The Great LSM Twins Group Build ends July 3, 2024 ×

What is on your bench right now ? Share a picture :)

Martinnfb

Phil, I decided it was time for one of my bi annual bench cleanups. I was trying to see if I could make more space or move some of the tool holders around for easier access. That led to a clean spot, which led to another and then I was gone too far to stop. 

Don't worry, it won't last long.:rolleyes:

Carl

• Like 5

Hola Senhores,

I was following the forum not very closely due lots of summer distractions lately like BBQ, meeting with friends, work in the garden and on the house, surfing and biking, swimming and trailrunning and not the least, preparations for the birthday of my wife, which lead me to some one to one scale woodworking. Among other stuff for the garden like lanterns and an old wine barrel with an ornamental tiled side as a table, I build some (the Americans and Canadians among you might now these) Adirondack chairs. The work was mostly fun and a pleasant change from plastic and metal.

Cheers Rob

IMG_6367.thumb.JPG.26f13a248f8c71d72d1d9638c642a4f8.JPG

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Jeff said:

Those chairs are BEAUTIFUL Rob ! VERY nice wood work !

48 minutes ago, BlrwestSiR said:

Really nice chairs there Rob!

Thanks Gentlemen, it has been a nice distraction from modelling. Ok, there is always the grinding to do, like working with resin :D.

… another one bites the dust

Cheers Rob

• Like 3

On 9/7/2019 at 10:21 AM, DocRob said:

Hola Senhores,

I was following the forum not very closely due lots of summer distractions lately like BBQ, meeting with friends, work in the garden and on the house, surfing and biking, swimming and trailrunning and not the least, preparations for the birthday of my wife, which lead me to some one to one scale woodworking. Among other stuff for the garden like lanterns and an old wine barrel with an ornamental tiled side as a table, I build some (the Americans and Canadians among you might now these) Adirondack chairs. The work was mostly fun and a pleasant change from plastic and metal.

Cheers Rob

IMG_6367.thumb.JPG.26f13a248f8c71d72d1d9638c642a4f8.JPG

They're beautiful! Surprisingly comfortable, too. I do a lot of camping in the Adirondacks.

• Like 3

On 9/7/2019 at 8:29 PM, GusMac said:

Lovely chairs Rob, the fantail backs look fabulous

Thanks Gus, the fanned backrest gives them a slightly lighter appearance than they really have, They weight around 25 kg each, which is a good thing, given they will be all year round in the garden, even with our heavy Kalima storms.

34 minutes ago, Bill_S said:

They're beautiful! Surprisingly comfortable, too. I do a lot of camping in the Adirondacks.

They are indeed very comfortable and you don't need a table to have the drinks close by with these wide armrests.

Your Nieuport is looking great, I have to get me one of those and tend to go silver-grey finish too. It would be nice to have a sharper image of your beautiful Tigerhead.

Cheers Rob 

• Like 3