The Great LSM Twins Group Build ends July 3, 2024 ×

What is on your bench right now ? Share a picture :)

Martinnfb

54 minutes ago, Clunkmeister said:

At the office now, but I’ll take a pic tonight. 

My bench is generally maintained in a modern “Post Chernobyl” style,  and once a year it gets cleaned whether it needs it or not.  

So for me it’s not “What’s on your bench?”, it’s more like “What isn’t on your bench?” 

these are a couple months back. I'll get a whole room shot for the full effect

F35F8FD6-EF4D-47FB-A2E1-EFE778759E65.jpeg

34FCFA53-8C6D-4734-8DD9-FBAB59E26256.jpeg

Jebus criminy! 

• Like 1

• Administrators

I'm seriously ashamed of my model area. I can't generally start a kit and just work on it alone until it's done. JohnB does that to perfection, and it's amazing to me that someone can do that.

Me, I work till I burn out, move to something new and work on that till I burn out. It's just how I do it. Except for GBs and such. If everyone's working together, then the excitement stays higher.

Plus, because I like resin, getting burned out on certain aspects of it happens, and all I can say is that I have to shift around.

Sad...

• Like 3

Don't sweat it Ernie.

It's a pastime, and however you pass that time is your version of the Hobby. 

My bench is the Kitchen table, until I can convert the third bedroom into a Hobby room / Man cave. One kit only comes out at a time (Hasegawa Fw190 at the moment), and when I'm done gets put away and everything wiped down thoroughly. There are a dozen or so others started at different stages that call to me occasionally.

I have this deal with the SWMBO, I get my own room eventually but have to keep it manageable and not encroach into the shared space too much... For this, she eventually gets a 600 litre tropical Fish tank. Give a little, take a little...

S

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Clunkmeister said:

I'm seriously ashamed of my model area. I can't generally start a kit and just work on it alone until it's done. JohnB does that to perfection, and it's amazing to me that someone can do that.

Me, I work till I burn out, move to something new and work on that till I burn out. It's just how I do it. Except for GBs and such. If everyone's working together, then the excitement stays higher.

Plus, because I like resin, getting burned out on certain aspects of it happens, and all I can say is that I have to shift around.

Sad...

Ernie I cant work on singular projects either.

I think there is a self inflicted emphasis on having the latest resin or PE aftermarket gizmo (or even the latest finishing technique) that can suck the life out of a project. 

The fine work in print or even on this website also sets the bar very high.

My new direction is OOB centered with very little aftermarket to complicate things, after all before any of that there was the fun of building a model.

I'm tired of not having fun.

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, Ivan Ivanovich said:

At first, I thought it was dio of a destroyed german airfield. Late 1945ish...  ;)

Yes Hitler was working on weaponizing giant desk lamps and magnifiers.

• Like 2

Sadly, I used to do two kits at a time, and finish one before I start another. However, once I started the flock of Warhawks, that all went to shit, then I got the B-24, and that is taking all my time now. I still plan to revisit the P-40s later.

• Like 4

6 hours ago, Drifter said:

(...) I tend to start well and fly through builds until.........................undercarriage...... everything comes to a grinding halt. (...)

Sounds familiar to me.
To me, installing the undercarriage is probably the most annoying part of any build.

• Like 5

Guest DannyVM
On 1/24/2019 at 4:11 PM, Jeff said:

WOW.................... I don't feel so bad now........maybe I AM focused after all.............my pit is an organized mess, and looks very much like all these , except Danny's............... that is WAY too tidy and organized..... or is that a 'posed' or photoshopped pic Dan???  I Must say tho, those organizers are most definitely on my list, and my list is fairly long when it comes to those items... they are cool......

Nope Jeff, not posed, not photo-shopped at all mate, this is just the situation it is on my bench at the moment.

Guest DannyVM
14 hours ago, Clunkmeister said:

Here’s the aftermath. Just pulled it all up. This will look decent later tonight. This is posted for posterity. 

OK, I piled a bit on for effect, but it’s being fixed right now  

:rofl:

49E5C2AA-5495-44C8-98BF-ADF8767D57BE.jpeg

This look's likes 'operation dessert storm' before the clean up to me Ernie...........:D