The Great LSM Twins Group Build ends July 3, 2024 ×

RCAF Lanc 10MP. This really is a group effort

• Administrators

Aaaand, after watching Nige’s video and being reminded about the stabilizer swap needed, we just went and did it. No big deal actually. The way the pins are attached makes it super easy to remove two and plant them into the correct half. I spent more time cutting off the bunches of little locator pins than I did swapping the attaching pins. 

After Smitty reminded me what side the inspection holes face :) I swapped them around.

C4E0BB43-8B93-4C54-A4B6-50ECD3F1669F.jpeg

• Like 10

Stellar build Ernie...................... I'm lurking in the darkness watching your every move, I love what I'm seeing for sure....... this is going to be awesome in our old school colors..... as far as I'm concerned our post war colors showed some of the most beautiful military aircraft in the world, ..........................then.................. we went grey............:(

• Like 5

• Administrators

Thanks y'all. Building this postwar Lanc means taking more stuff off than it means putting it on.  No guns, no windows, no dorsal turret, no bomb aimer, nothing. Some say it loses it's Lanc look.  Not me. To me the postwar patrol planes look stellar.

• Like 7

• Administrators
Just now, seiran01 said:

Ooh, looking even nicer under primer!  Was the degreaser needed or was that more to be on the safe side?

Just to be safe, Mike. Your work is brilliant, my friend, just brilliant.

I think I’ll hit them with som Mr. Surfacer 1000 tomorrow, just to be sure.

I highly recommend your work, man. Outstanding!

• Like 3

I think its wonderful that certain modellers can produce the stuff that others need . . . . I think its a credit to the forum model builders that such a 'brotherhood' exists to serve us all for the better.

I think the dome and inlet are first class additions to your build Ernie and its coming along fine.

I too will be building a wartime Lanc without windows and judging from your photo, its turned out well. Did you or have you, re-riveted ??

David

• Like 6

I totally agree with David, THIS kind of helping and willingness to give a hand or advice or make parts is an outstanding tribute to the kind of guys here on this site and model guys !  Those parts look spot on Ernie, and I LOVE the fact that there is someone out there who has and can do 3D printing that doesn't require 400 pieces to be made in a production run..... one off stuff is so cool..... You have a real good RCAF Lanc now Ernie, just don't forget the strengthening sheets by the mid upper eh?  I can't wait to see the decals you'r getting made.....  love what you're doing here Bud....

• Like 5

• Administrators

David, I ran a panel lines through where I needed to, but there was very little riveting to be done. My biggest concern is he exterior on this model. The interior where the windows are I left alone. Nobody’ll see it anywhere.

This is such a great forum. Everyone  just chillin’ out and building models.

• Like 4

• Administrators
2 minutes ago, Jeff said:

I totally agree with David, THIS kind of helping and willingness to give a hand or advice or make parts is an outstanding tribute to the kind of guys here on this site and model guys !  Those parts look spot on Ernie, and I LOVE the fact that there is someone out there who has and can do 3D printing that doesn't require 400 pieces to be made in a production run..... one off stuff is so cool..... You have a real good RCAF Lanc now Ernie, just don't forget the strengthening sheets by the mid upper eh?  I can't wait to see the decals you'r getting made.....  love what you're doing here Bud....

Well, the decals being made are going to be offered commercially. Mike Belcher’s the man, and Belcher Bits should have these out in a day or two.   What was originally was going to be a set of masks scaled up to 32 from his 48 decal set has now turned into a full commercial product.  So you can have some too.

Mike Swinburne developed the 3D files for the 3D parts and offered out of the blue to do these.  I’m psyched, guys!

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Clunkmeister said:

David, I ran a panel lines through where I needed to, but there was very little riveting to be done. My biggest concern is he exterior on this model. The interior where the windows are I left alone. Nobody’ll see it anywhere.

This is such a great forum. Everyone  just chillin’ out and building models.

Yup, I'm "Chillin" BUT I'm building 'Museum Quality" models vicariously through all you guys.................... you should see my Museum..................well, maybe not, you'd have to split my head open to have a look...........:rofl:In all seriousness, I am really trying to emulate some of the incredible talents here, and I have seen so much great stuff, and ideas, I never would have thought of...... you guys ROCK !

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Clunkmeister said:

Well, the decals being made are going to be offered commercially. Mike Belcher’s the man, and Belcher Bits should have these out in a day or two.   What was originally was going to be a set of masks scaled up to 32 from his 48 decal set has now turned into a full commercial product.  So you can have some too.

Mike Swinburne developed the 3D files for the 3D parts and offered out of the blue to do these.  I’m psyched, guys!

Ernie, I have dealt with Mike a number of times in the past, and he is ONE real GOOD guy, and is really honest and has awesome products, so glad you guys hooked up..... I have recommended him many times and he has never failed to fulfill.....  good on you Mate!

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Jeff said:

Ernie, I have dealt with Mike a number of times in the past, and he is ONE real GOOD guy, and is really honest and has awesome products, so glad you guys hooked up..... I have recommended him many times and he has never failed to fulfill.....  good on you Mate!

Totally agree ! And Ern, your nailing this !.......harv

• Like 2