The Great LSM Twins Group Build ends July 3, 2024 ×

What is on your bench right now ? Share a picture :)

Martinnfb

17 minutes ago, BlrwestSiR said:

Been randomly gluing parts together. Thankfully they're at least from the same kit.

IMG_20191112_110227-L.jpg

Carl

You are supposed to be taking it easy , Carl !   How are you feeling....... sure am glad it went well for you.................. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Jeff said:

You are supposed to be taking it easy , Carl !   How are you feeling....... sure am glad it went well for you.................. 

I'm doing well Jeff. I run out of energy a bit sooner (ok, a lot sooner) than usual so I don't push myself or anything. My wife is keeping an eye on how much I do so I don't overdo things. She's even taking the trash out and shoveling the token snow we got yesterday.

The biggie is not lifting anything over 10 lbs. Which means I won't be working on the Lanc or B-24 any time soon. 

It just feels kinda nice to be at the bench. Even if I'm not accomplishing huge things. 

Carl

• Like 4

12 minutes ago, harv said:

I know what you mean buddy. Sure glad to hear you are doing good. How much are you walking ? Should be up to half a block by now......harv

I can't believe it's  been only two weeks since my bypass surgery and 10 days since I got home.  I'm back to picking the boys up from school so 6 blocks total which I started today. According to Google Maps, it's 800m one way. Thankfully it's flat in both directions and not uphill. Well, except for maybe the step at our front door. It's the distance my physiotherapist wants me to be able to cover at this point so I guess I'm doing ok. Just need it to warm up a bit. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

I cleaned out my bench for 2 weeks of work. So when I get home I feel inspired? Well I'd like to think, but next time off will be a jumble, with some extra work days etc...

BNrWb7A.jpg

lG6hMN6.jpg

Second picture show what is currently on the bench, with this baby obviously:

TutzGfj.jpg

Cheers

H.

• Like 6

13 minutes ago, Bomber_County said:

Ok really confused about this one :unsure:

It's a figure for the D-Day build I'm doing over in that section. Originally an SS Officer, I'm changing the head and converting him to Wehrmacht service, with an Anorak in Splittertarn 31 pattern.

IMG_20191020_140358.thumb.jpg.5989c428ad8ad792e1919bed2e8656ba.jpg

This is a little ambitious; but I want to give it a crack, as you never know what you're capable of unless you venture outside the comfort zone. Doing small sections at a time helps give the eyes a break.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Bomber_County said:

Ok really confused about this one :unsure:

Phil here is confused, because he only nows chicas (girls) with mini skirts in camo :rofl:

2 hours ago, Wumm said:

A little figure painting undertaken this afternoon…

Nice start with that complicated scheme. I never would make the GB deadline with that Splittertarn. There are some decals out there for the complicated German schemes, but I think applying these could prove also very complicated.

Cheers Rob

• Like 5

3 hours ago, Sir Desmond Glazebrook said:

What's her name??? :ph34r:

Hans wears the M43 pattern Anorak in a custom Splittertarn 31 finish, in a generous cut with hood and three-quarter interior lining in Rabbit fur. The perfect look for the local Garrison Gadabout, or while evading marauding Allied Jabos in the field. 

50 Reichmarks from Kleider Schwäben, or lifted from the nearest corpse. Also available in Field Grey.

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

Some of you may have noticed our cat in some of my previous WIP pics. Usually she's in my lap or checking out my progress. 

We'll the kitten has decided that's too passive and wants front row seats to the action:

IMG_20191201_133149.thumb.jpg.2d3d4af3802e4c87fc5f97bdd4aac8af.jpg

IMG_20191201_145259.thumb.jpg.0039690934d2c1414da189398625b5b0.jpg

I'm curious what will happen when I start up the compressor? Hopefully it won't be a situation where Ernie would want to break out a Gatling. 

As for model-y bits on the bench, I've been working on a resin Zero kit:

IMG_20191130_165938.thumb.jpg.8d0a20b62ac2a83f976c35ea7d39e768.jpg

Just need a canopy and then back to the Junkers. 

Carl

• Like 5

4 hours ago, BlrwestSiR said:

We'll the kitten has decided that's too passive and wants front row seats to the action:

Nice, a 1/1 scale Wild Cat and the paintjob is outstanding. Love the ginger Leo camo :D.

4 hours ago, BlrwestSiR said:

As for model-y bits on the bench, I've been working on a resin Zero kit:

I love that Industria Mechanika stuff. I have one of their steam punk submarine kits and of course Red Star 47 which hit my bench again after some time in the SOD.

Cheers Rob

• Like 3

Pounding into Vectrics V Carve Pro program.

A lot of work done to get a terrain map of the island into workable shape.

Still having problems , specifically the 4 cuts into the final small oval shape , from the map image file.

May hafta go into the G code.....

IMG-6328.jpg

Got some Vecrtic pro's looking into it....

• Like 2

My little baby b-17 got some more tests done today.  3 different black under coats followed by 2 separate Alclad sheens in different places.  I'm trying to find the right combination for a weathered beat up Pacific theater P-51.  The photos I have of her show her as filthy. 

20191205_170040.jpg

• Like 3

The muzzle brake on my 1:16 Panther got broken by a wayward Airsoft round.

I drew up a replacement in in Fusion360 and printed it out. Printed .05 layer height with 100% infill. Did a bit of sanding after cutting off the supports. Looks like I filed the top a little crooked and will need to true that up.

Turned out pretty decent.

Made a short time lapse of the drawing process.

Muzzle.png.0c107a5c0a771653fec35087dc325b40.png

• Like 3