’re in net, you better bloody well make the save,  because that ball will go or a half mile it seemed when you were 11.

• Like 5

I own the crease bro...bring your weak sauce....I will slap that away like it was stuck in winter molasses...:rofl:   I crack myself up....

my stickhandling would have you cross eyed, then you’d trip on the goal line and bump your little head on the crossbar. My wristshot is as unexpected as it is fast. No windup, just an easy flip, and you’ll still be going east when you shoulda been going west.

• Like 3

• Administrators

Uhh huh. I’ve heard that before too. My stickhandling’ll have you crosseyed. You’ll end up tripping on the goal line and bumping your little head on the crossbar. But my wristshot is as sudden as it is effortless. You’ll still be eastbound when you oughta be headed west...

• Like 4

Congratulations on no longer having to work in the shadows Ernie! It's well deserved. 

As for skating, the last time I played a game of shinny, someone lost a kneecap.:( The extent of my hockey skills are such that I can stand on skates without falling down too much. Especially if I'm holding onto the boards. 

Therefore I would encourage any of you stepping on the ice with me to wear full protective gear. 

So when's the first LSM hockey tourney?:D

Carl

• Like 5

I never got good enough to try shooting a puck. My boys started skating lessons last fall so as encouragement (not sure if it was for them or me) I broke out my skates for the first time in almost 20; years and got on the ice. I can make it around the rink now without falling so I guess that's progress. 

• Like 2

• Administrators

Carl, in Germany I played on base some, but mostly hung them up and hit the slopes. Why waste living in the midst of the world’s best ski hills just to go shoot a puck around.

Did some gliding, too. Germans, Austrians, and the Swiss took sailplanes very seriously then, and even if the best glass stuff was out of reach, there were plenty of L-13 Blaniks around.

good times.

• Like 3

18 hours ago, James H said:

Hi all,

Ernie has graciously accepted a staff position here at LSM...

Jim

I think that thanks are also due to Jim and the Staff here, for making the offer in the first place. 

Ernie was treated pretty badly by a certain Staff member at another site, and put on moderation by the site Admin there for behaviour no worse than is deemed acceptable from other site Members. So I acknowledge the LSM Staff for valuing Ernie's productivity and comradery, and his contributions here as a Modeller and an all-round Good Guy, when others elswhere didn't deem him worthy to post a single word without their say-so.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Ivan Ivanovich said:

I'm incredibly great at walking on thin ice - virtually unparalleled. Does that count?  :D

Congrats, Ernie! Well deserved. 
I'll have a cold "Tannenzäpfle" on you later tonight.

g2000002514.jpg

Considering your in NZ now you need to change that to a Tui or a Ranfurly Draft!

We done Ernie! I am looking forward to sticking my feet up more around here and let the newbie mod do more work ;)

Like if there is any Modding really needs to be done here!

• Like 4

• Administrators
10 hours ago, Dave J said:

Considering your in NZ now you need to change that to a Tui or a Ranfurly Draft!

We done Ernie! I am looking forward to sticking my feet up more around here and let the newbie mod do more work ;)

Like if there is any Modding really needs to be done here!

Pretty big happy family around here, Dave. I expect next to zero issues from the good folks here. If anyone needs modding it’s me, who’ll probably die from foot-in-mouth disease. :)

• Like 4

Well deserved Ernie. I really love the mods here on LSM, you barely notice their presence other than modelling wise, except when there is a rare need to act. That to my eye is the perfect job moderators can do. This is a free to speech modelling nuts place and you're the perfect fit for the staff.

That said I rise my freshly prepared Manhattan Perfect to the vague direction of Texas :D.

I'm not that good on slippery grounds as ice, but have been playing Baseball for 25 years in German leagues. That doesn't mean to much, but with that many Americans and Canadians here, Im willing to step into the diamond again. Okay in the moment it's more about surfing and mountainbiking as my tiny island dos not provide enough even ground for having a proper diamond :rofl:.

Cheers Rob

On ‎1‎/‎8‎/‎2019 at 5:06 AM, Ivan Ivanovich said:

I'll have a cold "Tannenzäpfle" on you later tonight.

Guter Stoff Ivan :)

• Like 3

Geez, a guy is here 5 minutes and he becomes 'Management'.........................:rofl: Seriously Dude, from one Canuck to another congrats and as the guys have mentioned above, very well deserved, .........................but as far as giving you the gears.................... yeah that will probably continue............. I hope it does, as that's what makes this a real cool place......you will probably collect your 'pay check' and have little to do to earn it......:D:respect:

• Like 3

• Administrators

OK,  I need to clear up a misunderstanding, and fast.  

Everyone here seems, for some odd reason, to think I’m an alcoholic.

Please pay attention real close when I clear the air.

I’m not an alcoholic. Alcoholics go to meetings.  I don’t, so I’m just a good old fashioned drunk.

There, problem solved.

:)

• Like 5

5 hours ago, Clunkmeister said:

OK,  I need to clear up a misunderstanding, and fast.  

Everyone here seems, for some odd reason, to think I’m an alcoholic.

Please pay attention real close when I clear the air.

I’m not an alcoholic. Alcoholics go to meetings.  I don’t, so I’m just a good old fashioned drunk.

There, problem solved.

:)

Glad we FINALLY got THAT cleared up..................:rofl:

• Like 1