The Great LSM Twins Group Build ends July 3, 2024 ×

RCAF Lanc 10MP. This really is a group effort

• Administrators

So, some news here on this one.  There may be a solution to the treaded tire situation and possibly some of the little bibs and bobs that were added to these machines as well.  

There might even be some good news on decals. :)

• Like 4

• Administrators

Exactly Martin, it’ll all go away forever.  I’ll touch up the oscilloscope screen and add a few wires, just in case, as it’s right behind the pilot, visible with a penlight.  Behind this, it’s a black void. Like trying to understand Hungarian. 

A few wires must be added along the cockpit sidewall as well. Then a good wash to give it 20 years of hard use, and together she goes.

• Like 4

• Administrators
7 hours ago, BlrwestSiR said:

Ernie, it looks great.

I ran into the same dilemma on the B-25s which is why I scaled it back on the second one. 

Carl

Yup,

Carl, with the halves together, the interior can be seen back to the first third of the Nav table. With the canopy on, and with the rear canopy painted over, very little will be seen. 

It is pretty redundant to do this much work. :)

• Like 5

I suddenly have so few parts left in the kit box it is insane. The engineering is done well enough, that with a jar of Tamiya extra thin, you can just cruise along. I will have paint on at 4 months, for a four engine bomber that bodes well. SO many huge planes in the line up to build. Now we just need a  stand that will fit these beasts.

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, smitty44 said:

I suddenly have so few parts left in the kit box it is insane. The engineering is done well enough, that with a jar of Tamiya extra thin, you can just cruise along. I will have paint on at 4 months, for a four engine bomber that bodes well. SO many huge planes in the line up to build. Now we just need a  stand that will fit these beasts.

Strange ?

I haven't spied your build anywhere I dont think, can you show us some of it please ?

Why didnt HK provide a wall mount as they did with the B17 ?????

David

• Like 4

9 minutes ago, FME erk said:

Strange ?

I haven't spied your build anywhere I dont think, can you show us some of it please ?

Why didnt HK provide a wall mount as they did with the B17 ?????

David

Something I have to overcome is my lack of motivation to do build logs. The feeling I should be building instead of taking pictures, and the fact looking at pics of your build after the fact always seems to make it look not too flattering.

• Like 5

57 minutes ago, seiran01 said:

Looking good Ern! Bits & bobs will be in the mail tomorrow or Tuesday.

Martin- what are the drones under the wings of the pic you posted on the first page? Firebees? 

indeed

ff5bc395bccdc3783c809ed72de4a73f.jpg

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, smitty44 said:

Something I have to overcome is my lack of motivation to do build logs. The feeling I should be building instead of taking pictures, and the fact looking at pics of your build after the fact always seems to make it look not too flattering.

very true, yet by taking pictures you can discover details that you missed out , annoying but effective  :)

• Like 2

4 hours ago, smitty44 said:

This is how it will be finished.  British built, but RCAF operated.1-48-avro-lancaster-bomber-b-mki-victorious-virgin-fanlight-fanny.jpg

Sorry Ernie…..

Yours looks great Smitty. If you're on Facebook, Kyle at Wheels & Wings (my LHS) is doing the same scheme on a build for their store.  It's worth checking out for some inspiration.

Carl

• Like 5