Welcome to Large Scale Modeller: The home of the large scale military model builder. 

ScottsGT

F-16 SUFA converted to SCANG bird

Requires a paid subscription to his website.  I joined to watch, the found out it requires an upgrade.  Oh well, I’ll muddle through it.  

• Like 2

I figured out the pivot points on the main gear last night.  Simply used my razor saw and cut the end off, turned it a few degrees and re-glued it.  For the little bracket that forces the pivot when retracting, that was a little tricky. I had to cut the part in two at the joint and add them to the legs one piece at a time.

Tonight (hopefully) I'll work on the locking arm that now has to be in a folded position.  I'm not making mine as far up in the wheel wells as the ones in the pics posted.  Slicing these "microscopic" parts and repositioning them is really trying my patience and the arthritis in my hand! My Pana-Vise has really paid off with this build. 

Forgot to get pics last night during the process.  I'll get some and update the thread this evening.

• Like 3

Picture time!  

Here's my modified gear legs.

PUAqT6.jpg

Locking arms separated.

OUmEbt.jpg

End of locking are pin out of box

1x9QFR.jpg

Modified for new angle

cTMsMQ.jpg

• Like 4

Nice work on such a fiddly job. :notworthy:

• Like 2

We have primer!  

qcGmn8.jpg

Then I realized the kit came a left hand sniper pod and I need a right hand,  so had to place an order with Sprue Brothers.  

• Like 3