Welcome to Large Scale Modeller: The home of the large scale military model builder. 

CrankyCrafstman

PBJ-1 "devil dog " straffer

Hey guys

This will be my next project after I finish my A6M2b Zero. I kind of started this a couple of years ago but I ended up having to go in to the hospital for a liver transplant so it got shelved. So I'm going to try and finish it. I have the Brazin wheels/tires, Profimodeller brass gun barrels,    G-factor landing gear and kits-world devil dog decals. I'm thinking about the Eduard or Yahoo's instrument panel. Any suggestions on other stuff will be greatly appreciated.

s-l400.jpgthis is the kit.

b25-4486758-6.jpgthis is the plane I'm going to do.are the decals.

10240684.jpg

These are the decals. Going to have to get an extra bottle of glossy dark sea blue.:):construction:

• Like 7

Cool! 

I've got a pair of these under construction at the moment. They're in the HK group build section. You may want to consider the Eduard corrected seats as well. HGW also has them in a set with their fabric seat belts if you want add those as well. Last thing would be nose weights. There's a couple sets out there or you can make your own. I used pennies in one of mine as they're no longer legal tender here in Canada. 

Carl

• Like 3

Awesome choice!  

I’ve been picking away at a PBJ-1H for well over a year now. So it’s nice to see another Marine bird. 

I made the mistake of deciding to use almost every single piece of PE known to man, so I power out often and the project stalls again. 

I’ll be following this and hopefully I’ll get my mojo back too.

• Like 4

Thanks Clunky 

This will be awhile in the making still collecting stuff for the build and I need to finish the Zero.

Ron G 

• Like 4

I will be lurking in the background with interest Ron. Great choice.

Cheers

Martin

• Like 2

Be careful with the PE, Ron. that stuff sucks the life right out of a man

• Like 3

I’m really drifting away from lots of AM for projects, Ernie's right they can stall a project very quickly..........

• Like 4

My PBJ-H needs PE. The waist guns are open with no glass. You really need to add to it in there

• Like 2

I'm pretty sure Am is classified as a disease these days.

I've followed Carl's double build and Ernie's build from their start and they both are brilliant builds - well worth reading and taking loads of notes

Peter

• Like 1

This is cool!  I didn't know the Marines flew anything bigger than Corsairs during WWII.

Gaz