The Great LSM Twins Group Build ends July 3, 2024 ×

What is on your bench right now ? Share a picture :)

Martinnfb

On 3/12/2019 at 6:58 AM, BlrwestSiR said:

That is one wet kitty. 

All I've got to contend with is ours getting covered in plastic shavings since she's in my lap when I'm at the bench. 

Carl

I use to have a soft spot for wet pussy, but things have changed after marriage a lot. wait , what ?!

• Like 5

On ‎3‎/‎15‎/‎2019 at 2:50 PM, Martinnfb said:

I use to have a soft spot for wet pussy, but things have changed after marriage a lot. wait , what ?!

Hehe yep been part of that club for 27 years..... :)

Ryan

• Like 3

7 hours ago, Bomber_County said:

Ryan, stunning redo, what’s the secret.......please........

It's shockingly easy....you apply oils as usual with oil paint graining. Once that application is done, wipe away the oils in the direction of your desired grain. The last part is the magic maker...using a very wide clean soft brush you lightly drag and tamp down the grain to get the effect. There is a little of stipple involved too, but once you begin it's very intuitive.

I also detailed the floor board today with some wood graining on the hardwood planks at the front of the part. If you are going to attempt hand graining, oil by far is the way to go. All it needs now is few days to dry, the clear coat and washes to tie it all together.

46491187845_a879f4e495_b.jpgDH9 by The 3rd Placer, on Flickr

47406491691_648d13f41d_b.jpgDH9 by The 3rd Placer, on Flickr

Thanks everyone for the comments.

Ryan

• Like 10

1 hour ago, BlrwestSiR said:

Guess what's made it back onto the bench?

IMG_20190317_215649-L.jpg

Yup, a big ol' pile of wings. I'm not going to make the deadline for the HK group build but really should try to get something finished. 

Carl

The cat?

• Like 4

12 hours ago, Ryan said:

I also detailed the floor board today with some wood graining on the hardwood planks at the front of the part

That looks so convincing, that I thought you would have to use a saw, nails and white glue to assemble not a Xacto and plastic glue, great.

Cheers Rob

• Like 3

1 hour ago, DocRob said:

That looks so convincing, that I thought you would have to use a saw, nails and white glue to assemble not a Xacto and plastic glue, great.

Cheers Rob

That may have been easier!

• Like 4

An old build being reworked.  I was always happy with my Spitfire, but it was way to clean.  I tried a new weathering product on my Mig, and thought I may be able to go back and rework my Spit.  Sure enough,  it works a charm.  Just 1 wing done so far. 

20190318_074232.jpg

• Like 6

Well, looks like I'm going to have less space on my bench as the Mossies from Martin have arrived. The boys were helping me in the kitchen after school today so they'll get them tomorrow and then the plastic can start to fly!

Thanks again Martin for the great gift. 

Carl

• Like 4

8 hours ago, BlrwestSiR said:

Well, looks like I'm going to have less space on my bench as the Mossies from Martin have arrived. The boys were helping me in the kitchen after school today so they'll get them tomorrow and then the plastic can start to fly!

Thanks again Martin for the great gift. 

Carl

With pleasure, thats awesome, just in time for the spring break :)

• Like 2

38 minutes ago, Ryan said:

Good luck Carl, I tried with my boy, but he's a sports kid and wants nothing to do with kits. :)

I think I've got the youngest interested. He was upset he couldn't pick up a kit at the hobby shop the last time we were there. I told him to finish one of the kits he'd already started first. I know I was irresponsible since how else is he supposed to build a stash up. :D

• Like 2