The Great LSM Twins Group Build ends July 3, 2024 ×

What is on your bench right now ? Share a picture :)

Martinnfb

13 hours ago, DocRob said:

Looks like one of the better maintained Greek ones :D (Have they had Mig's?). Looks fantastic and nice save to an otherwise struggled project.

Cheers Rob

Yeah, the Greeks don't like to waste water on things like washing the aircraft! Ha :D

• Like 3

Wow Carl can't believe those two sleeping there so peacefully.

Our two Jack Russell's used to torment the poor bloody cat. One would eat it's food and the other would try and eat it! Cat eventually went blind so she lived upstairs and the dogs were kept downstairs. She lived to twenty so not a bad innings. Do miss her but won't be getting another cat until the dogs are gone.

• Like 4

Gus, thankfully Zoe has always gotten along with cats. Even before I had cats.  The cats came with Sue.  Our other cat is the Alpha in the house and it's always funny to watch Zoe defer to Fursnake. Sunny is a much more cuddly cat and likes sleeping with Zoe.

• Like 5

Well, I finally finished something.  Or at least I'm almost there. I just have to decide on the gun barrel. If I use a later two piece barrel, I'll still need to camouflage the tank. It'll end up looking closer to the one I built previously. 

PXL_20201115_035125183.thumb.jpg.9e201adc6973e276db3d916192ca53bd.jpg

Or I can use the earlier single piece barrel and leave it in the dunkelgelb its currently finished in. 

PXL_20201115_035202994.thumb.jpg.8ac83dfbe9f9477458aeb005b205b783.jpg

I'm leaning towards this option as it'll look different from the other one and we'll, I'll be pretty much done. 

• Like 8

And all done on the Jagdkitty:

PXL_20201117_211707543.thumb.jpg.014ab40503934b2bf8bc0e64c1e98645.jpg

9 hours ago, Bomber_County said:

Carl, I’d forgotten about the rail flat.........now time to enlarge it and add more .......

I think I'm good with the one railcar. Made for a different presentation.

Unless of course, these were delivered by railcar...

PXL_20201117_212145530.thumb.jpg.079c2f29ac5cef6e932fcdfa852d93be.jpg

Yup, it's also 1/35.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, BlrwestSiR said:

And all done on the Jagdkitty:

PXL_20201117_211707543.thumb.jpg.014ab40503934b2bf8bc0e64c1e98645.jpg

I think I'm good with the one railcar. Made for a different presentation.

Unless of course, these were delivered by railcar...

PXL_20201117_212145530.thumb.jpg.079c2f29ac5cef6e932fcdfa852d93be.jpg

Yup, it's also 1/35.

Carl, what's that beast in the background?

• Like 6

The wings on the W.29 have been fighting me all the way. HGW lozenge decals were a disaster. I liked the colors, but they come in small(ish) strips that make it very difficult to match patterns. Aviattics were better - and they came in a full sheet. Then bad crosses, then bubbling paint.

I have determined that Mr. Leveling Thinner is a very effective paint remover.

DSCN2486-1.jpg

It took off enamels and the Tamiya white primer I used.

There is a seam on the underside of each wing; it didn't fill as well as I had thought, so I'm going to give that another treatment too.

DSCN2488-1.jpg

New Aviattic lozenge decals are on order - maybe I can get the underside painted before they arrive next week!

• Like 5

8 hours ago, Bill_S said:

The wings on the W.29 have been fighting me all the way.

That is bad news Bill, but you will stay out of trouble with the Aviatic's. They are great to work with and you hear that from me, for whom decaling is always the worst nightmare. I used Tamiya gloss white as basecoat and Tamiya smoke for pre shading.

As there definitely is a decal curse, I had some trouble with the WNW crosses as well and finally I had to glue them on partly with Pledge, because they were lifting in parts.

As you go for the Aviatic decals, you could also try their linen stuff, which looks great for the lower wing sides.

Cheers Rob

• Like 5