The Great LSM Twins Group Build ends July 3, 2024 ×

What is on your bench right now ? Share a picture :)

Martinnfb

1 hour ago, [CAT]CplSlade said:

Apparently I work best when I just dump a lot of stuff on my table. Building is the only way to clean up.

That whole page was a chuckle, I see NOW I'm not the ONLY one who does that.......  I feel better now....

• Like 2

56 minutes ago, Jeff said:

That whole page was a chuckle, I see NOW I'm not the ONLY one who does that.......  I feel better now....

Not by a long shot. My bench "area" pretty much looks like that.  I'm in the middle of trying to make room on my bench for my boys but I'm failing miserably. 

IMG_20191213_004218.thumb.jpg.ff3573b70e7c9f304e6c57bd452ce932.jpg

IMG_20191213_004227.thumb.jpg.8169c667a317f76184c27af3447f9a5e.jpg

Anything not on a shelf is technically a work in progress. I don't even know what everything is. So I'm definitely not as organized as CAT is. 

My plan for the new year is to try and get through at least one pile of started kits...

• Like 3

9 hours ago, BlrwestSiR said:

Not by a long shot. My bench "area" pretty much looks like that.  I'm in the middle of trying to make room on my bench for my boys but I'm failing miserably. 

Anything not on a shelf is technically a work in progress. I don't even know what everything is. So I'm definitely not as organized as CAT is. 

My plan for the new year is to try and get through at least one pile of started kits...

I feel Truly VINDICATED now !!!!!!!!!!  This is awesome, I am really among true kindred spirits !!!!  Carl, I LOVE your work 'area'.............. I too have a good sized bench but seem to only have about 6 or 7 square inches to 'spread out'...............  I LOVE this !!  Just awesome you guys !  And you have some cool stuff Carl.... 'started' kits............ hhhmmmm   me too, way too many....:rolleyes:

• Like 3

15 hours ago, BlrwestSiR said:

I admire that you work in this area, Carl. If I had a work area and workbench like this one, I’d probably tackle it with a fork, or more likely a D-12 dozer, followed by a high-pressure rinsing. But then, it’s just me :D.

Each to his own, as they say.

Hubert

• Like 4

On 12/12/2019 at 10:47 PM, Jeff said:

Ok, Tony, what's the secret on the spinner, ??? Man that looks cool !

Just good old Alclad Jeff.  I used a base of Mr. Surfacer 1500 black.  Polished that, then sprayed Alclad black primer, polished that, then repeated.  Then a nice coat of airframe aluminum. 

• Like 1

On 12/13/2019 at 5:45 AM, BlrwestSiR said:

That's when a HE-162 gets a Mustang tail and Lamborghini wheels :D. I'm not overly organized on my bench, but could never work on yours. You must have a special talent for organizing the abyss of chaos. Good if you find your boys among the kits, prior to building a bench for them and where is the cat :rofl:?

Cheers Rob

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, DocRob said:

That's when a HE-162 gets a Mustang tail and Lamborghini wheels :D. I'm not overly organized on my bench, but could never work on yours. You must have a special talent for organizing the abyss of chaos. Good if you find your boys among the kits, prior to building a bench for them and where is the cat :rofl:?

Cheers Rob

Thankfully no Lamborghini wheels in sight. :lol:

Hopefully with their own dedicated space on the bench, it'll be less chaotic for my boys. 

As for the cat, he's the smart one:

IMG_20191202_104854.thumb.jpg.0c23e261327dec85931ccb3c93c5c0f7.jpg

It does mean I have watch where I put the CA glue so he doesn't become a permanent part of the bench :D. I still don't know how sleeepin on top of sprues, PE and tools can be comfortable though. 

Carl

• Like 2

2 hours ago, TJTX said:

Just good old Alclad Jeff.  I used a base of Mr. Surfacer 1500 black.  Polished that, then sprayed Alclad black primer, polished that, then repeated.  Then a nice coat of airframe aluminum. 

Well, I'm thinking that may be a little ahead of my skill set, being a lot on the technical side, and I don't have the 'good stuff' in my inventory............... but take it from a guy who knows NICE, it looks damn near perfect from where I sit....... you nailed the shininess, and the hue is dead on..... I may have to step up my game and give the Alclad a go................ I always seem to fall back on what I know ( and it isn't much ) but it is safe...... I must step out of my comfort zone...  bottom line is it looks awesome!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Jeff said:

Well, I'm thinking that may be a little ahead of my skill set, being a lot on the technical side, and I don't have the 'good stuff' in my inventory............... but take it from a guy who knows NICE, it looks damn near perfect from where I sit....... you nailed the shininess, and the hue is dead on..... I may have to step up my game and give the Alclad a go................ I always seem to fall back on what I know ( and it isn't much ) but it is safe...... I must step out of my comfort zone...  bottom line is it looks awesome!

Thanks. This is actually my first try with a full, shiny, Alclad build.  I've just read and watched other guys do it so I figured hey, why not? I grabbed a crap kit and tested my technique on that first and carried it over to the Mustang. 

• Like 2

Some teeny weeny parts to improve a resin cockpit ... The small switches rack in the middle on the extreme right was my fifth attempt and took me some 8 hours overall before I called myself happy :wallbash:. It's made of 14 components overall ... and I confirmed I have to improve my soldering skills :rolleyes:

And to think nobody will ever notice... :hsmack: :help:

Hubert

i-bB2b3Qd-338x450.jpg i-spNPhZw-338x450.jpg

PS: A special salute to the first who guesses which cockpit this is from ;)

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Bomber_County said:

Carl, you must have a good memory of what goes with which kit..........

How’s the recovery going by the look of the bench well.......this is your rescue cat isn’t it........man he/ she looks happy..........

Phil, thankfully everything is a different coloured plastic. Or at least most of it is. 

I'm on track with my recovery. Saw the cardiologist the week before and the cardiac surgeon this past Thursday. Both said I'm recovering nicely but that wasn't an excuse to over do anything. 

That is indeed Sunny our rescue cat. He's so curious I've had to move stuff around so he doesn't knock things over or break them. There's been a couple casualties already but thankfully I was able to move them to safer ground after making repairs. He's definitely a content cat.

Carl

• Like 2