The Great LSM Twins Group Build ends July 3, 2024 ×

What is on your bench right now ? Share a picture :)

Martinnfb

14 hours ago, BlrwestSiR said:

Is that the Tamiya one? How do you like the kit? My LHS has one for $60and we're thinking of getting it for my son. It's actually cheaper than most of the 1/700 capital ship kits. 

Carl

Carl, it is Tamiya, goes together beautifully, I did add metal barrels and Gold Medal AM, I must finish it, another to add to the list...........

• Like 4

If we are talking about bench « add-ons », here are my three home cats, on an ordinary morning at home (around 6:00 AM) :)

The grey one on the left loves sniffing around my bench, and tasting the resin bits like a Fisher cockpit or a carefully-built frame structure for my on-going Gee-Bees’ builds. So I try to discourage his modelling interests. 

Both he and the Maine Coon princess on the right also love jumping on the shelves with all the paint pots. Getting them to jump down without creating havoc among all these chemicals is a regular challenge :o

Hubert

B69414E8-EEDC-4995-A260-C8897FF5696A.jpeg

• Like 8

Here is a shot of the other work bench. the spray booth...suitably messy, ugh look at the overfilling trash can, what a slob.

The eagle eyed viewer will note the airbrush is supplied air via the wall. My compressor is in the garage some 20 feet away, I ran line through the wall then underground run to my model shack. Then at the press of a button on a key fob I can turn on the compressor from the shack and don't hear a thing!

33094528198_be89314514_b.jpgSpray Booth by The 3rd Placer, on Flickr

Ryan

• Like 5

Guys, what about to have an annual draw of the 'bench prize' for the best work space picture of the year ?  We could create a pool and it would be your vote, sure you can vote for yourself, but my boyz will take care of it :)

And the prize would be rather big , like two engine big ? 

what'cha think about that? 

• Like 4

11 hours ago, Martinnfb said:

Guys, what about to have an annual draw of the 'bench prize' for the best work space picture of the year ?  We could create a pool and it would be your vote, sure you can vote for yourself, but my boyz will take care of it :)

And the prize would be rather big , like two engine big ? 

what'cha think about that? 

Sounds interesting.

• Like 2

20 hours ago, Martinnfb said:

This week / F-5 decals / prize goes to Ryan... like totally (teenage lingo) :) 

Ryan could you please send me a PM with your address?

Cheers

Martin

Many thanks Martin!

• Like 2

• Administrators

Some moderator I am!  Almost encouraging you crazies to go off topic!  I'm the biggest offender of them all!

Hubert like martin said, Desert cam, Nightfighter, and Low Visibility schemes. I like the Nightfighter myself. Short, built for a job, and no extra stuff to interfere with the mission...

With all the cat pics you guys are posting, I'd understand it if people started mistaking us for Facebook.

• Like 5

I'll attempt to get back on topic.

Here is some work I was doing to the ZM TA-152 engine, the wiring/ hoses are all stretched sprue. (and all just guesswork as to the accuracy of the locations)

41914856600_0897ab1be1_b.jpgTa-152 by The 3rd Placer, on Flickr

29853170438_7daa82a4d9_b.jpgTa-152 by The 3rd Placer, on Flickr

29853170668_62f84c4fef_b.jpgTa-152 by The 3rd Placer, on Flickr

Now for the depressing part.....I dropped the wiring harness and broke it.....

Sigh, will do again but this time with lead wire.

Ryan

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1