The Great LSM Twins Group Build ends July 3, 2024 ×

What is on your bench right now ? Share a picture :)

Martinnfb

On 1/23/2019 at 3:16 PM, Martinnfb said:

This brings me to an idea. You guys post pictures of your workspace and almost every week I will pick a winner of a small prize. :) 

This week prize is Fisher Zuni 5 inch rocket set !!!

fis_3226_parts.jpg

Thank you for the rockets! I will use them.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Ryan said:

This is Roscoe, my best friend.

45713533842_06662d7d0c_b.jpgMy Pup by The 3rd Placer, on Flickr

He actually sits on furniture that way with an arm on the armrest.

BTW he was way too heavy in this pic, he was diagnosed with Cushings and now on meds is back to a trim normal weight.

If you get another dog, you have to name it Flash!

• Like 5

Yeah good one.

We were stuck with the name, he was a rescue dog someone surrendered.

He can't hear very well or see the best, but if that nose gets a hold of something its over.

Only dog I ever had that I cant win a game of hide and seek with, he wins every time!

• Like 3

Yeah, Buster is a Pointer, he is a very visual dog, but he still puts his nose to use. He has caught and killed numerous birds and squirrels, caught a few cats, and one skunk. When we lived in TX, he used to hide just inside the dog door flap and wait for something to come into the yard, then....BAM! out the door.

• Like 4

• Administrators

Bear was Joy’s dog. He left us for Doggie Heaven last year. A black Pomeranian, he was the most comical dog I’ve ever known. And smart and acted almost human to the point of being scary. 

D9ED524F-9A4A-4DC6-9F95-38D1B9480149.jpeg

And the grey poodle is Dollie Jo. We inherited her when Joy’s Aunt died and we almost didn’t take her because she was mean, mean, mean.  But we did, I told her if she wasn’t nice I’d cook her up for supper, and a minute later she was suddenly my best friend. (And I am not a frufru dog guy.) I tend more to German Shepherds. But Dollie Jo passed a couple of years ago and left a big hole in my heart. 

They both loved to cuddle, and I caught Dollie  drooling on my pillow.  Every night she’d do this. Fake sleep on my pillow and when I went lie down she’d growl at me like she wanted to tear my face off. Then I’d lie down and she’d lay on my face till I scratched her ears.

0C1112CF-0EA3-41EE-B2EB-92E346EB8D48.jpeg

• Like 6

• Administrators

It’s going to be an interesting year. This weekend after the F-5F is finished, my bench is going bye bye.    A new 8ft wood table is going up, followed by all new organizers. All decals and AM goodies will be catalogued and documented.   

Paints and brushes will be placed, a new Hobbico mat will go down, and two aircraft will be on the bench, the SB2C, and the Lanc. 

• Like 5

• Administrators

Also, the year 2019 is going to be a good one.  

All kinds of cool things will be happening.  

For example:

6AEC5F68-3436-4A7E-911B-645EAB496E13.jpeg

This one is looking crazy promising. The fit is stellar,  it there is very little surface detail and NO rivet detail. 

After Martin’s adventures with his MuG, I think Archer rivets might be in store.

• Like 5

On 1/28/2019 at 6:01 PM, Bomber_County said:

King George V, Ernie......thanks for the offer of “tidying” for me......:lol:

Is that the Tamiya one? How do you like the kit? My LHS has one for $60and we're thinking of getting it for my son. It's actually cheaper than most of the 1/700 capital ship kits. 

Carl

• Like 3