The Great LSM Twins Group Build ends July 3, 2024 ×

HPH C-47

Clunkmeister

• Administrators

Where is that, Grizly?  Dad was Air Force, and Transair DC-3s were our family’s way around the Country back then. I’ve probably spent quite a bit of time in that old girl.  They always got us where we were going, and unlike the trains, they were usually on time.

• Like 3

• Administrators
46 minutes ago, Grizly said:

The old Transair DC-3 remains was on the west side of Winnipeg airport just to the north of the military hangars. I probably took the picture in the mid to late nineties.

I’ve been around there often enough and I’m surprised I never saw it.  Memories. Thanks!

• Like 3

After fastidious checking that HPH got the nose right (which, just based on pics, I also thought was true, after initial doubts - but HPH may have revised their draft - ), it is quite funny to see you contemplating cutting that very same nose out ;)

Just my :2c:, of course ... :rolleyes:

Hubert

• Like 4

• Administrators

Yeah, like Paul Harvey sad, "And now, for the rest of the story".

There's gotta be 5 feet of wingtip in the snow there. And fully stalled. The next pic probably shows a decidedly nose down attitude.  Inside that Dak is the one place on earth I wouldn't want to be at that time. 

• Like 4

There was another "Dakota" that resonates in my memory. It use to sit by the highway near to my hometown Bratislava. There was a time when it was also used as a restaurant, but the way I remember her was when she looked like this

Li-2_kam.jpg

There was a fire inside set by gypsies using it as a party shelter twice. In 1987 she was taken to scrap yard. 

Her last "operational" picture 

dak.jpg

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...