The Great LSM Twins Group Build ends July 3, 2024 ×

What is on your bench right now ? Share a picture :)

Martinnfb

32 minutes ago, Bill_S said:

Real vernier calipers... you don't see those very often! My dial caliper was stolen; I've gone digital. I use them often.

27 minutes ago, Bomber_County said:

I’m old school to, we had to buy a set for ourselves back when I first started my apprenticeship. Still in the same box and have NEVER been left closed ………

At least those never run out of batteries when you need them :)

Hubert

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

4 hours ago, GazzaS said:

Sorry mate...  no offense

No need to be sorry, I just wanted to point out, that I'm not that kind of idiot to leave such a prominent fingerprint, but idiot enough, to not flatten out the 3D print structure :D.

Seriously, on the finished model the cowling panels will be removed, to have a better look at the Brassin engine. I only wanted to have the panels painted and decaled correctly, that's why they 're on.

Cheers Rob

• Like 5

6 hours ago, Bill_S said:

Carl, You're in Canada - what are you doing using English measurements? Nice stash, by the way. Bill - who at 193 cm would have a tough time in that basement...

Bill, I've used a mishmash of both Metric and Imperial since I first learned measurements. I think it's a Canadian thing. I buy liquids in ml and L, fruits, vegetables and meat in oz and lbs.

Oh and milk here comes in bags ,not bottles. :lol:

AS for height, I'm 178cm and still have to duck in our basement so can only imagine your predicament.

Carl

• Like 4

The Hellcat is save for the moment and was not converted to real flying duties. After calming down a little yesterday, I partly scratched the residues of the HGW wet transfers away. Interestingly the parts which were still on the Hellcat adhered pretty strong. I carefully applied the eyes and mouth over these parts. This was made more difficult, because I had to cut the eye decals, to have the cowling panels removable. Luckily, I found some 3's in my decal stash, which meant I could depict the plane I intended. Today I had some only partly funny hours with the stencils. They were not so far from a E-4 Phantom by the time :icon_eek:.  

IMG_8806.thumb.JPG.e695b9c423babb815541e8999b8a27c4.JPG

IMG_8808.thumb.JPG.2498b30665d8c73188907db5904c67ab.JPG

Cheers Rob

• Like 13

14 hours ago, GusMac said:

Good save Rob. Glad a cool head prevailed. :D

12 hours ago, BlrwestSiR said:

Nice work on the Hellcat. Great to see you pulled it off 

18 minutes ago, Spitfire said:

Nice recovery, it's very satisfying when you can pull one off like that.

Muchas Gracias Amigos, there are some scratches here and there and some paint damages to repair, but it seems the Hellcat will be finished soon. The hardest part was, that a pure pleasure build was spoilt in an unexpected way. I still cannot believe, how god these HGW wet transfers adhere only a millimeter distanced from where I pulled the transfer loose while removing the carrier film with the utmost carefulness.

Cheers Rob

• Like 6

On 5/30/2021 at 1:48 AM, DocRob said:

The Hellcat is save for the moment and was not converted to real flying duties. After calming down a little yesterday, I partly scratched the residues of the HGW wet transfers away. Interestingly the parts which were still on the Hellcat adhered pretty strong. I carefully applied the eyes and mouth over these parts. This was made more difficult, because I had to cut the eye decals, to have the cowling panels removable. Luckily, I found some 3's in my decal stash, which meant I could depict the plane I intended. Today I had some only partly funny hours with the stencils. They were not so far from a E-4 Phantom by the time :icon_eek:.  

IMG_8806.thumb.JPG.e695b9c423babb815541e8999b8a27c4.JPG

IMG_8808.thumb.JPG.2498b30665d8c73188907db5904c67ab.JPG

Cheers Rob

Nice save, Rob!  I hate to see a good model go to waste.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

On my bench you ask? Nothing for a while. I had to stop my PT -76 build due

to the fact that I'm involved in the process of moving. The next month will be hectic

to say the least. But I'll return to modeling once I've settled in. I have a bunch of

1/16 models in my stash including; Trumpeter's T34/76 '43, SU-100, T-72b. Takom 's

Panzer  1 b, Panzer  1a Breda conversion, A few  Ft 17s , A wiesel a1 tow ,and a type 94 

Japanese tankette  late. I want to build something big. So, in a months time maybe.

Thanks;

Paul

• Like 6