Welcome to Large Scale Modeller: The home of the large scale military model builder. 

Martinnfb

What is on your bench right now ? Share a picture :)

16 hours ago, Ryan said:

Nice and smooth Phil!

Thanks Ryan, I only use Vallejo Air now so I can spray inside........

• Like 3

I love using those Phil.

In my experience the only thing to watch out for is a dry needle tip, I use a q tip to clean it periodically while i'm spraying.

• Like 3

14 hours ago, BlrwestSiR said:

Even zoomed in, I'd say that part looks amazing Ryan. So to me it's worth it.

Carl

Yes thanks, that is the true test ehh. :)

• Like 3

15 hours ago, Ryan said:

I love using those Phil.

In my experience the only thing to watch out for is a dry needle tip, I use a q tip to clean it periodically while i'm spraying.

Have you tried using both their thinner (retarder in it) and a few drops of flow improver? I found that you get more time between q-tip needle cleanings.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, 1to1scale said:

Have you tried using both their thinner (retarder in it) and a few drops of flow improver? I found that you get more time between q-tip needle cleanings.

If you want to avoid a gruesome cleaning session of your airbrush, test mixing with retarding thinner in a jar first. All my tests with Valejo Air and Mr. Leveling thinner went into a tar like lump. The thinner worked with some AK acrylics but there were others which were unusable.

Cheers Rob

• Like 2

6 hours ago, 1to1scale said:

In this video flow retarder and flow improver are mixed with Alcohol and water for a homebrew thinner. I have got the ingredients, hope to try this weekend.

Cheers

Kev

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I use just a couple of drops of their retardant and works perfectly. Very rarely use the thinner..........

• Like 2

9 hours ago, 1to1scale said:

Thanks for the tip.

• Like 2

Vallejo acrylic paint doesn't work with alcohol because it is a true water based acrylic paint, not a lacquer based acrylic paint like tamiya or others. If you use anything other then there thinner or distilled water you will end up with a gooey mess. 

There flow improver and flow retarder work very well. I only use there retarder when brush painting, but there flow improver works great when you add a few drops to your airbrush when spraying.

Ron G 

• Like 2

6 hours ago, CrankyCrafstman said:

Vallejo acrylic paint doesn't work with alcohol because it is a true water based acrylic paint, not a lacquer based acrylic paint like tamiya or others. If you use anything other then there thinner or distilled water you will end up with a gooey mess. 

There flow improver and flow retarder work very well. I only use there retarder when brush painting, but there flow improver works great when you add a few drops to your airbrush when spraying.

Ron G 

Yes, definitely no alcohol, it makes Vallejo coagulate and you will have hours of fun cleaning your airbrush. If that ever happens, you have no choice but to tear it down. I learned that the hard way with MIG and Ammo by Mig paints, one is alcohol based the other is just like Vallejo. To this day I still forget which is which.

• Like 2

Been extraordinarily busy as of late, but there has been a bit of progress on my bench.  After this I'll be taking a break from big complicated builds and putting together a few Hasegawa kits to remember the fun of just building for fun.

20200213_141721.jpg

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

Hi Folks!

Here are some pics of the continuing work on the M1A1HA Abrams with T.U.S.K. I mods.

This is the Loader's Armored Gun Station, (LAGS)

kHOtcMQ.jpg

IPCpXZH.jpg

mckV0XV.jpg

ifgEPBc.jpg

zVwsMAb.jpg

nRR3qB5.jpg

TTFN

Barry

• Like 10
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Barry said:

This is the Loader's Armored Gun Station, (LAGS)

Amazing detail work and soldering :respect:

Cheers Rob

• Like 3

Geeeez, awesome detail my friend!!......harv :popcorn:

• Like 2

Spectacular work Barry!

• Like 2

Thanks Gents,

I try hard to model what I see, it's challenges the "little gray cells"!

Barry

• Like 5

24 minutes ago, Barry said:

Thanks Gents,

I try hard to model what I see, it's challenges the "little gray cells"!

Barry

Do tell, do tell....harv

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Bomber_County said:

Barry, absolutely stunning, please do not tell me this is 1/35, if so wow..........

Hi Phil,

The model is 1/16 scale and Radio Controlled. I have found that the scale is great for adding even the smallest of details.

Barry

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Here  are some pics of the Tank Commander's Cupola and M2 50cal. Mount, The mount is standard fair on the M1A1 with the addition of the Thermal Imager/Sight.

EYxgj21.jpg

tWhbGnT.jpg

9JkIhsQ.jpg

8EJacsB.jpg

gMEZjeO.jpg

FcVwhFd.jpg

wrRasLt.jpg

qTwqv15.jpg

TAFN,

Barry

• Like 5