The Great LSM Twins Group Build ends July 3, 2024 ×

RCAF Lanc 10MP. This really is a group effort

• Administrators

Thanks for the pics, Jeff. I'm so incredibly relieved we can't see down the fuselage, as doing those ribs looks like one seriously major undertaking.

I'll need to see how far down we can really see into the fuselage, because maybe a bit of basic rearranging and changing around in the radio room and the engineering room might be in order.

I have to try to keep this sane, as I have a feeling it'd be extremely easy to get lost in all this...

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Clunkmeister said:

Thanks for the pics, Jeff. I'm so incredibly relieved we can't see down the fuselage, as doing those ribs looks like one seriously major undertaking.

I'll need to see how far down we can really see into the fuselage, because maybe a bit of basic rearranging and changing around in the radio room and the engineering room might be in order.

I have to try to keep this sane, as I have a feeling it'd be extremely easy to get lost in all this...

My Pleasure, Pal, I hope there is some thing of use there for you.... IF Nothing else maybe enough to see what you DON'T want to do...

• Like 3

• Administrators
2 hours ago, Jeff said:

My Pleasure, Pal, I hope there is some thing of use there for you.... IF Nothing else maybe enough to see what you DON'T want to do...

What. I REALLY need is a close up of the radar dome under the belly.  And maybe of the rear camera pod. 

• Like 2

If I get this right Ernie, you are going to build '104' ??

This is the first time I have seen the word 'RESCUE' on the bomb doors . . .

image.png.04560a6c1275c0d07926ffcbffd24598.png

There must have been several changes in the livery of these aircraft I really would need to determine the actual period date I was working to ???

Good luck with the seat alterations

David

• Like 4

• Administrators
5 minutes ago, FME erk said:

If I get this right Ernie, you are going to build '104' ??

This is the first time I have seen the word 'RESCUE' on the bomb doors . . .

image.png.04560a6c1275c0d07926ffcbffd24598.png

There must have been several changes in the livery of these aircraft I really would need to determine the actual period date I was working to ???

Good luck with the seat alterations

David

Yes, they went through a bunch of alterations over the years.

I think I've settled on 104. It's the lesser modeled of the two well known birds, and I'm doing her in her final livery of white/grey/NMF, with the red and white lightning stripe.   I love that scheme, and if all works out, I may end up doing an RCAF Dak in the same scheme.

The ubiquitous RCAF C-119s also wore that scheme for awhile, as did the C-130s and Argus patrol bombers.  I find it a very spiffy and well turned out scheme.

• Like 5

37 minutes ago, Clunkmeister said:

I love that scheme, and if all works out, I may end up doing an RCAF Dak in the same scheme.

Gonna be great fun getting those big dekkals down over all those raised rivets or even masks! Who makes Prozac, I'm gonna buy some stocks?

• Like 5

• Administrators
9 minutes ago, smitty44 said:

Gonna be great fun getting those big dekkals down over all those raised rivets or even masks! Who makes Prozac, I'm gonna buy some stocks?

Yeah buddy. I tell you what, bud. Someday you oughta get you one and build one of your dream Gonnybirds.

That'd impress me, at least till you put in a Martin Baker seat and painted it grey.  :wallbash:

• Like 4

• Administrators

Well, just playing around but tacked on some side panels to deeper up the seat some and although obviously not great yet, it might be the path I go. 

A45175EE-B243-4C4B-A6F9-627A022C40A8.jpeg

Im not at all sold on that look, so here it is without the side panels. It’s looking the part

7A78D900-209D-44A7-BB1F-3061D777ED3A.jpeg

• Like 2

• Administrators
3 hours ago, Bomber_County said:

So many options, the dual controls do look very rudimentary, when’s the deadline on this beauty Ernie?

I’d like to take it to Chattanooga this year, Phil, so I’m saying early to mid July. 

• Like 3

• Administrators
6 minutes ago, BlrwestSiR said:

Looks like I'm going to HeritageCon in two weeks and since it's held at CWHM I'll see if I can get pics of their Lanc. Anything specific you need pics of Ernie? 

Carl

I’ll need to check, Carl. Thanks. 

• Like 3

20 minutes ago, Clunkmeister said:

That’s awesome info, Jeff, thanks!  That equipment, was it present on 104 in the early 60s? I don’t see those midship windows at all...

I'm not sure, let me dig a little deeper....