The Great LSM Twins Group Build ends July 3, 2024 ×

What is on your bench right now ? Share a picture :)

Martinnfb

2 hours ago, GazzaS said:

More of this Fokker:

Your Fokker looks brilliant. The different camo pattern and beautiful paintwork makes it stand out. When I'm grown up from my 48 scale SSW's, I might stat one soon, or more likely a Hansa Brandenburg.
I hope you post some pics of the finished Fokker.

Cheers Rob 

• Like 4

9 hours ago, DocRob said:

Your Fokker looks brilliant. The different camo pattern and beautiful paintwork makes it stand out. When I'm grown up from my 48 scale SSW's, I might stat one soon, or more likely a Hansa Brandenburg.
I hope you post some pics of the finished Fokker.

Cheers Rob 

Thank you, Rob!  I have a Hansa Brandenburg by WNW.  Unfortunately, the color schemes are rather dull.  Lozenge for the flying surfaces, and a few small markings on a few individual machines.  Even the famed Christiansen only has a stripe with a diamond and an initial.  I've been considering fantasy markings.

• Like 5

18 hours ago, Bill_S said:

Outstanding, Gaz! I have lots of trouble getting the edges of lozenge decals to sit right - you've got it mastered!

Thank you, Bill.  Once positioned and smoothed down, I hit the edges with a hair dryer, and they snug down pretty good,  Its easy to blister them, though.  And the blisters do not like to go down  I let them rest overnight, then I use Mr. Mark Softer get any other edges which haven't behaved to where I want them.  WNW's helpful hints say not to use any decal softener period, but that doesn't work for me...  I just get more blisters.

8 hours ago, Jeff said:

The GUNS are awesome! The leather, and the prop...... holy...............not to mention the lozenge, and the subtle weathering of the cowl panels.....

Thank you, Jeff!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

No pics but the other day we got a month's worth of rain in 30 minutes. As a result, we had a minor flood in our basement. Our house is crooked so the floor slopes 13" from the front to the back. As a result, I had a river run through my work area for a bit. So I had to put everything on my bench and move the rest out of the way. Our basement is mostly unfinished so what didn't drain away I used a Shop Vac to clear up (about a gallon total). The rug I have down for my dog was drenched though so that's outside drying in our 40° heat.  I should be back up and running this weekend. 

Carl

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, BlrwestSiR said:

No pics but the other day we got a month's worth of rain in 30 minutes. As a result, we had a minor flood in our basement. Our house is crooked so the floor slopes 13" from the front to the back. As a result, I had a river run through my work area for a bit. So I had to put everything on my bench and move the rest out of the way. Our basement is mostly unfinished so what didn't drain away I used a Shop Vac to clear up (about a gallon total). The rug I have down for my dog was drenched though so that's outside drying in our 40° heat.  I should be back up and running this weekend. 

Carl

That SUCKS, Carl !  we saw that on the news !!!..... glad everything survived and no lasting damage......

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Jeff said:

That SUCKS, Carl !  we saw that on the news !!!..... glad everything survived and no lasting damage......

Thanks Jeff! No permanent damage. The basement is all concrete so no drywall to worry about either. Most of my stuff is off the floor for that very reason. 

We've gotten used to it. The problem is our house was built in 1894 and it's settled crooked. So part of the foundation wall at the back ends below ground. So when the water pools at the back, it comes over the top of the wall and into the basement.

We've made a few changes outside the house to help mitigate the situation and it's worked until all the rain the other day. The laneway behind our house flooded too but we weren't impacted by that. The kids had fun though. 

• Like 2

1894!? Wow that's cool, some history there Pal.... have you ever looked into the history of your house?? kind of rare for Canada I would say to have a house that old and still in use...... I bet the place has character.......

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

24 minutes ago, Jeff said:

1894!? Wow that's cool, some history there Pal.... have you ever looked into the history of your house?? kind of rare for Canada I would say to have a house that old and still in use...... I bet the place has character.......

We have a bit. We're the middle of 4 row houses and they were the first homes built on the street. Their original use was as hotels for the horseracing track that existed here originally. 

By hotels, they were ones where the rooms were rented by the hour. :lol:

There's a historical plaque at the end of our street with more details about the racetrack itself. I'll try to grab a pic of it the next time I'm walking the dog. 

When my sister lived in Paris, her walk up apartment was over 400 years old. It was around the corner from La Bastille so I can only imagine the history of her old building. 

• Like 3

6 hours ago, BlrwestSiR said:

Carl

Wow!  That is amazingly bad.  I'm glad there's no permanent damage.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Good to hear, that you spoilt the thread title 'what is on your bench' this time :D. Glad to hear, there is no permanent damage with that flood in your house.

15 hours ago, BlrwestSiR said:

By hotels, they were ones where the rooms were rented by the hour. :lol:

Some years ago I visited a ghost town in Arizona, called Bodie, if I remember right. The only mostly undamaged structure was the former brothel, which was the only building made from brick. Always look for the core businesses :rofl:.

Cheers Rob

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1