The Great LSM Twins Group Build ends July 3, 2024 ×

Build BEAUFIGHTER they said, it's FUN they said :)

I don't know guys, after second bottle of Rachael's Prosecco everything is sublime ....and thank you .... I think that the meaning of life is about choosing the right drug.  Not sure if it makes d\any sense in this language, but that's ok    ... on the other hand I shouldn't  be writing stuff 

• Like 3

Thank You for the kind words gentleman, in terms of the paint .Well it is simple one colour cramped /dark spot, what airbrush can't reach, your eye won't see. :) 

The filler is drying on the oil cooler assemblies, so here is one nice motivational picture with some decent detail from this area .

Armourers_of_No_89_Squadron_RAF_installing_a_303_Browning_machine_gun_in_the_wing_of_a_Bristol_Beaufighter_Mk_VIF_at_Castel_Benito_Libya.jpg.57d38ac3b14e692cfca6d67319665a44.jpg

• Like 5

Than you Carl, Revell is the only game in town of course  and there are many, many places that are in need of improvement . I am trying to address only the most apparent ones.

For instance the fairing in front of the observer's canopy

rvl04889pic1.jpg.957e5e5efe83fd0d92b522b313a9861b.jpg

IMG_7168.thumb.jpg.1229fed388921d5e195527b30217f050.jpg1669880396_RD25359_JPG.jpg.f06242842101baa58377a7d6eea609fa.jpg

• Like 4

Super work, as usual, Martinn.

I am however a bit puzzled. The fairing on the fuselage top is fairly evident on the pics, but what is this transverse strip supposed to represent ?

Hubert

• Like 4

Looking great, have you ever looked at the Lodella Beaufighter? They had corrected Vac parts for the cockpit and observer canopies.

Also, did you hear that there is a printer cockpit set coming for the Beau? Same company that did the 3D printer revell mustang exhaust. 

• Like 6

• Administrators
1 hour ago, 1to1scale said:

Looking great, have you ever looked at the Lodella Beaufighter? They had corrected Vac parts for the cockpit and observer canopies.

Also, did you hear that there is a printer cockpit set coming for the Beau? Same company that did the 3D printer revell mustang exhaust. 

I have a Lodella Beau. it's missing the torpedo, but I'll look in the mashed box to see if the vacs are there for this build... hmmmm

• Like 4

The Lodela vac-form cockpit canopy is basically molded around the kit’s part, but for a missing lateral horizontal frame.

Hubert

• Like 5

As Hubert noted above, Lodela does not provide much of an improvement or corrects anything. The V-tail is wrong , canopies are mediocre at the best and the photo-etched parts are really very simplistic.

Model Monkey cockpit set was brought to my attention by Carl on the previous page, however I do not want to build this kit into perfection with a use of aftermarket. I would like to see what can be done with a use of basic tools and techniques . I am having fun sanding , cutting and filing. Don't forget guys that I am just an assembler :)

motivational pic. 

Beaufighter-MkIF-RAF-68Sqn-WMP-X7842-Birmingham-Civil-Defence-June-1942-01.thumb.jpg.def770cfd3c5736f81795f49d8876cb4.jpg

• Like 6