The Great LSM Twins Group Build ends July 3, 2024 ×

Hasegawa 1/32 Ju 87D-3, "T6+CT"

• 1 month later...
  • Members

Making some progress, fit has been very good up to this point.  Just some minimal filling and sanding, Hasegawa very rarely lets me down in this regard.  Enjoying this much more than that dreaded PCM 190! :lol:

IMG_1051.JPG

IMG_1052.JPG

IMG_1053.JPG

• Like 7

• Administrators
On 2/13/2019 at 9:54 PM, Mikester said:

Steve, it appears so.  Airscale scaled down the guages from their actual size.  Most model IPs are scaled down to fit in the cockpit.  I have their 1/32 scale decals and for the most part they're too large for any of my 1/32 IPs.

I just learned something new.  Huh, who’d’a thunk it?

Well, the Peil G IV is described as an "Iron core Search (apparatus) frame"...

IMG_20190325_074755.thumb.jpg.ccf2c83312b9015ecd3f80a0b78f50ec.jpgConventional wisdom has the outside material as Bakelite, so a speckled dark brown colour would be my choice. This is the G V...

IMG_20190325_073259.thumb.jpg.942c6ba8240c74167af8921e7630b87d.jpg

Zoukei Mura in their He219 kit has you paint the G VI antenna silver, with the housing tub as RLM66. I would have thought that O2 would have been the preferred option for the tub colour.

• Like 3

Harv, it's a direction finding and homing device.

The earlier versions could be rotated manually by the Bordfunker if one was present in the Crew; or in the case of single seaters like the Bf109, it remained in fixed position along the Aircraft axis and the Pilot merely turned to find the signal.

• Like 3

Guest DannyVM

One of the few German subjects i would like to build one day. The Hasegawa kit is a real gem, so i'm really looking forward to your further progress .

• 6 months later...
  • Members

Drug this beast out to get some paint on it now that the garage isn't unbearably hot any more.  Mr. Color 04, 65,70 and 71.  Still have some post shading to do and paint the markings but feels good to to see it with some paint on it!

IMG_1152.JPG

IMG_1153.JPG

IMG_1154.JPG

IMG_1156.JPG

IMG_1157.JPG

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1