The Great LSM Twins Group Build ends July 3, 2024 ×

What is on your bench right now ? Share a picture :)

Martinnfb

Some days ago I released my years ago started build of the WNW Pfalz off the SOD and started some work. It is my first WNW build and it will be a learning experience for my others in stash.
What keeps me fascinated other then the great quality of their kits, is the possibility to transform plastic into lots of different materials like wood, leather, cloth, metal. A little sub interest in my modelling is to represent materials as best as possibly, not always to be crowned with success, but hey, the Pfalz is my canvas at the moment.

My first wooden propeller turned out ok, I like the result. After a sand colored coat, I masked with 0,75 mm strips of Kabuki (Maketar pre cut) and added the red brown Colour. After demasking I used AK's weathering pencils to add some grain detail and overcoated everything with Tamiya clear orange.

If somebody has a clue about mixing the Pfalz typical Colour of silver white for wings and fudselage, feel free to enlighten me.

Cheers Rob

IMG_6639.thumb.JPG.b5254de45b7d309adc21b38b87633884.JPG

IMG_6645.thumb.JPG.762dc1f2e87c5e7b1ac6a49e5b05cddc.JPG

• Like 7

Something I've wanted since Tamiya first released it back in the '80s:

IMG_20191208_222457.thumb.jpg.7d9ee722786da4a6d64082bdc71d9b03.jpg

Honda City Turbo or as it was originally called, Willy's Wheeler.

I picked it up a few years ago when Tamiya decided to reissue it. Decided it was time to build it. It's a1/10 RC car which is where Tamiya truly make their money from.

Carl

• Like 4

On 12/8/2019 at 5:17 AM, DocRob said:

Some days ago I released my years ago started build of the WNW Pfalz off the SOD and started some work. It is my first WNW build and it will be a learning experience for my others in stash.
What keeps me fascinated other then the great quality of their kits, is the possibility to transform plastic into lots of different materials like wood, leather, cloth, metal. A little sub interest in my modelling is to represent materials as best as possibly, not always to be crowned with success, but hey, the Pfalz is my canvas at the moment.

My first wooden propeller turned out ok, I like the result. After a sand colored coat, I masked with 0,75 mm strips of Kabuki (Maketar pre cut) and added the red brown Colour. After demasking I used AK's weathering pencils to add some grain detail and overcoated everything with Tamiya clear orange.

If somebody has a clue about mixing the Pfalz typical Colour of silver white for wings and fudselage, feel free to enlighten me.

Cheers Rob

IMG_6639.thumb.JPG.b5254de45b7d309adc21b38b87633884.JPG

IMG_6645.thumb.JPG.762dc1f2e87c5e7b1ac6a49e5b05cddc.JPG

NOTHING wrong with this, very nice.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, BlrwestSiR said:

Something I've wanted since Tamiya first released it back in the '80s:

Whooohow, that reminds me of my Tamiya RC Wild Willy Jeep, I owned when I was in my young teens.
Have fun with the kids with your Honda.

Cheers Rob

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, DocRob said:

Whooohow, that reminds me of my Tamiya RC Wild Willy Jeep, I owned when I was in my young teens.
Have fun with the kids with your Honda.

Cheers Rob

Rob, the Wild Willy was my first RC car. They still make that one too. I've also got a VW Type 2 bus on the same chassis for my wife to try out. We'll see how that goes. :D

Carl

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, BlrwestSiR said:

Rob, the Wild Willy was my first RC car. They still make that one too. I've also got a VW Type 2 bus on the same chassis for my wife to try out. We'll see how that goes. :D

Carl

Ah, mine was the Tamiya Baja Bug which now seems to be called the Sand Scorcher. Great fun but I remember having fits trying to get the pressure correct in the oil damped suspension. Too much and the wheels pinged off at every little undulation but too little and it bottomed out on any little jump. 

• Like 3

A bunch of OOB stuff I have been working on lately. Nothing as nice as what you guys have been throwing up here, but since I am one of those assholes who builds only when it's fun and takes it all about as seriously as anything else here they are in all their basic workmanship:

Tamiya/Italeri Sd.Kfz 231 6-rad and Dragon Stug IV representing France 1940 and the Ardennes 1944, respectively. They still need a bunch of touch-up, but respray is not an issue with these camo schemes. The superstructure on the Stug is not tied down yet, nor is the track on yet. Both will get a wash after I paint the OEM crap and other bobbles. Both kits are old molds and I already plan to update the Stug with one of the newer toolings eventually, so...anyway.

20191209_223905.jpg

• Like 6

2 minutes ago, harv said:

Dam, got enough going on ? All look good......harv

Apparently not. And thanks.

BTW I have the Revell Fw 190 F-8, the Bandai Y-Wing, and the Trumpeter Me 262 A-1a sitting next to me waiting to get started. And I have been eying my Do 335 more often lately.

• Like 3