Jump to content

Welcome to Large Scale Modeller: The home of the large scale military model builder. 

Martinnfb

What is on your bench right now ? Share a picture :)

Recommended Posts

yes indeed, HpH La-7 or whatever is left of it :)

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

What is not on my bench right now. Trumpeter Bearcat!!! So long and thanks for all the fish, or bats or whatever.   Aaargh

 

capital waste of time, money and human potential 

image.jpg

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Martinnfb said:

What is not on my bench right now. Trumpeter Bearcat!!! So long and thanks for all the fish, or bats or whatever.   Aaargh

 

capital waste of time, money and human potential 

image.jpg

What's wrong widdit?  Being Trumpy, there are so many options.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

What was on my bench...  is now off!

2STWa6.jpg

b1xzqW.jpg

UzWiEn.jpg

W9rplQ.jpg

BmNprD.jpg

wirVhI.jpg

 

  • Like 11

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well guys, I don't like to promote this destructive attitude, But I have been working on it for a while, correcting cowling, engine panels etc. Collecting aftermarket as I could. Today I pulled it out from SOD and glued the resin undercarriage bays in. The plastic somehow become brittle and unresponsive to Tamiya Super thin glue so I used epoxy instead. Then I realized that the leading edge is too thick with a look of a hammerhead shark. NO I want to enjoy this hobby, just give me vacuform kit as long as it has basic proportions in check. This was disaster . Hundreds of dollars and disappointment . F'em

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Martinnfb said:

Well guys, I don't like to promote this destructive attitude, But I have been working on it for a while, correcting cowling, engine panels etc. Collecting aftermarket as I could. Today I pulled it out from SOD and glued the resin undercarriage bays in. The plastic somehow become brittle and unresponsive to Tamiya Super thin glue so I used epoxy instead. Then I realized that the leading edge is too thick with a look of a hammerhead shark. NO I want to enjoy this hobby, just give me vacuform kit as long as it has basic proportions in check. This was disaster . Hundreds of dollars and disappointment . F'em

I have three Trumpy kits.  One armor and two aircraft.  Both aircraft were too disappointing to put a lot of work into.  Life is too short to spend fixing junk.

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I don’t think I’ve binned a kit, got very close with the SH Tempest but did finish it in the end, must put it in Finished projects......

  • Like 7

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

For good or bad, I have binned my fair share of kits. Either total loss of interest, gotten in Wayyyyyy over my head or just plain FUBAR'ed, whether or not of my own volition. 

It takes a lot though before I reach that point. Used to be half my stash was builds on long term hiatus. I still have one that I started back in '92. 

Carl

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/8/2020 at 12:21 AM, GazzaS said:

What was on my bench...  is now off!

Very nice 262 Gaz? What kit is it? The new Revell one?

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
38 minutes ago, BlrwestSiR said:

Very nice 262 Gaz? What kit is it? The new Revell one?

Thank you!  That is the 1978 mouldings in a 2005 box...  1/48 scale.   I wouldn't wish it on any one.  If I do another in this scale, it'll be Tamiya.   When I bought it I saw the 2005 box (this was three years ago) and thought I was getting a new kit.  I hadn't heard of Scalemates at the time.

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Drilling out the instrument cavities on the Ki-45 main panel. Zoukei Mura provide three of these for both variants in the box, so should I stuff it up no harm done.

I have a cunning plan...

IMG_20200510_141847.thumb.jpg.51c0ae7dde80e3808d15e8dfb7bb7cf9.jpg

S

  • Like 9

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Wumm said:

I have a cunning plan...

Don't over-Baldrick here :rofl:. I use a triangular shaper for pre drilled holes, where you don't have the fitting drill bit.

Cheers Rob

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My Revell Lynx has stalled for now, to reignite my mojo I am going to build these

IMG_5150.thumb.jpeg.a73776fd7138d2c32eb34b12bad58197.jpeg

I have got everything washed and primed so good to go. I also have a few after market goodies on the way. Debating with the jeep as to Africa or European theatre. 

Cheers

Kev

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

W.29 cockpit parts.

DSCN2340-1.jpg

DSCN2341-1.jpg

Waiting on the oils to dry...

  • Like 9
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Fake wood, glorious fake wood!

 

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

W.29 and Roland D.VIb woodgrain is finally done.

DSCN2342-1.jpg

  • Like 8

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/9/2020 at 11:22 PM, Wumm said:

Drilling out the instrument cavities on the Ki-45 main panel. Zoukei Mura provide three of these for both variants in the box, so should I stuff it up no harm done.

I have a cunning plan...

IMG_20200510_141847.thumb.jpg.51c0ae7dde80e3808d15e8dfb7bb7cf9.jpg

S

OH BOY!!!   Wumm, a couple of us here off site were talking about the Ki-45 and how we need to stick a few together. I built the pair of engines. That's as far as I got. For now.

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It is a slow burn...

I don't have much spare time for the Hobby at the moment, and it's a kit that demands respect; both due to it's complexity and monetary value. I see a few WIP's around on the 'web, and most builds have the cockpit area as a bland coverage of a sandy RLM79-type colour, devoid of any shade or highlights. My research points towards more of a Green O/D colour for the middle production machines, in a cockpit that has only a partially sealed bulkhead between it and the nose guns up front.

The Yahu instrument panel looks very nice for this kit; but with an abundance of I/P options provided by Z/M I'm seeing if I can do something a little creative before I splash another $20 on what is already a $250 kit in this neck of the Woods.

S

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

1x Roden Albatros D.I, 1x Wingnut Wings Albatros D.V and 2x Wingnut Wings Albatros D-Va at the same time.

IMG_5812.JPG

IMG_4390.JPG

IMG_4392.JPG

IMG_6011.JPG

IMG_5270.JPG

sigpi18.JPG

IMG_5718.JPG

IMG_4380.JPG

IMG_4430.JPG

IMG_5781.JPG

  • Like 10
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Umlaufmotor said:

1x Roden Albatros D.I, 1x Wingnut Wings Albatros D.V and 2x Wingnut Wings Albatros D-Va at the same time.

#&££&*4#+&/;`hg&.   ........me..........   That’s Good...........

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Also on the workbench, Wingnut Wings LVG C.VI Started years ago, no end in sight.

IMG_1290.JPG

Tank62.JPG

Tank63.JPG

Tank64.JPG

Tank65.JPG

IMG_7519.JPG

IMG_1159.JPG

IMG_1175.JPG

IMG_8731.JPG

IMG_4964.JPG

  • Like 10

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Clunkmeister said:

OH BOY!!!   Wumm, a couple of us here off site were talking about the Ki-45 and how we need to stick a few together. I built the pair of engines. That's as far as I got. For now.

I'm on the fence with the Ki-45 buy my LHS has one in stock and I'm really tempted to grab it to support them if nothing else as they've been closed since the end of March. 

Carl

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...