The Great LSM Twins Group Build ends July 3, 2024 ×

What is on your bench right now ? Share a picture :)

Martinnfb

Thanks guys, the cast finish is Model Air aluminum dry brushed over black. I’m cleaning up all the excess dry brush at this stage and defining the black portions of the engine.

• Like 4

11 hours ago, Ryan said:

Sprinkled some Nats enthusiasm on myself and picked up my previously started 152.

Nice, the engine is looking great. Will you show it? I tried to do my 152 with the cowlings removable and stalled with that after trying different variants.
Be careful with the engine mounts assembly, when everything has to be glued into the wing/fuselage section. As per manual this is nearly impossible due to multi dimensional mounting points.

Some more details about this are in my build log

Cheers Rob

• Like 3

Yes your right, the final clears should even things out. Brush painting Model Air is really the way to go, everything here is model air except the wash. MA is a bit translucent, but lays on smooth. Clear coats should hide the uneven finish in the black.

I hate using straight black, but I was able to switch back and forth when I made mistakes. The MA made it easy to fix errant brush strokes and there were plenty!

• Like 5

13 minutes ago, BlrwestSiR said:

Thanks Rob! This one made it over the finish line. Although it took a couple tries on the weathering. 

IMG_20161231_182935-L.jpg

IMG_20161231_182758-L.jpg

This is awesome Carl, never built a Corsair.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Most of you know I've got a car that pretty much qualifies as an LSM...

IMG_20181104_124043-L.jpg

After 12 years of ownership, I felt it was due for a timing belt change.

IMG_20190812_132633-L.jpg

IMG_20190812_190935-L.jpg

MVIMG_20190812_190943-L.jpg

Now I know why most garages wouldn't touch it.  Got some great help from a good friend and my neighbour too but it looks like it'll be a two day job as the crank pulley is stuck on tight.

No more mid engine cars for me :D

Carl

• Like 4

16 minutes ago, harv said:

Your really need to build one Ryan. It's an awesome kit. And Carl, where is your other skate ??.......harv

Ryan, I'm with Harv. It's probably Tamiya's best 1/32 kit. 

Harv, I have to get this one fixed first before I worry about finding the other skate :lol:

• Like 5

7 hours ago, BlrwestSiR said:

Thanks Rob! This one made it over the finish line. Although it took a couple tries on the weathering.

Wow, what a nice Birdcage. I like your subtle weathering and I imagine, that this is the most of weathering you ever did on a kit :D. The kit itself is a true beauty, I built one myself years ago and because I left it in Berlin with a friend when I moved to Spain, I'm considering building another. If there is something like the best kit ever, these Tamiya F4's are pretty close and the earlier two or tri tone camos are a great canvas for weathering experiments on an airframe. 
BTW, the ZM 152 is not on my personal list of top to  build kits ;).

Cheers Rob

• Like 5

9 hours ago, Ryan said:

Got some more detail painting done today.

Your engine is looking great and will be a nice eye catcher on your 152. Like you I'm hardly ever use a real black for modeling, but my attempts using MA with a brush where not very successful. Are you planning a WIP?

Cheers Rob

• Like 5

1 hour ago, DocRob said:

Your engine is looking great and will be a nice eye catcher on your 152. Like you I'm hardly ever use a real black for modeling, but my attempts using MA with a brush where not very successful. Are you planning a WIP?

Cheers Rob

Thanks Rob, I probably should do a WIP.

• Like 4

14 hours ago, BlrwestSiR said:

Most of you know I've got a car that pretty much qualifies as an LSM...

IMG_20181104_124043-L.jpg

After 12 years of ownership, I felt it was due for a timing belt change.

IMG_20190812_132633-L.jpg

IMG_20190812_190935-L.jpg

MVIMG_20190812_190943-L.jpg

Now I know why most garages wouldn't touch it.  Got some great help from a good friend and my neighbour too but it looks like it'll be a two day job as the crank pulley is stuck on tight.

No more mid engine cars for me :D

Carl

Those jack stands are huge :)

• Like 3