The Great LSM Twins Group Build ends July 3, 2024 ×

What is on your bench right now ? Share a picture :)

Martinnfb

Working away slowly on the Stratos. It's an older kit so fit isn't perfect but I'm enjoying it. 

PXL_20201202_205858197.thumb.jpg.89fba8aacdd88ce0eab660138123ba6a.jpg

The engine block was done the first time I started on the kit. I've since cleaned up a bunch of the seams and mould parting lines. 

PXL_20201202_205731753.thumb.jpg.da70853abf72298b50cf31ab7357601c.jpg

Here's the central tub dry fit together. The chassis definitely needs help with alignment.

• Like 8

On 12/1/2020 at 12:47 AM, Bill_S said:

Thanks, Carl. Actually, there is frisket film right by the fuselage; the saran is just there to prevent overspray on the wings.

You are a braver man than me putting anything sticky near those wing decals.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Bill_S said:

Gaz, There are several clear coats over the lozenge, and frisket film is only barely sticky...

DSCN2500-1.jpg

DSCN2501-1.jpg

The frisket I have is dangerously sticky.  I can;t think of anything to do with it.  Glad yours came off clean.

• Like 2

12 hours ago, BlrwestSiR said:

Finally got a piece of wood to make a base for the Jagdpanther and railcar

Carl, absolutely stunning. The King Tigers and I think Tigers had transportation tracks on due to the oversail of the track when on standard railcar,  is the Jagd the same?..

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Bomber_County said:

Carl, absolutely stunning. The King Tigers and I think Tigers had transportation tracks on due to the oversail of the track when on standard railcar,  is the Jagd the same?..

Thanks Phil! The Panther and Jagdpanther didn't use narrower transport tracks the way the Tigers did. They just hung over the sides a bit in  the pics I've seen. 

Carl

• Like 3

On 11/28/2020 at 7:57 AM, Bomber_County said:

So in rigging the Camel I broke every 0.3mm drill trying to clean the rod turnbuckles........so have to order some more.............so this is the bench.......

AA30BD49-5A49-4605-82AE-450C4B641A18.thumb.jpeg.7aefc7d94b0e582095f9fa18cc55b885.jpeg

Love a clean workstation - doesn't stay that way for very long!

Noticed the ship on the edge.  What is it?  Looks interesting...

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Landlubber Mike said:

Love a clean workstation - doesn't stay that way for very long!

Noticed the ship on the edge.  What is it?  Looks interesting...

That’s Tamiya King George V in 1/350.......I added the White Ensign PE to it plus all metal barrels, I dabble now and again, some very tiny PE to manipulate.......

• Like 5

2 hours ago, Bomber_County said:

That’s Tamiya King George V in 1/350.......I added the White Ensign PE to it plus all metal barrels, I dabble now and again, some very tiny PE to manipulate.......

That's a nice looking ship!  When I got back into models, I started with wooden kits because I didn't like the old insert tab A into slot B and paint by hand with those tiny Testor's enamel bottles.  Then I found out about how much things have changed in the last 30 years with PE, airbrushes, etc.  Now I've got a few in the stash (mostly IJN WWII ships).  I'm working on a 1/700 IJN destroyer at the moment with a full PE set that is doing its best to make me go blind or crazy or both. 

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

• Administrators

Mike, I’m the reverse of you!  I stayed away from wood ship models because of my limited wood skills, the crappy kits that were out, and the preference toward aircraft. 

Now, with the new breed of ship model companies like Vanguard Models, I’ve completely embraced 1/64 wooden sailing ship models. They’re a pleasure to build!

• Like 6

8 hours ago, Clunkmeister said:

Spent a couple hours setting up a new riflescope and doing a boresight with a laser. Does that count as bench time? 

It all depends...  are you gonna do a 1/1 scale diorama with you, your dog, rifle, and recently deceased game animal?

Special note...  ensure rifle is unloaded before putting it and dog in the diorama.  It occasionally happens during deer season that some hunter is shot by his dog. 

...True story!

• Haha 4

• Administrators
46 minutes ago, GazzaS said:

Very impressive looking weapon, Ern!

It’s a competition rifle. Not much good for much else but ringing the dinner bell from a mile away. 

The bullets are shaped go fly straight, not tumble, and to stay supersonic for a very long distance. 

It would be absolutely useless as a weapon of war. But to allow one to hit very small targets from a very long distance away, it does an absolutely perfect job. 

• Like 5