Jump to content

What is on your bench right now ? Share a picture :)


Martinnfb
 Share

Recommended Posts

3 hours ago, BlrwestSiR said:

Martin, I bought this years ago from HLJ for around $200. If I hadn't started it back then, it would be worth over $1000 these days. 

Speaking of which, I've been getting the kit assembled between watching the boys. 

PXL_20220102_010920263.thumb.jpg.3e8a374a7c6c48291102eb5ead47dbec.jpg

This quote makes me think of my small WNW stash.  Will it go up in value?  Or will the molds all-of-a-sudden reappear in the People's Republic?  Will I ever REALLY need the money I'd get from selling?  But in all honesty...   I'd rather build them than have them as some kind of financial back-up.

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, GazzaS said:

This quote makes me think of my small WNW stash.  Will it go up in value?  Or will the molds all-of-a-sudden reappear in the People's Republic?  Will I ever REALLY need the money I'd get from selling?  But in all honesty...   I'd rather build them than have them as some kind of financial back-up.

Well I think they would hold their value for the most part. I mean Meng acquired the Dr 1 molds and managed to take things down a notch, and maybe Border did a great job. Just depends I guess. 

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, GazzaS said:

But in all honesty...   I'd rather build them than have them as some kind of financial back-up.

Same here. That's why I still plan to build the couple Fisher kits I have in the stash. 

Carl

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

IMG_20220103_202947.thumb.jpg.8df32b09b32750d70f588919cc4db05d.jpg

Got this as a Crimbo present from the in-laws and having not built a helo since the Airfix braille scale Gazelle 40 years ago thought I'd crack straight into it while I watch endless videos of how to paint NMF for the P-47D. It's the Revell UH-1C which I believe is a rebox of an MDC/Academy kit. It's OOB with no fancy touches, I'm just going for a quick finish.

407336684_IMG_20220103_202954(1).thumb.jpg.c3762a2e9b2f8559130b0d314d7e3282.jpg

IMG_20220103_203013.thumb.jpg.deca09bdb89f64abab9c0a99df798592.jpg

Used the kit decal for this and I'm pleasantly surprised at how well it came out with just some Microsol.

IMG_20220103_204821.thumb.jpg.14c56d6ed78bb327e7dd17e9a66c19f8.jpg

IMG_20220103_204835.thumb.jpg.03e40f17e0ea4566b9ba94155afd03c6.jpg

Fuselage goes together next which might be fun. Looks like it'll be hard to deal with the seams and maintain the nice raised rivet detail.

  • Like 7
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, GusMac said:

IMG_20220103_202947.thumb.jpg.8df32b09b32750d70f588919cc4db05d.jpg

Got this as a Crimbo present from the in-laws and having not built a helo since the Airfix braille scale Gazelle 40 years ago thought I'd crack straight into it while I watch endless videos of how to paint NMF for the P-47D. It's the Revell UH-1C which I believe is a rebox of an MDC/Academy kit. It's OOB with no fancy touches, I'm just going for a quick finish.

407336684_IMG_20220103_202954(1).thumb.jpg.c3762a2e9b2f8559130b0d314d7e3282.jpg

IMG_20220103_203013.thumb.jpg.deca09bdb89f64abab9c0a99df798592.jpg

Used the kit decal for this and I'm pleasantly surprised at how well it came out with just some Microsol.

IMG_20220103_204821.thumb.jpg.14c56d6ed78bb327e7dd17e9a66c19f8.jpg

IMG_20220103_204835.thumb.jpg.03e40f17e0ea4566b9ba94155afd03c6.jpg

Fuselage goes together next which might be fun. Looks like it'll be hard to deal with the seams and maintain the nice raised rivet detail.

Nice, very iconic machine. To repair raised rivets could be challenging, but as they say “ who dares, wins”

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, GusMac said:

IMG_20220103_202947.thumb.jpg.8df32b09b32750d70f588919cc4db05d.jpg

Got this as a Crimbo present from the in-laws and having not built a helo since the Airfix braille scale Gazelle 40 years ago thought I'd crack straight into it while I watch endless videos of how to paint NMF for the P-47D. It's the Revell UH-1C which I believe is a rebox of an MDC/Academy kit. It's OOB with no fancy touches, I'm just going for a quick finish.

407336684_IMG_20220103_202954(1).thumb.jpg.c3762a2e9b2f8559130b0d314d7e3282.jpg

IMG_20220103_203013.thumb.jpg.deca09bdb89f64abab9c0a99df798592.jpg

Used the kit decal for this and I'm pleasantly surprised at how well it came out with just some Microsol.

IMG_20220103_204821.thumb.jpg.14c56d6ed78bb327e7dd17e9a66c19f8.jpg

IMG_20220103_204835.thumb.jpg.03e40f17e0ea4566b9ba94155afd03c6.jpg

Fuselage goes together next which might be fun. Looks like it'll be hard to deal with the seams and maintain the nice raised rivet detail.

Looks great there Gus. Built one of these a few years ago. OOB is the way to go. 

Carl

  • Like 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 1/2/2022 at 7:00 AM, GazzaS said:

This quote makes me think of my small WNW stash.  Will it go up in value?  Or will the molds all-of-a-sudden reappear in the People's Republic?  Will I ever REALLY need the money I'd get from selling?  But in all honesty...   I'd rather build them than have them as some kind of financial back-up.

I never thought about the value of my kits. I buy them to build them and even when I know, that some will never be built, I would not sell them. I bought them for a purpose, had an idea, how to finish them. I guess, I'm kind of a hoarder.
It's the same with my vinyl's, I sometimes I look for the raise of their prices, specially the rare ones, but would never sell one, because I bought them for their real purpose, to be heard.

Cheers Rob

  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, DocRob said:

I never thought about the value of my kits. I buy them to build them and even when I know, that some will never be built, I would not sell them. I bought them for a purpose, had an idea, how to finish them. I guess, I'm kind of a hoarder.
It's the same with my vinyl's, I sometimes I look for the raise of their prices, specially the rare ones, but would never sell one, because I bought them for their real purpose, to be heard.

Cheers Rob

Same here Rob. I get a kit because I want to build it. Their subsequent value is less of an issue since more often than not, they go down down in value rather than up. 

Carl

  • Like 5
Link to comment
Share on other sites

43 minutes ago, BlrwestSiR said:

Same here Rob. I get a kit because I want to build it. Their subsequent value is less of an issue since more often than not, they go down down in value rather than up. 

Same as you guys, wonder how many “investors” ever make money? There used to be a guy here and where were before, built a purpose built shed to store them in. Ironically it was far to small in the end. Never built anything to my knowledge…..each to their own……

  • Like 1
  • Haha 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Same as the rest of you. Have every intention of building them. Ad Rob, when I retired I had a record collection of about 1500albums.  I had to sell them because we couldn't take them. Besides I had no room to store e them. Broke my heart. Plus I only got about .50cents apiece for them 🥺.....harv

  • Like 3
  • Haha 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Harv, I'm a bit astonished about 15 albums been called a collection and I'm a bit confused about your total living space, when 15 albums take too much space.
Like a modelling stash, 15 signifies a few random items, not a collection :D.
A broken heart because of the space equivalent of two pizza boxes sounds like a bad deal to me. I promise you, you will buy a turntable soon and weep for the lost vinyl.

Cheers Rob

  • Like 1
  • Haha 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...